Changes in the Sept 2014 Feature Pack (WOOT!)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Scepter does not need projectiles. That’s part of why it’s quite good: it ignores projectile-hate.

But that’s why it has little counter play which is the point.

Then again there are a lot of things that have no counter play at all so I don’t think scepter is at the top of that list.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

There is some counterplay to scepter and axe. Stealth. They require a target which means the necro has to re-target you everytime you reappear.

Then again even projectile weapons tend to require a target to be accurate. Still its a minor disadvantage and an advantage for a different reason. At least with projectile weapons you can blindly fire in front of you without a target. ;d

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’d like to see axe #1 get a slight boost. A chain would be nice.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

1 hour to go. Prepare popcorn.

Karl, be our salvation!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Still 2 hours, it’s 12 pacific, 3 eastern.

I am looking forward to it though, I hope it has some reasonable buffs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Give me OP spectrals and daggers now!

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Well that wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. A freebie sort of cheat death for lazy people tied to unholy sanctuary if you forgot to use your DS or got locked out because of a mistake, and a whole 1 extra second to steal life with our heal signet….

The buffs to the already amazing spectral armor skills were nice… but I mean everyone already used those? Not sure exactly what the point was.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I guess the cleave was a nice hand out? /shrugs

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

I thought that they’re increasing the cast for Corrupt Boon in order to restore it’s old state with corrupting ALL boons…

Anyway, nothing much for Axe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

No, they increased its cast time to give it counterplay, but also reduced its aftercast. Overall it takes as much time to fully cast but the enemies actually get a chance to not get absolutely pounded into oblivion because there was no way to react.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

They should’ve increased the counterplay/cast time of Contemplation of Purity too, then. Or just make it on par with CB and let it convert only 5 conditions into boons.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Except CoP doesn’t allow you to condi bomb someone so hard their game uninstalls itself. Its a completely defensive CD with a higher CD.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Cast time nerf on CB is meaningless: it still doesn’t have any clear and distinguishing casting animation, it’s just the necro waving his arms around, so you don’t know whether you’re dodging CB or Mark of Blood. It was easily dodgeable already, but only by chance! :p

Well that wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. A freebie sort of cheat death for lazy people tied to unholy sanctuary if you forgot to use your DS or got locked out because of a mistake, and a whole 1 extra second to steal life with our heal signet….

Yeah, it basically lowers the skill floor of the class, as if spamming scepter 1 wasn’t easy enough already.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I just dont understand, they didn’t nerf the actual slightly op things we have, and I’m being generous when I call them op. They didn’t really buff anything… yet we are now supposed to compete with the other classes that have been buffed…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

CB is a buff for me against those random dodge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So, could anyone post the actual changes instead of just talking about them, please? Stuck at work, so I can’t watch the video.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I just dont understand, they didn’t nerf the actual slightly op things we have, and I’m being generous when I call them op. They didn’t really buff anything… yet we are now supposed to compete with the other classes that have been buffed…

Except no meta builds were just blanket buffed. Warrior is nerfed, S/D is nerfed, none of the big builds got flat buffs, they were either nerfed or are neutral overall/slight changes.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

You are right they didn’t buff meta builds they buffed the other builds. I am not convinced power Rangers, great sword warriors, PU mesmers and all guardians aren’t all going to be insane. Meanwhile necro really didn’t get anything, I already reseed and stomped with ds, that unholy sanctuary thing is just a guarantee that I will spawn with no lf and the trait sucks anyway so never taking that under any circumstances.

Maybe I’m being harsh but I was a littel excited. I’ll reserve judgement for a little while I guess.