Chill on Auto-attack.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

This is too much, surely?

I understand the lack of mobility, but 100% chill uptime via auto attack? This is going to change.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This is too much, surely?

Reapers attack slow, and its they main form of defense against melee damage….

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Did you see how long the casts were? It is strong, but easily avoidable.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Considering the class still has no mobility, poor access to stability, and no instant condi removal, it’s seem like a reasonable trade to me.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Did you see how long the casts were? It is strong, but easily avoidable.

And really easy to see.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Haven’t had a chance to watch the stream yet, I’m just going off what i’ve read on dulfy, everything else seems pretty cool, granted I haven’t seen it in action yet, but spammable chill just seems too much, why not cripple and have chill on one of the other 4 weapon skills?

I want necromancers to be viable, as It was one of the classes i really wanted to main back when the game was launched, but it just felt so lackluster and crap back then.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

It’s on the 3rd swing of auto, and the swings are slow. So no, it’s not as bad as you think.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Going by the timers though on the skill description, it looks like it’d have 100% uptime, if you factor in condi+ food and traits.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Just dodge the attack that chills. You can also tell the attack that chills because the entire length of the sword turns noticeably frosty.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Atherakhia.4086

Going by the timers though on the skill description, it looks like it’d have 100% uptime, if you factor in condi+ food and traits.

It does, but those numbers aren’t final either. Plus none of the other attacks cause chill so it’s the weapon’s only way to proc it without supporting traits and such.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Chill is the Reaper’s thing. He isn’t the biggest damager, has slow attacks, gives little support, but he can chill out the kitten . Remove that part, and you’re basically neutering the Reaper.

Also, consider that you’ll probably spend 30-40% of the time in shroud, removing your main source of chill.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Well, I’m convinced it’s not really that much of a problem, now all we need is thieves to actually be affected by chill and we’re golden.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

based on the speed of attacks it’s basically like he’s permanently chilled, so seems fair.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

based on the speed of attacks it’s basically like he’s permanently chilled, so seems fair.

since thieves’ weapon skills have no cooldown, how about chill reducing their initiative regen?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Are necro players really suggesting people to dodge auto-attacks?…Like dodging auto-attacks?..I’ll remember this..

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

since thieves’ weapon skills have no cooldown, how about chill reducing their initiative regen?

As someone with a Thief main, I honestly think that’s fair.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It will get lowered to a lower duration since with runes, sigil and food 100% chill duration is a thing. 8s of chill every 3rd auto..

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, but my impression is that with the Reaper, they are 100% cool with players having 100% chill uptime under ideal conditions. The Reaper is intended to leave everyone constantly chilled, it’s a feature, not a bug

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Are necro players really suggesting people to dodge auto-attacks?…Like dodging auto-attacks?..I’ll remember this..

If someone is complaining about an ability, the answer is to dodge that ability. Otherwise deal with the consequences of being hit.

The ability broadcasts on loudspeaker when it’s going to land. If 100% chill up time by an auto-spamming GS Necro is really getting you down that much, there is an answer.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

It will get lowered to a lower duration since with runes, sigil and food 100% chill duration is a thing. 8s of chill every 3rd auto..

Yeah and on the receiving end with runes, food and traits you can reduce chill by 100% as well, so I don’t really see a problem.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

As someone with a Thief main, I honestly think that’s fair.

Bump ^

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I will remember this thread when the time comes, necro players will live to regret their disdainful words….what goes around..comes around. You say to have no problems with having powerful condis on auto-attack, you will come to regret this idea

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I will remember this thread when the time comes, necro players will live to regret their disdainful words….what goes around..comes around. You say to have no problems with having powerful condis on auto-attack, you will come to regret this idea

Man, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Besides, Necros kinda thrive on condis, to an extent. Especially a condi-shedding mm… Now with cleave. So the passive aggressive threat to all necros is kind of… Well. Impotent

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

Thieves have poison and weakness on auto attack, Guards have burning, now Necros get chill. Which is actually easier to remove than any of the other conditions since its part of the movement impairing conditions which classes have built in traits or skills that either reduce their duration by huge amounts OR just outright remove them like a thief’s withdraw for example. Another major counter is simply shoutbows existing. Any way you look at it applying and keeping permanent chill on all but the most condi-cleanse lacking classes will be hard if not impossible. The only thing I can think of would be a mesmer but then they’d just blink away anyway so there’s that. Overall it just isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. Sure it CAN be strong, but its easily countered.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Haven’t had a chance to watch the stream yet, I’m just going off what i’ve read on dulfy, everything else seems pretty cool, granted I haven’t seen it in action yet, but spammable chill just seems too much, why not cripple and have chill on one of the other 4 weapon skills?

I want necromancers to be viable, as It was one of the classes i really wanted to main back when the game was launched, but it just felt so lackluster and crap back then.

Spamable would be dagger AA speed, it’s no where near that and it’s seems to be the key to how reaper will have survivability in melee. Since the specs damage reduction, ability to stay on target and the ability to land it’s longer cast time shouts and attacks all seemed tied to the target being chilled.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Well, I’m convinced it’s not really that much of a problem, now all we need is thieves to actually be affected by chill and we’re golden.

Attacks that chill, blinds that chill, fears that chill, an elite that chills. No matter how you put it, that thief is getting chilled.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I’ve made condi necros that can keep a target chilled for days… know what? … it sucked…

The chill is nice, but lets not get crazy here. Chill runes are a thing, and no one uses them.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Rangers and warriors have cripple on AA and theirs is much faster than reaper’s

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Dodging on AA is a nice idea, but Vigor and Energy runes only get you so far and if you wasted your dodges on AA you are going to eat the big skills.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

There is no way a necromancer will be allowed to chill someone with autoattacks in PvP more than ~once per game. It makes you facetank damage from your opponent for far too long and can be blinded/dodged/rupted easily. In PvE, well, it’s so slow I’m sure you’ll be losing significant DPS for wasting time on this autoattack.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

Chill on AA is the only thing that can save this specialization. Knowing the weaknesses of the profession, and how they were exasperated in the specialization, chill on AA is the least they could do.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Rangers and warriors have cripple on AA and theirs is much faster than reaper’s

The ranger cripple is single target. The warrior one feels like a lack of forethought when they place it on the chain which was final thrust originally.

But it needs to be mentioned maybe if Anet had not done so much homogenizing early in the game then perhaps professions could be allowed to have differences without the comparisons.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dodging on AA is a nice idea, but Vigor and Energy runes only get you so far and if you wasted your dodges on AA you are going to eat the big skills.

Every class except necro has an over abundance of damage avoidance. So its fair. Plus with high mobility you can just walk out of range of the attack. Maybe even just walk normally behind the necro to avoid the hit.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

In the video there are times when its faster and times when its slower so looks like they are still messing with its cast and after cast. It essentially has similar timing to maul so you should be able to turn and use it same with maul.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Yeah, but my impression is that with the Reaper, they are 100% cool with players having 100% chill uptime under ideal conditions. The Reaper is intended to leave everyone constantly chilled, it’s a feature, not a bug

Constant chill will be not fun. Unskilled and bad design

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Constant chill will be not fun. Unskilled and bad design

By that notion so is elemental attunement, healing signet and a bunch of other things already in the game.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Constant chill isnt likely to be as easy as many people are making it out to be. Its going to require greatsword auto attack spam which means you wont be doing much else. And then the only other sources are RS #5, the elite shout and the chill shout. Those arent really very short cooldowns. And if you dodge the opening chills (first auto attack or those big cooldowns). The reaper is going to have a hard time getting that chill on you.

And this is the thing. Reaper doesnt have as many CC’s or big hits and any they do have are on chill attacks. So you can save your avoidance for the chill attacks and then control the fight from there.

I think they’ve designed the chill sources quite well. Theres definitely the chance to snowball from a good chill application early on. But its going to be hard to do that consistantly in sPvP. Perma chill only really seems reliably feesable in PvE. Which is fair.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

If it were a faster attack time then 100% chill time could be considered overpowered. The slower attack time and it being on a three step auto attack is what balances it out.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

I don’t know why they didn’t do this to begin with. Kind of an oversight.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s been said 10000 times that chill should affect Init Regen.

However, not at 66% I don’t think. If it added a special tool tip note that it slows down initiative generation by 33%, that’d be nice. Even then it wouldn’t be a full 33% since they gain initiative in several ways.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Atherakhia.4086

Question: will deathly chill work like terror that each second of chill will proc damage? Or just application? I can’t watch video at work to try and answer question on my own.

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Question: will deathly chill work like terror that each second of chill will proc damage? Or just application? I can’t watch video at work to try and answer question on my own.

It will work like Terror. And in fact will always work alongside terror since all fears apply 3s of chill.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Atherakhia.4086

It will work like Terror. And in fact will always work alongside terror since all fears apply 3s of chill.

And is the damage static or is it based off condition damage?

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

I think you’re vastly overestimating things. As many have stated, the likelihood of that third attack landing is quite small. Every meta class has access to mobility, which is part of the reason they’re meta. If you’re hit by that third attack multiple times in a single engagement then you pretty much deserve to lose. Necros are still going to be CC’ed and focused for days, so the fact you’re worried about an incredibly long auto-attack chain is kind of hilarious.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Chill on Auto-attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

And is the damage static or is it based off condition damage?

Should be condition damage, but I’m not sure if this was confirmed.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build