Class Q&A build and abilities

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Question:Is Ritual of life worth using?
Question:What about life from death?
Skill question:Is well of blood worth using?

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

These traits all come from Blood Magic which has two things going for it: It makes a reasonably tanky class even more so, and it contains most of our party support by way of heals, revives, and life steal sharing. So if you are in a group, it’s a great way to be a non-selfish player, but it also depends on who else is along for the party. If you have a druid, then I wouldn’t worry about ritual of life or well of blood too much. Life from death can still be useful but I feel like there are better choices in that set of traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

yes if you’re playing party in literally any content that can be considered dangerous (or people are just getting downed), yes if you are playing revive bot, not really no. in that order.

RoL is pretty darn good to pick people up, stacking that with life from death you can give people a spike of hp from just flashing shroud after you revive them making you an interesting revive bot if you choose that route. Not to mention you can teleport downed players to you with shroud 4 making your revive bot status all that much better. Also, keep in mind that when using blood magic you gain healing power based on how low your hp is… So your heals are much stronger than they would be. Life from death has a 1.5 scaling for example, so a shroud flash with 50% hp will heal 1197. Not too shabby for no stat investments and an aoe heal. And then there’s the 5% revive you gain which if I’m not mistaken does NOT scale with healing power— though it is still there and worth considering.

Well of blood is not very good though. At least, not on its own. If you have the well trait it gives protection and has a shorter cooldown making it a bit better on the whole… but 90% of the time you want bloodfiend. If you don’t take BF, you’re taking either signet of vampirism or reaper heal. Maybe consume condi if you’re playing some sort of condi catching martyr build or just otherwise eating a heck of a lot of condi.
Or doing something with corruptions to get a stronger spike heal from your self condis combined with consume condition.

Honestly, there’s few truely useless skills thanks to necromancer’s intense synergies with its own skills and traits.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Ritual of Life: Yes. It’s a free heal if your friend goes down with added bonuses if you are spec’d for wells.

Life from Death: Overshadowed by 2 better traits (or as I call it, the Soul Eater effect).

Well of Blood: Again, out paced by better heals. It was the original necro party heal skill but was completely blown out of the water by Signet of Vampirism.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.