Cleaving

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hello,

I run alot of dungeons and I enjoy playing necro. However I never play dungeons on my necro because they are lower dps.
Now my suggestion is to increase the range of dagger AA to about 1kitten
otic slash: Make the cutting lines bigger and cleaving.
Nerotic stab: Make it pierce in a straight line.
Nerotic Bite: Make its a very small blast that hits enemies in a 130 radius of the enemy you are hitting.

Whatdo you think?

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Dont touch dagger……….

The only weapon i can see with cleave is axe, and that would just be the auto attack
And necros have alot of aoe so cleave isnt truely needed it would just be nice.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

The V.8759

What would you suggest for axe cleaving? I’m getting interested.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

They could have the axe auto be like engi pistol auto, it “explodes” and damages those in a small radius around your target.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Cleaving

in Necromancer

alamore.1974

Thats not a bad idea.
Or make it like a chain attack hits target jumps to target withing some odd range.
Hits them then jumps.. and so on.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Hmmm… Necro dps is low in dungeons? Since when?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necros do not have low dagger DPS in dungeons, the issue is the lack of cleave DPS/lack of utility and team buffs.

Dagger is completely fine, if you want to add cleave then I suggest it gets added on a new weapon set (MH sword or GS). Axe could also use cleave but it would always be weaker as an overall DPS weapon because of its range.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mickk.6875

Mickk.6875

When I first tried out different professions I used to think that the lack of cleave on Dagger was hurting us. Now that I’ve delved deeper into them I really appreciate the weapon though. That the melee dagger (for both Thief and Necromancer) deals the most damage without cleave is good design. That melee cleave is oh-so-important in high-level PvE but not everyone has access to it may not be, but I don’t think putting cleave everywhere is a nice solution.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

The V.8759

Very good arguements against it and you got me guys.

Necros do not have low dagger DPS in dungeons, the issue is the lack of cleave DPS/lack of utility and team buffs.

Dagger is completely fine, if you want to add cleave then I suggest it gets added on a new weapon set (MH sword or GS). Axe could also use cleave but it would always be weaker as an overall DPS weapon because of its range.

The necromancer does indeed miss lot of utility. Like ele is used for FGS, warrior DPS, engi combo fields+vuln, guardian for boons and mesmer for TW. (For example).
I taught the problem would be solved by buffing cleave. getting to change my mind by that.
It feels for me that necromancer cannot provide anything very useful in dungeons. Any1 suggestions?

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes, we desperately need new weapons. The issue is that we have no good support weapons right now of any kind (staff is awful), no cleave weapon, etc. (we lack a lot of necessary weapon archetypes). And frankly weapons are the best way to introduce new playstyles.

My PvP Minion Build

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Lack of cleave can hurt, but the amount of aoe necro has makes up for it.
Sadly the 35s base CD on Well of Suffering is a pain, especially when a Ele can keep up Lava font almost permanently while throwing out Fireballs and the rest of the team cleaves by default.

#givenecrogreatsword2014

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Our aoe is also rather inferior because its pulse based. Whereas aoes like eles meteor shower and ice storm can hit a single hit box multiple times. Wells wont do this, so they dont really act like aoe on single targets. Which is a real shame. Cleave would definately bring necro up in terms of dungeon viability, but they will never be used in speedruns unless they get something special in terms of utility or team buffing.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

A new utility skill that allows you to wield a scythe for a certain duration would make necros more viable. The scythe could cleave and inflict bleeding and/or Chilled on all enemies hit.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Again, just give us new weapons. Literally all of our problems as far as “we can’t do this because we don’t have the skillset” could be fixed with weapons. Wouldn’t fix all of our problems, but it would fix a lot.

My PvP Minion Build

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Damaein.6413

Damaein.6413

Just change staff #1 to not be ranged. I don’t really like it being ranged anyway. Your #2 skill promotes being in melee range and the travel speed of the projectile sucks and its a clunky animation to begin with. It would differentiate lifeblast so it didn’t feel so copy pasted as well. Staff is meant for utility so make it melee utility.

Chain#1 (Reap): Cleave enemies in front of you
Chain#2 (Harvest): Cleave enemies in front of you and generate 1% LF per enemy hit
Chain#3 (Condemn): Intensify or elongate all conditions on the target by 1 stack or 1 second depending on how they stack (Bleeds, vulnerability, etc)

This would give party synergy, LF regen, and cleave. Don’t make it hit as hard as say dagger, but give it balanced damage. For animations, doing some awesome spinning whirling scythe moves would be advised.

(edited by Damaein.6413)

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Changing staff 1 is an awful choice.

If we want a cleaving damage weapon, just give us sword/greatsword.

My PvP Minion Build

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Damaein.6413

You can’t just add 1 weapon to one class. They would have to add at least one to every class. You really want to give warriors another weapon….Think things through. If you want relative string something needs to be changed or buffed. Adding is not the proper way to scale a MMO ever. Just leads to more and more crap that is unrefined/unbalanced. That’s why it has taken this long just to add the XIII GM traits. New weapons would be fun but we will surely get the short end compared to the favored classes.

And per chance how often do you use staff #1 really. Basically while you wait for DS or weapons swap to come back after doing the staff rotation.

(edited by Damaein.6413)

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

And per chance how often do you use staff #1 really. Basically while you wait for DS or weapons swap to come back after doing the staff rotation.

I use it more often than axe auto…

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Damaein.6413

Let’s compare one kitten skill to another to convince us that it is ok. Guardian Staff 1 OP

Cleaving

in Necromancer

alamore.1974

You can’t just add 1 weapon to one class. They would have to add at least one to every class. You really want to give warriors another weapon….Think things through. If you want relative string something needs to be changed or buffed. Adding is not the proper way to scale a MMO ever. Just leads to more and more crap that is unrefined/unbalanced. That’s why it has taken this long just to add the XIII GM traits. New weapons would be fun but we will surely get the short end compared to the favored classes.

Yes i wouldnt mind if warrior.got dagger. Not at all.

I dont use staff i use axe/focus/dagger
So ya i auto attack while i wait for.cooldowns.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

There is no way that Necromancers will be able to cover every single build archetype with 4 weapons, ever. Staff would be an absolutely god awful melee weapon, not to mention you’d be completely screwing over a bunch of build types just because you want cleave.

They simply don’t have enough in the game as it is now to last. 40 skills + 4 weapons cannot last an MMO very long, frankly its already boring me heavily.

My PvP Minion Build

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Two hand axe and warriors can get it too.
We can be less sucky, they can be still an anti-fail class.
Win-win.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Damaein.6413

How about combining the awful Spiteful Marks trait with one of the other staff traits. Make a new trait that increases the travel speed of Necrotic blast, life blast, deathly claws and makes them deal like 25% aoe to every target hit (piercing a large clustered group would compound to a lot of damage). It wouldn’t be a true cleave but it would fit the thematic better and keep in tact anything you already had going.

And while the aoe wouldn’t be that efficient if you clear things normally, in speed runs where you are grouping and stacking etc it will clearly work (it is in this place where we are seen as lackluster anyway.)

Like I said before they will have to add weapons to everybody if they add to one and I’m not sure they want to do that for just this purpose.

(edited by Damaein.6413)

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

And thats what they will do. I was kind of hoping for new weapons with the feature patch. Instead we got a load of grandmasters which are pretty much useless in pve (for every class). I can only hope new weapons is the next thing on the list. Utilities would be good aswell, but the classes will continue to become more and more stale until they give more weapon options to every class.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Dont touch dagger……….

The only weapon i can see with cleave is axe, and that would just be the auto attack
And necros have alot of aoe so cleave isnt truely needed it would just be nice.

I like this idea as well: The Axe AA is boring. Making it a fairly interesting attack-chain with some cleave thrown in there would be great!

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Don’t mess with current weapons. Add new ones. Search the f- Oh, yeah… Right.

Cleaving

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Don’t mess with current weapons. Add new ones. Search the f- Oh, yeah… Right.

You can search the forums… on google.

My PvP Minion Build