Chill DMG scales with....?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

A red tag in the necro forum?

This is the apocalypse, I’m sure of it.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I was wondering if chill would get a damage icon like terror does as well, cause there wasn’t any in the videos they showcased. It would certainly make it easier to see and distinguish from other random damage numbers like lifesteal damage (which would be amazing if it got its own floater icon too)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I cant imagine they wont give it an icon when it ticks damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Terror got one so it should. Would make a chill build much more interesting to play if you got this feedback.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

I think Condition Reaper is going to be quite powerful .. The ability to apply so many simultaneously is not to be scoffed at. Fear, Blind, Chill, Poison .. Could be decent spike damage if not cleared.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

If they really want to promote build diversity, they should make chill scale from whichever is greater: condi or power.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

If they really want to promote build diversity, they should make chill scale from whichever is greater: condi or power.

That wouldn’t promote diversity, that would just mean you could be a condition mancer with the berserker bear you already have. There wouldn’t be a tradeoff between power and condition damage. Diversity is not just letting zerk gear be the best.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

How could anyone be happy that it scales with condition damage?

Greatsword is your only method of applying perma-chill, and 99% of the damage on greatsword is power type damage.

All they’ve done is make this trait useless to people who actually use greatsword. Condi builds might see some fitting it in somewhere, but those builds aren’t going to be able to keep chill on a target without swapping to greatsword and losing all of their bleeds, poisons, and other conditions. Switching from scepter to GS to apply chill could only be a DPS loss.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Or, you know, Fearing, since there’s a minor trait that applies Chill on Fear.

Or Blinding, since Chilling Darkness exists.

Or using the ice field on RS5 and the combo finishers on RS2 and RS4 to Chill.

Or Sigil of Ice, Sigil of Hydromancy, Chillblains, or extensions from Chilling Nova.

Even Condi Necros have plenty of ways to apply Chill.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I think what they did is attempt to give us a celestial class

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If you want to chill someone in a condi build it isn’t remotely hard. Chilling Darkness + Nightfall/Well of Darkness/Plague, Spectral Grasp, Chillblains, any application of fear, Executioner’s Scythe (plus any whirl combos), sigils/runes, Chilling Nova, Suffer!, Chilled to the bone!, and your GS auto chain.

What more do you want?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Well, if it’s condi damage, you could run Dhuumfire/Terror/Deathly Chill and go Rabid or Dire and probably do something in the field of a gajillion damage.

Why should Deathly Chill get a special pass? Nothing wrong with having something nice for condimancers and celestialmancers.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Well, if it’s condi damage, you could run Dhuumfire/Terror/Deathly Chill and go Rabid or Dire and probably do something in the field of a gajillion damage.

Why should Deathly Chill get a special pass? Nothing wrong with having something nice for condimancers and celestialmancers.

Honestly, with all the CC a necro brings, I’m comfortable just going pure Sinister as a chillomancer, assuming they let us use it in PvP when HoT hits.

(edited by Captain Unusual.9163)

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I agree, Sinister GS sounds interesting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I wonder if they’ll make condi’s viable in PvE with HoT. Would love to run a PvE terror/chill build.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I wonder if they’ll make condi’s viable in PvE with HoT. Would love to run a PvE terror/chill build.

Changes to the condi caps, and how burning and poison stack, are massive buffs to conditions for PvE already.

Nalhadia – Kaineng