Chill Damage and condition changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xashen.6174

Xashen.6174

I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on the subject. Since Reapers will be able to deal damage with chill, will the chill condition stack or will it behave similarly to Terror? Given how Burning and Poison both got changed to stacking, I feel the need to ask.

If it indeed does stack intensity like bleed, poison, and burning, this would be a major shift in how Necromancers would build their Reapers.

If anyone knows what the math is on how Chill damage will be calculated, I’d also appreciate the information. I’m trying to get all the information I can on the subject so I can plan a gear setup.

Bonus points for an ANET response.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hennrick.4623

hennrick.4623

Imho, due to the inner workings of chill, it will still stack intensity: having it deal damage is only a bonus effect, no need to change the whole condi for a specialization, no?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

It will work like Terror because there is no reason to complicate this thing.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Imho, due to the inner workings of chill, it will still stack intensity: having it deal damage is only a bonus effect, no need to change the whole condi for a specialization, no?

U mean “duration” . Also pretty sure they confirmed its duration stacking, we just dont know the dmg scaling (we only saw 200dps over 50% , 300dps under 50% ).

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xashen.6174

Xashen.6174

That’s what I was worried about, because in the video it didn’t seem to be ticking that hard. Might be because they weren’t running a condition build, or it’s just not that strong. Either way, the more info on that the better.

At this point, if it isn’t a stacking condition, I’m probably going to run a Power build with Chill duration. Otherwise it would be full condition with chill duration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hennrick.4623

hennrick.4623

U mean “duration” . Also pretty sure they confirmed its duration stacking, we just dont know the dmg scaling (we only saw 200dps over 50% , 300dps under 50% ).

Yeah, sorry, i meant duration.
I was tired yesterday… kitten .