Chilling Nova Nerfed

Chilling Nova Nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

It appears this trait only procs once every 15 seconds now. Seems a bit unjustified to me, and honestly not worth taking now. Is an extra 3 seconds of chill every 15 seconds really worth it? It doesn’t deal much damage either. I don’t see why they made it not proc up to 3 times before having to wait for the ICD.

On a side note, GS deals too little damage for how slow it is.

Jesusmancer

(edited by The Wizland.8435)

Chilling Nova Nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Chilling Nova’s original incarnation was quite strong when combined with Bitter Chill. It was going to get a nerf eventually, but I do think it was drastically overnerfed.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Chilling Nova Nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can you verify that the wiki coefficients for GS and Shroud skills are correct?

Chilling Nova Nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Chilling Nova’s original incarnation was quite strong when combined with Bitter Chill. It was going to get a nerf eventually, but I do think it was drastically overnerfed.

Yea. I think it would’ve been fine on a once per 5 second ICD or thrice per 15 second ICD. It was a bit strong before, but it’s too weak now. Bitter Chill got nerfed to only 3 vuln anyway.

Can you verify that the wiki coefficients for GS and Shroud skills are correct?

Unfortunately I’m not that good at figuring out that stuff, you’ll have to have someone else help you. Sorry.

Jesusmancer

Chilling Nova Nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

At this point they should remake it into a different trait. There is nothing exciting about this on a 15 second cooldown, and it’s one of the weakest traits in the game too.

Chilling Nova Nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Compare it to Glacial Heart.