CoE p2

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Stick with problem – my endurance regen is not enough to dodge every Subject cast, before i did it only with my war, who have additional dodge (ww attack). And not really know what to do. Maybe i can consume one attack with DS bar?

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Stick with problem – my endurance regen is not enough to dodge every Subject cast, before i did it only with my war, who have additional dodge (ww attack). And not really know what to do. Maybe i can consume one attack with DS bar?

have you tried having a weap set just for coe/arah? with sigil of energy on both swap

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Nope, since they changed DS we can’t use it as a block. Were simply behind other class’s now after a 30sec fight. (Main reason were asked by nice groups to sit out boss fights, or simply kicked from groups)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew

Helps a little.

CoE p2

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Nope, since they changed DS we can’t use it as a block. Were simply behind other class’s now after a 30sec fight. (Main reason were asked by nice groups to sit out boss fights, or simply kicked from groups)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew

Helps a little.

Maybe that was a bug, but this aoe on p2 from Subject damage only 50% of DS bar i didn’t even dodge sometimes.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Subject A does 2 types of AoE attacks, one takes you down even with full ds (in ramp gear at least) and the other hits like 30% of your health, max(th dragon fiery tooth/icicle thingy). So keep your dodges for the bigger aoe and your endurance will be just enough for it, the other attack can be avoided by walking only. But yeah it requires focus :P

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

theres also http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Pistol
if you’re a charr

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

CoE p2

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Stack melee and you wont get hit most of the time even without dodges. If the ice thing hits you it will take you to low hp and put bleed on you. DS is more than enough to take it though. You also shouldnt need an energy sigil unless you get really bad RNG on alpha’s attacks. Most of the time your endurance will regen in time, just make sure you dont waste dodges.

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

If COE path 2 is the one with the earth spikes, you basically need to form a circle around alpha and hope he doesn’t decide to constantly spike you.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

If COE path 2 is the one with the earth spikes, you basically need to form a circle around alpha and hope he doesn’t decide to constantly spike you.

theres two paths with earth spikes (teeth of mordremoth)… the two paths that dont have the evolved husk as the mid boss

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Sylvari elite =>Invulnerability

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

I’ve been doing this path for 6 days straight with my necro, and i think its pretty easy. Im using dire/rabid gear, so i do get a lot of defense/vitality. Since DS scales with both vit and toughness as well, i can eat 2 of alpha’s attacks under DS without leaving it. Of course, that gives me 12 stacks of bleed, that i usually just transfer back at him.

Some of the times thought he uses more than 1 AoE in the same spot. Its very tricky to see, because red circles overlap, but i was killed once instantly under full DS (didnt even got downed, really dead) when he used 5 spikes on the same spot. The entire party got wiped in a moment, and it was kinda of a funny moment. But luckly this doenst happens too often.

With a high enough toughness, alpha’s direct damage isnt going to be very high (meaning it needs to hit you 3 times to kill you), and you can consume/transfer your bleeds/burning. If you are using staff, keep using its #2 attack to always have regen on you and your team. I also usually equip Well of Power to have yet another condition removal available.

And lastly, dont waste your dodges. If you are in full hp and have heal available, i sometimes eat it and instantly heal to save my dodges for when i really need it.

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

Also, if you really miss you dodges, you could put a energy sigil to gain endurance on weapon swapping, or even bowl of orrian truffle food

CoE p2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

orrian truffle food, stack on the boss (make sure you turn off collision detection aka- melee assistance so you can actually stand inside him), and continue to push him back until he is against a wall. The earth will sometimes still hit you, but the farther away you are the more damage it does anyway. Close range is the key to this guy.

As for the big hits, you can time it and count down before you dodge (maybe someone who has done it more recently than me can give the count for it, I totally forgot it’s been so long, but I think I always did 1..2..3.. and dodge soon as I finished 3- but not exactly waiting for 4) then immediately run back to stack inside of him. If you do your timings right, even a necro won’t run out of dodges on him (but we now have absolutely ZERO room for error anymore. Since you’re a sylvari, bring the elite for one extra shot should you screw it up, about all I can offer you. Also, pretty sure the earth and ice both bleed you, so bring well of power to flip those bleeds for a small vigor boon (our one and only way to access vigor- you can also bring BiP to bleed yourself then hit it, but I find guardians will cleanse you too quickly to pull it off that way).

Good luck. it takes practice and timing but it can be done and once you get the flow down, he’s a pretty easy boss. I used to rage voer him for so long trust me. I really hate the stacking gimmicks, but I hate one-shot-KO’s more than anything else so I tolerate it.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…