Chill DMG scales with....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Another quick thread which will be bumped down to obvious reaper hype…

Anyway, not sure if they mentioned it, but whaat does chill dmg scale with? If it’s condi then there is a chance for condi reapers (with dhuumfire on 1/2 melee AA <3)
If it’s power then it could be the best choice there (IMO).

Please enlighten me!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Will likely be condition damage, similar to how fear damage scales with condi damage while traited.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Dont quote me on that but i recall that Robert said it would be condition damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’ve been wondering the same.

https://youtu.be/DjOrs5krQRw?t=502

He says it’s a way to deal condition damage. However, he didn’t say it scaled with condition damage. I’d be careful on this one. It could easily mean the same but he could also refer to condition damage because Chill is a condition. I’m sure they will clarify it sooner or later.

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

with condi I could see chill/fearomancers become a real thing with burn on AA :O

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

with condi I could see chill/fearomancers become a real thing with burn on AA :O

I got the sneaking suspicion we might see more people using passive fear procs again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

nightmare runes anyone?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

hopefully power… reaper traits and GS skills and RS skills all seem so power-ish and condition damage would be very weird

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

I’m okay with either…because i plan to go hybrid =D

but most likely it will scale with condi.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

If you watch the video no idea what gear set he is using but you can see the chill tick for 647 and 725 with 9 stacks of might. below 50% hp so its not weak either.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

If it were to stack with condition damage- all I have to say is “oh my”. There would be nothing stopping you from taking damage on fear and chill and cycling between the two while upkeeping dhummfire in KS since you’d be tanky in a carrion or dire stat armor. Indeed oh my. Fear, chill, fire, bleed…. bringing the pain.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

If it were to stack with condition damage- all I have to say is “oh my”. There would be nothing stopping you from taking damage on fear and chill and cycling between the two while upkeeping dhummfire in KS since you’d be tanky in a carrion or dire stat armor. Indeed oh my. Fear, chill, fire, bleed…. bringing the pain.

I think the scalin giwth condi dmg was confirmed, not sure though. And he was using Soldiers, so no way to tell.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

in the video with the grawl he is using gear with some condi damage and is scaled down but his chill hits between 3~600 damage with no might.

watch from 43:55 onwards carefully.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

in the video with the grawl he is using gear with some condi damage and is scaled down but his chill hits between 3~600 damage with no might.

watch from 43:55 onwards carefully.

That would pretty much confirm scaling with condi damage, wouldn’t"" it?

I swear that profanity filter…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

He didnt explicitly confirm. But i would assume its condi damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

He didnt explicitly confirm. But i would assume its condi damage.

This. It’s a condition, so scaling with condi makes sense. Plus there are not many more condi focused traits there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It would be great if it was condi, because the specialization has nice synergy with a tankier condi setup.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Glacial Heart – Guardian Trait that Chills on hit, is Power Based.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

but the chill doesnt do damage

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

In the stream he said something along the lines of “Allowing you to deal a little bit of extra condition damage”, so I think its fair to assume it will likely be condi damage. I think it’s their answer to “why would a Condition player run Reaper?”

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

Chill damage will scale off boon durnation like all other conditions after HoT

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

In the stream he said something along the lines of “Allowing you to deal a little bit of extra condition damage”, so I think its fair to assume it will likely be condi damage. I think it’s their answer to “why would a Condition player run Reaper?”

Thanks ron, didn’t catch that. So ye, it’s probably gonna be condi.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrAptronym.2846

MrAptronym.2846

I think the only reason anyone would assume power is wishful thinking. Is there any precident for it being power? I would like to take Deathly Chill, but I don’t have a good grasp on how the damage is, it is thematically fun, but power reaper looks to be a more effective option.

Sadly, from what I see, zerker reaper still seems like the best option.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Well I hope it’s condition damage too. I assumed it scaled with power and that they made the damage proc low since reaper GS has very frequent Chill application. You’d have to make the damage low to balance it for GS. But if Robert was wearing power gear when he was demonstrating that, then the trait might actually proc for a reasonable amount with rabid or carrion gear on! It would make the trait a more reasonable option for terrormancers, though I still think core terrormancer would be better.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I think the only reason anyone would assume power is wishful thinking. Is there any precident for it being power? I would like to take Deathly Chill, but I don’t have a good grasp on how the damage is, it is thematically fun, but power reaper looks to be a more effective option.

Sadly, from what I see, zerker reaper still seems like the best option.

It looks to me like it’s more tailored towards a bursty playstyle as well, although I believe the chill options are there so that people who want to play condition specs don’t have any new fun things to work with from reaper.

Alternatively, one could always make a power/condi hybrid to work in conjunction with the chill traits. Though the worth of that would be hard to determine without actual firsthand testing.

I was working on making a chill-specialized build for my necromancer, but I think I’ll maybe try and do it with reaper to see how it will work out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

I think Reaper works better for Power builds on paper, but Dhuumfire with RS auto will be pretty brutal — it attacks faster than DS, and uses an arc/zone instead of a line so you will most likely inflict more burning overall in group fights.

I’d prolly go something like this for a hybrid reaper:

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQG7AKkBaw~

or this for a straight condi:

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQG6AKsBaw~

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

My only question is if the Dhuumfire will hit multiple foes since the KS AA hits 3 3 then 5 players. This could be extremely brutal on a Necro wearing carrion armor. Taking full advantage of specific rune sets to generate a truly scary tanky condi melee toon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

A Dhuum’fire and Ice’ hybrid build with Rune of the Elementalist?

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

0/X/0/0/X/X Apothecary with Might stacking.

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

It would be absollutely awesome, but like I said in the other thread on the subject, I don’t see how you can get the chill uptime if you’re a conditionmancer (ie. if you’re using scepter/dagger+staff). Seems like all the traits are designed to ghet maximum utility out of GS, and GS would be lousy condi weapon as it only has 1 damaging condition on a long cooldown.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It would be nice if they made both it and terror scale off both. Either cut the coefficient so it can use both stats or be ‘smart’ and just decide to base the damage off whichever stat is higher. This way both traits are useful to the class regardless of spec.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Actually, now that I think about it, he never explicitly said in the stream that all those direct damage abilities scale with power. Just like we have no idea if the condition’s damage will scale with condition damage, we have no idea if the greatsword attacks will scale with power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It would be absollutely awesome, but like I said in the other thread on the subject, I don’t see how you can get the chill uptime if you’re a conditionmancer (ie. if you’re using scepter/dagger+staff). Seems like all the traits are designed to ghet maximum utility out of GS, and GS would be lousy condi weapon as it only has 1 damaging condition on a long cooldown.

Maybe with the adapt trait chilling nova? It also hits your target. That plus lets say sigil of ice should be enough to give the staff, scepter/dagger weapon set perma chill.

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

It would be nice if they made both it and terror scale off both. Either cut the coefficient so it can use both stats or be ‘smart’ and just decide to base the damage off whichever stat is higher. This way both traits are useful to the class regardless of spec.

I think that could be an interesting idea, but it’s never gonna happen as long as they stick to linear scaling. If they had a diminishing returns scaling formula (eg. “root of power+condition damage” rather than “power*0.5”) then they could do that, but it seems like a radical departure for them given that they haven’t budged off linear scaling (not just for damage, but for healing and everything else too) for nearly 3 years.

I actually posted in the other thread about ways in which they could make Reaper traits more useful to conditionmancers if you feel like reading: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Condi-Reaper-thread/5072967

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Actually, now that I think about it, he never explicitly said in the stream that all those direct damage abilities scale with power. Just like we have no idea if the condition’s damage will scale with condition damage, we have no idea if the greatsword attacks will scale with power.

All direct damage abilities use coefficients. And due to the way damage is calculated it means they all scale with power.

There is no non scaling damage ingame. Apart from a very small amount of environmental objects. The orb in arah does percentage damage to you. And skritt bottles do a flat 10% of the enemies health (the npc that sells them is disabled because of this).

All skill damage or damage players do scales with either power or condition damage.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

if traited for chilling darkness, gs could be viable on a carrion(pvp)/sinister(pve) setup do to still doing decent normal dmg and with poison(on a cc pull) and the #4 pulsing its blind(chill) and cripple. Also keep in mind(i noticed a lot of ppl have overlooked this) chilling darkness’ tooltip in the stream showed 2s of chill per blind.

And in pvp if you could stand losing chilling force you could take decimate defenses and have crit chance.

(edited by Papish.5806)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I totally missed chill damage scaling with condition damage. Right now, I think skills with chill include flat damage that scales with power; no condition damage involved.

A switch to chill doing condition damage would seriously affect non-reaper builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

It’s fairly easy to assume it will scale with condition damage, since chill is a condition. Conditions scaling with power doesn’t really make any sense. The same way terror turns a pure cc condition into a damaging condition that scales with condition damage.

Deathly Chill seems designed to add something for condition damage builds. The Reaper GM trait layout is like this:

Blighter’s Boon: Everyone/Sustain. Synergies well with some other Reaper traits to give certain builds even more sustain in the way of LF gain and healing while in RS.

Deathly Chill: Hybrid/Condimancers. Gives added pressure and DoT to condition damage builds. Also creates a nice condi spike in combination with fear procing terror and deathly chill at the same time.

Reapers’ Onslaught: Powermancers. Give them even more DPS and a means to spam Death’s Charge for great AoE damage and mobility.

Wanting Deathly Chill to scale with power is just wishful thinking. The same wishful thinking that I had/have with wanting siphons to scale also with condition damage or a trait that allowed it to. Sometimes we can’t have our cake and eat it too.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Right now, all of Necromancer’s conditions scale with the duration attached to Spite. Only fear, poison, bleed, burning and confusion use the condition damage stat.

Chill, blind, vulnerability, weakness, and the rest only use duration and chill skills have direct damage glommed on the side. It would be nice if chill had its own damage like burning so gear did not have to be so power-crit dependent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Hi all!
Just to clear up the confusion: This trait currently scales off of condition damage. The amount it scales with is in-flux, but what you saw in the P.O.I. episode was roughly 25-33% of Terror’s values.

-Karl

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Hi all!
Just to clear up the confusion: This trait currently scales off of condition damage. The amount it scales with is in-flux, but what you saw in the P.O.I. episode was roughly 25-33% of Terror’s values.

-Karl

Thank you Karl! Condi/terror/reaper/dhuumfrostfire/chill/melee/necromancers incoming!

(My first red thread :O)

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Thank you for the clarification Karl!

Also, I would like to make it official, no more complaining about red posts for at least a few months.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Thank you, Karl. Congratulations, Holl.

I think I will keep waiting on salvaging condition stat gear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Hi all!

-Karl

Thanks for that, but I really have to ask if you expected this to be a point of confusion, or were as surprised as I was that people thought the condition’s damage would not scale with condition damage?

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Hi all!

-Karl

Is it correct to assume this is also the above 50% damage so under 50% its 66% of terrors damage?

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

That’s good to know. I think a celestial GS reaper might be a thing you know…

EDIT: Karl, another clarification: is the damage from that trait per second, or just a one-off when chill is initially applied? If the latter, does it proc again if chill is reapplied on an already chilled target?

(edited by manveruppd.7601)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odjira.9274

Odjira.9274

Oh my, an Anet employee on the necro forums. And now back to questions not being answered for another 2 years.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Oh my, an Anet employee on the necro forums. And now back to questions not being answered for another 2 years.

Yeah guys look what we did. We wasted a perfectly good red post on whether a condition scales with condition damage. Good going guys.

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

I’m glad it scales with condition damage. However, I’d like to know if it will tick per second or if its just a single hit on condition application?

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

Conditions tick per second. This is why they’re referred to as ‘DoTs’ (damage over time) and scale with condition damage. It would be a silly precedent to have ONE trait that ignores this general rule.