Celestial pvp build?

Celestial pvp build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m hoping to play stonghold, so I’ve been looking for a build. I put together one that seems to hit pretty hard (not as hard as a full power necro) and also has a lot of survivability, mobility and stability.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBmODbkjmib7px6GOcT8MUSHBBQzCVQS9PsDxAA-TJRBwA02fQzDB4bZAAXBAA

In very limited conquest testing, I’m pretty bad with it. Some of that is for sure because I’m new to both necro and pvp. But maybe the build just isn’t a great idea.

Anyone see anything clearly wrong with this build?

Celestial pvp build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kinook.1497

Kinook.1497

well, i am not an elitist PVP-er myself, but from what i’ve seen, celestial builds work well on classes that also have some healing. Have you tried using dagger as main hand instead of axe? Celestial=you get everything but you also must do everything, including healing yourself.

Celestial pvp build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx for the feedback. I tried dagger as well, and it also seems good. I used axe mostly because I liked having the range.

There is some healing in this build:
- consume conditions
- staff 2
- unholy sanctuary – it heals for about 185 per second with the celestial amulet

The concept I was trying to achieve was build life force quickly so I could frequently be in death shroud. In death shroud, you are building might stacks while you’re healing. If somehow you could sit in death shroud for about 20 seconds. That’s around 13 stacks of might (because life blast is really every 1.5 seconds) and its about 3700 healing.

Then blood is power and lich form give a burst damage ability. And with a good number of might stacks, a handful of bleeds can tick at 400 or more per second.

That was my theory anyway… lol. In practice, I’m really spastic with this build – I just don’t have a feel for moving between the skills. I want to believe the build is good, and I could get better at it.

Celestial pvp build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Well for one, unholy sanctuary is bad. This isn’t my opinion this is an objective fact. 185 healing per second in DS translates to at most 90hps (you aren’t spending 50% of your time in DS, but in an ideal scenario you could). For a grandmaster trait that’s a massive joke because eles soothing mist heals for about the same amount on a single target, and it’s an adept minor that applies in aoe. Mark of evasion would also be way stronger and it’s an adept trait as well.

Also, I can never justify axe in any build that isn’t WvW zerging. The 1 and 2 skills are still terrible after all these years. Dagger is way better, giving a good auto attack and healing on the second skill (although this still needs to be buffed). Besides that, I wonder do you actually kill anyone 1vs1 with this build? I don’t think there is enough debuffing(boon corruption) or damage traits to kill the sustain classes in the game currently. I’d suggesting trying to put more points into spite or curses, and seeing if you don’t have a better time.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.