Cannot Finish / Revive inside Deathshroud?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Imix.6152

Imix.6152

How come we cannot finish or revive while in DS?

Elementalist can do both from mist form
Theif and Mesmer can do both while invis
Engineer can do both while mini’d
Warrior can do both while in either rampage or vengeance

We dont go immune to dmg, we dont go invisible, we dont go immune to CC.. yet we’re not allowed to finish or res.. wtf?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

When you are invis, you’re still using your health bar. Mist form 75cd. Rampage is an elite. Vengeance is a somewhat very conditional situation.

When you are in Deathshroud, you have another set of hp, you have another set of skills, you can enter this state frequently. It is very different to your examples.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I’m pretty sure we were supposed to be using “Blind” finishers.

Problem being it isn’t reliable enough to consistently finish people. If they attack at all after you blind and then CC you, it stops. But if they’re blinded and they try to use the cc it misses and they get stomped.

Vs. Thieves, Mesmers they don’t have to “hit” you in order to teleport which is BS imo.

Vs. Guardians this works “sometimes” cause I believe their attack is channeled and it stops the blind before they CC. But it is immensely satisfying to see their AOE attack fail when we lack ZERO stability. It’s quite hilarious actually.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Did you read the shroudstomp thread?

Hit both revive/FINISH THEM!!! and death shroud at the EXACT SAME TIME.

I bind mine to Q and F and hit them at the same time and you’ll be in DS reviving/finishing

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Imix.6152

When you are invis, you’re still using your health bar. Mist form 75cd. Rampage is an elite. Vengeance is a somewhat very conditional situation.

When you are in Deathshroud, you have another set of hp, you have another set of skills, you can enter this state frequently. It is very different to your examples.

There are A LOT of things other classes get to do that can be considered absurd when compared to necro.. like doing damage… I dont think its much to think necro should be able to finish or revive in DS.

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

There are A LOT of things other classes get to do that can be considered absurd when compared to necro.. like doing damage… I dont think its much to think necro should be able to finish or revive in DS.

I’m just saying, the examples you used aren’t on the same grounds as what you are putting forward.

If you said ‘mesmers can stomp in invis, thieves can’t stomp in invis, thief should be able to stomp in invis, then yes, you have a point’. But we are discussing two different things here. Deathshroud has its own set of strengths and weaknesses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

brickforlife.1364 – Except that that often bugs DS out making you unable to go out of it and when life force runs out getting suck with not a single one of your skills being usable, being unable to dodge/move and pretty much forced to restart the client… right, really good solution.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Andele.1306 True, but I hope it’s going on the list of things to fix. It also occurs to me when you get moa’d while in DS.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krizzy.6950

Krizzy.6950

Well since we cant stomp in DS at least be able to in lich/plague? If others can with an elite shouldn’t we? Not game breaking for me just adding input :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Also can’t do them in elite forms, and those are our only stability sources.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

More justify would be to ask, why our wells dont trigger on downed people. With staff you can only do staff damage to downed people…

in Necromancer

Imix.6152

I’m just saying, the examples you used aren’t on the same grounds as what you are putting forward.

If you said ‘mesmers can stomp in invis, thieves can’t stomp in invis, thief should be able to stomp in invis, then yes, you have a point’. But we are discussing two different things here. Deathshroud has its own set of strengths and weaknesses.

I’m not attempting to compare the things i listed to DS directly, simply the fact that you CAN defend against Death Shround while you CANNOT defend against invulnerability/stability/invis makes me think it is less deserving of a finish / revive restriction.

But to satisfy your need for an identical comparison. Why can warriors finish or revive inside Rampage but Necros are restricted inside Lich Form? They both grant stability for the duration, they’re both transformations and they both replace every ability on their hotbar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnitter.9857

Schnitter.9857

@TheBoz
In fact we can stomp and ress while in Plague and Lich, but like allt he other transform skills: You have to begin the stomp/ress before you use the skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I think lore-wise it’s logical that in DS we can’t Revive allies. Well it is called Dead shroud for a reason. Stomping on the other hand would give us to big of advantage, cause it would give us more time /life during stomp. Sometimes I got downed while stomping other downed player. That gave his teammates more time to help him.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Hi.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/MOVIE-Shroudstomp-Power-Necro-WvW/first#post469570

You can stomp and revive while in Deathshroud if you hit them at the same time. I’ve never experienced the bug that Andele mentioned and I’ve done this a lot. :P

I’m hoping they don’t nerf it and just give us the ability to stomp and revive straight up. I don’t see what the problem is since other classes have mechanics that give them advantages while stomping and reviving as well.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

I think lore-wise it’s logical that in DS we can’t Revive allies. Well it is called Dead shroud for a reason. Stomping on the other hand would give us to big of advantage, cause it would give us more time /life during stomp. Sometimes I got downed while stomping other downed player. That gave his teammates more time to help him.

How is stomping while in DS any more advantageous than stomping while invulnerable? Stomping while invisible, while different, also has some pretty huge advantages.

in Necromancer

Schnitter.9857

Hi.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/MOVIE-Shroudstomp-Power-Necro-WvW/first#post469570

You can stomp and revive while in Deathshroud if you hit them at the same time. I’ve never experienced the bug that Andele mentioned and I’ve done this a lot. :P

I’m hoping they don’t nerf it and just give us the ability to stomp and revive straight up. I don’t see what the problem is since other classes have mechanics that give them advantages while stomping and reviving as well.

Outstanding. Ive never seen this, lol
Had you contact some Dev to discover if it is a bug or is “valid”?

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

I assume they look at all the videos that are posted here. IMO, it can’t be classified as a bug since the game supports the simulataneous use of abilities in many many many circumstances. However, it might be possible that they don’t want us stomping or reviving while in DS. In which case they will adjust the mechanic to prevent that.

HOWEVER, I do believe they want to keep entering DS as a “use whenever you want to ability” so we can use it while stunned or knocked down. That’s basically the reason why you can stomp and DS at the same time.

I think it would be hard to “fix” one thing without destroying the other. IMO, they should just give us the ability to stomp and revive in DS straight up. You have to spend 30 points in Soul Reaping to get the most out of it anyway and most, if not all, of the other classes have some way to make them better at stomping and reviving.

Why should necros be any different?

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

With that said, it would be nice to get an official response on this issue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Timing the shroud stomp/revive is a bit tricky at times, I just drop the blind well ontop of the guy i’m gonna stomp. On revive sometimes I hit spectral armor, lets me take less damage until the guy is up.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Necromancer

Schnitter.9857

@Oozo
I agree in genre with you, the problem is just the lack of an official answer.

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

I’m not attempting to compare the things i listed to DS directly, simply the fact that you CAN defend against Death Shround while you CANNOT defend against invulnerability/stability/invis makes me think it is less deserving of a finish / revive restriction.

But to satisfy your need for an identical comparison. Why can warriors finish or revive inside Rampage but Necros are restricted inside Lich Form? They both grant stability for the duration, they’re both transformations and they both replace every ability on their hotbar.

…I’ve been trying to tell you its pointless to ask why can this do that and why can’t this do that when the two things you are comparing are DIFFERENT.

in Necromancer

Schnitter.9857

@kKagari
The point is this invulnerable skills have a long cooldown if compared to our DS. While an Elementalist can go to Mist Form each 75 sec, we can go to DS each 10 sec, or 5 if traited. Obviously Mist Form is much better in defensive terms, but is not so frequent like DS.

(edited by Schnitter.9857)