in Necromancer

Posted by: killfil.3472

killfil.3472

Tittle says it all…

Chilling Darkness. Why such a nerf?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The last Chilling Darkness change was a buff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Chilling Darkness wasn’t touched for a long time. You’re probably thinking about Chilling Nova or Chilling Victory.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

If you are referring to the time when Chilling Darkness had no internal cooldown, in the current meta, it would be a bit overpowered. A spite/curses/reaper build would mean that every blind you apply would also grant Chilled, 3 vuln and 3 bleeds (in non pvp mode).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

If you are referring to the time when Chilling Darkness had no internal cooldown, in the current meta, it would be a bit overpowered. A spite/curses/reaper build would mean that every blind you apply would also grant Chilled, 3 vuln and 3 bleeds (in non pvp mode).

And every time a fury will be corrupted into blind.. rofl

in Necromancer

killfil.3472

Isn’t Well of darkness the only heavy blind application we have though? Death’s charge and Deathly swarm are the only others I can think of…

Edit: I remembered Nightfall was a thing.

(edited by killfil.3472)

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Isn’t Well of darkness the only heavy blind application we have though? Death’s charge and Deathly swarm are the only others I can think of…

Edit: I remembered Nightfall was a thing.

Aye, and as Vitali said, every time we corrupt fury (Nightfall corrupts on each hit) it would be another blind.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

in Necromancer

killfil.3472

Thing is, greatsword is a power weapon… I get that it would certainely have an impact but than again the chances of you using a greatsword when running condie are somewhat slim, am I correct?

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Thing is, greatsword is a power weapon… I get that it would certainely have an impact but than again the chances of you using a greatsword when running condie are somewhat slim, am I correct?

Incorrect. Current condi meta uses greatsword. While yes, camping greatsword is our highest power dps build, it is far outpaced by our condi.

in Necromancer

killfil.3472

Really?? I dont pvp much so I didnt know… but in pvp isnt the trait for chill damage rather weak?

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

camping greatsword is our highest power dps build

only below 50%. axe was buffed so above 50% you swap between axe&shroud and gs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Really?? I dont pvp much so I didnt know… but in pvp isnt the trait for chill damage rather weak?

It isnt pvp he is talking about. GS is meta for condi builds in pve. In pvp i would argue scepter and staff are still taken over GS in a condi build.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

camping greatsword is our highest power dps build

only below 50%. axe was buffed so above 50% you swap between axe&shroud and gs

Really? What’s the rotation/setup? I did try a few post buff, but still found camping gs best. Though I’ve never been one for perfect rotations.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Farbstoff likes to minmax, grind and theorycraft the necro rotations, this channel is the go-to for all top dps rotas as of today

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Farbstoff likes to minmax, grind and theorycraft the necro rotations, this channel is the go-to for all top dps rotas as of today

Average dps at 22k and peak at 24k… I can’t help but feel a little depressed when seeing this…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

24k dps isnt “peak”, it’s THE total average dps. the numbers leading to that is the dps before gravedigger spam, not “average” dps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Sooooo. Power reaper with wells but no blood magic? And with axe, but no axe trait? Pardon me if I doubt this “benchmark”. Maybe I don’t know something, but build looks like garbage.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Sooooo. Power reaper with wells but no blood magic? And with axe, but no axe trait? Pardon me if I doubt this “benchmark”. Maybe I don’t know something, but build looks like garbage.

im sorry to break it to you but it’s option two – you don’t know something.
soul reaping has 5% dmg modifier and it gives similar numbers to blood magic

another thing you dont know is axe trait was actually slotted, you can know it by looking on cooldowns so please fact-check next time you post lies

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Glad to see Deathly Chill is still our highest dps 3rd reaper trait /s

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Soul Reaping > Blood Magic

Wells are the go to utility for power reaper, the blood line increase wells damage by 20% + leech damage, plus a ridiculous party leeching buff, while Soul Reaping increase all the damage by 5% (over 50% life force), reduce shroud’s cooldown and skills plus give to AA burning.

The damage from Chill of death isn’t so great, it’s picked only for Deathly Chill?

Ps. I have heard that the character pannel don’t show 1% of crit chance, it’s true?
I think that shroud’s ferocity can be useful in a power build, we are using Souls Spiral on CD after all, and the AA to fill the weapon swap recharge time.
It’s a good option or.. it’s a trap?
I’m runnig full berserker, but I think that a better option it’s possible.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

reaper’s onslaught is trash, dont use it

in Necromancer

killfil.3472

So to come back to main topic, Would it be Ok if it had a 3 sec ICD but could be triggered on multiple targets on a single tic?

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

ummm… but thats how it currently works, wtf

in Necromancer

killfil.3472

ummm… but thats how it currently works, wtf

I fear not, I cant affect multuiple models with a single tic

Edit : Holy frack I’m an idiot… FORGET ALL I SAID

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

So to come back to main topic, Would it be Ok if it had a 3 sec ICD but could be triggered on multiple targets on a single tic?

Chilling Darkness does trigger on a single tick skill like Nightfall, Death’s Charge or Well of Darkness, but not on Deathly Swarm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Considering I’m using the same buffs but im missing about 100 power due to food and infusions, only 2/18 because I am lazy, and I match/slightly beat this dps with blood/SR simply by using auto attacks with GS and dropping wells and nightfall at the right time and then grave digger spam below 50% i wouldnt say its incredibly efficient for how comparatively complex this rotation is.

I suppose that video was more a “Hey axe can be used” rather than anything super serious.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

feel free to drop a video confirming these claims, otherwise your credibility is low and i dont really believe you.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

feel free to drop a video confirming these claims, otherwise your credibility is low and i dont really believe you.

How about you test it for yourself. I didnt believe the video so i did just that. 24.3k all you do is camp GS, use 4 and your 2 wells off cooldown but always complete your auto attack chain before performing your next action. Its that simple. You should get 3 auto attack chains per grave digger above 50%. Also with grave digger you need to make sure you get the auto attack cancel so you can spam it faster and try and stand in your target to get the most from leeching bolts. Not only is the rotation easier compared but from results it equal to higher damage and isnt field dependant.

As a side note: I went and bought the soup and the sharpening stone and it rose to about 25k on average, still missing about 80 power from infusions so 25.5~26k should be possible. Also the difference between blood and SR for me is extremely minimal to the point of around 100 dps for me. In a party scenario blood would result in overall more damage.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

i actually did test it myself long before this thread was made. if you are getting these numbers it means you’re not using the same buff setup or you’re cheating with night sigil/writ of strength. so again, i am believable and you are not.

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

i actually did test it myself long before this thread was made. if you are getting these numbers it means you’re not using the same buff setup or you’re cheating with night sigil/writ of strength. so again, i am believable and you are not.

a) no need to be so hostile.
b) what recording software do you use? I never recorded my gameplay before.

Here are a few differences between my rotation and yours. Very very minor though.I can guarantee you it’s just standard stuff. I’ll prove it as soon as I know what’s good to record with.

Do I get a prize if I prove myself correct?

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

im not hostile.
i recorded with overwolf

nope you dont get a prize, you get to prove your point. make sure to show sigils and food though

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

im not hostile.
i recorded with overwolf

nope you dont get a prize, you get to prove your point. make sure to show sigils and food though

I’m just playing dude. I’ll do it some time in the next day or two. Will show sigils, good and also gear so you can see I’m lack power infusions.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Back to the original topic.

Controversial idea incoming:
Revert Chilling Darkness nerf, so it no longer has an ICD.
Change functionality of Well of Darkness by removing the blind (gasp!), adding a (3.0) damage modifier and adding projectile block.
Reason why?
If they did buff Chilling Darkness by removing the icd, this would just make Well of Darkness into another pure condi spam skill. Removing the blind and adding damage/projectile block would cement it as a useful power skill, that could replace Well of Corruption and add a power alternative to corrosive poison cloud.

So both power and condi necro could be buffed without infringing too much on the other.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

no thanks, blinds are useful on power too

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Core skills will probably be tweaked for the upcoming expac as the game developers check for interactions between core traits and the new elite trait line.

They have to review core traits, anyway, so that is the best chance you have for Chilling Darkness changes but do not expect a change that benefits Reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Change functionality of Well of Darkness by removing the blind (gasp!), adding a (3.0) damage modifier and adding projectile block.
Reason why?
If they did buff Chilling Darkness by removing the icd, this would just make Well of Darkness into another pure condi spam skill. Removing the blind and adding damage/projectile block would cement it as a useful power skill, that could replace Well of Corruption and add a power alternative to corrosive poison cloud.

So both power and condi necro could be buffed without infringing too much on the other.

I really doubt it would hurt anybody if well of darkness did the same damage as well of corruption. I also dont think that removing the ICD of chilling darkness would be that OP. The only really critical skill is well of darkness, and even then its a pulsing field you can easily dodge out of in pvp scenarios, and it would maybe help with the dps on PVE condi builds. I cant tell if the added damage of the well would be a net dps increase over the 180 power from signet of spite though.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Reason why?

I really doubt it would hurt anybody if well of darkness did the same damage as well of corruption. I also dont think that removing the ICD of chilling darkness would be that OP. The only really critical skill is well of darkness, and even then its a pulsing field you can easily dodge out of in pvp scenarios, and it would maybe help with the dps on PVE condi builds. I cant tell if the added damage of the well would be a net dps increase over the 180 power from signet of spite though.

It was because of thee Well of Darkness/Chilling Darkness/Bitter Chill combo that Anet nerfed Chilling Darkness to begin with. And that was before they introduced Reaper and Deathly Chill. So I doubt they’d revert the nerf now. Thus my suggestion.

Sig of Spite would always be better though, since it effects all damage you do.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Its not about the damage itself but rather the utility of having your target under effects of chill.

The thing is, I would love to have an actually useful well of darkness, in its current state it is a useless skill in light of other things I can slot.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF