[Comprehensive guide] [Tpvp] Power Necro: People think they suck.. Im here to prove you wrong... *Wall of Txt*

[Comprehensive guide] [Tpvp] Power Necro: People think they suck.. Im here to prove you wrong... *Wall of Txt*

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kindran.1896

Kindran.1896

That’s the thing Tony, I am using it immobilize = dagger3 ability. Every time i go through the chain they can always escape the well area with a roll before the charge hits if I do an auto attack chain before the charge

It is frustrating to say the least hehe. Thank you for the replies and help btw

Death’s Demise shall arise when Life’s Creation Nullifies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tony.2150

Tony.2150

@Kindran.1896

Buddy buddy. You dont need to follow everything i say. What i mean by what i said. Which is difficult to write. So let me make it clear for you. Dark Pact→Drop both wells.→Half way through immobilzation (while auto attacking Doesnt have to be a complete chain, But you will complete 2 chains in said combo maybe more.)→ Flesh Golem Charge→Auto attack

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kindran.1896

Kindran.1896

Ah ok, I was just wondering as I am trying to get the most out of the class that I am loving and was wondering if i was just doing it wrong. Thanks

Death’s Demise shall arise when Life’s Creation Nullifies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Torothin.3271

Torothin.3271

I have been playing your build. it’s the best of the necro builds that I have played with. However with that being said, it doesn’t measure up to the other classes. It’s not your build it’s the overall mechanics or lack there of that the necromancer possesses. This is supposed to be a class that spawns minions and should be built around that. However, it is far from it.

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

However with that being said, it doesn’t measure up to the other classes
You should be able to show those classes up if played correctly

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

what he means is that other classes can do more burst, without requiring melee range, without light armor, without non targetable aoes, and offer more to a team fight. This game is not about 1v1 which is what your entire post is about.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Yea the 1v1 part is the main point of the build. Do you think Im going to tell you all of the tricks of the trade…no. So when I team fight there’s a bunch of different things
goin on that I don’t explain in this guide, and what circumstance to other said burst class brings to the fight. They are all single target burst so if you would gladly be more descriptive next time you come on here assuming things that would be helpful to your side. Thieves offer no utility to team fights besides an aoe stealth and single target dmg. Warriors bring only burst/(maybe war banner)/ and a stability stomp. Dmg eked bring single target burst and support eles bring heals. Meanders bring chaos storm and single target burst/Moa bird/time warp. Guardans bring knock backs/heals/utility at the cost of burst. Engineers either bring tankyness/single-target burst/ape knock back. Rangers bring single target burst/condition dmg. And for necros they bring conditions/aoe burst/ single target burst/ fear/boon removal. So what exactly am I missing here.
Bunkers are bunkers and a tank spec necro can bunker. So please be more descriptive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Geoff.6397

Geoff.6397

Hey! I like the build. I totaly disaprove Conditiomancer playstyle and it’s refreshing to test something new. Im definitely not what we could call a good pvp player. I’ve tested it in tPvP and I suprisingly find playing against Conditiomancer in a teamfight environment pretty hard. How would you play against them?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Razenove.8230

Razenove.8230

Haven’t really done any tPvP yet, but have been trying this out in sPvP (with a couple of tweaks to Major Trait choices) and found I prefer it to Conditionmancer. Still getting used to the change in play-style, but overall finding it fun and feeling myself make more of an impact on the enemy team with the damage pressure.

Only issues I’ve had so far are the aforementioned sketchy AI on Flesh Golem, the probably-too-long cooldown on Spectral Armour, and a whole host of problems in Capricorn (can’t use Wells or Flesh Golem underwater) which aren’t a concern so far in tPvP.

Really the only thing I miss from Conditionmancer is the tankiness of Plague when defending a point. But then given as delaying tactics aren’t great in sPvP with little co-ordination, probably not a huge loss. Definitely worth a go for anyone looking for a change of pace, and, for the optimistic, a chance to practice before we get our fixes and builds like this can be more readily “accepted.”

in Necromancer

Sprawl.3891

Yea the 1v1 part is the main point of the build. Do you think Im going to tell you all of the tricks of the trade…no. So when I team fight there’s a bunch of different things
goin on that I don’t explain in this guide, and what circumstance to other said burst class brings to the fight. They are all single target burst so if you would gladly be more descriptive next time you come on here assuming things that would be helpful to your side. Thieves offer no utility to team fights besides an aoe stealth and single target dmg. Warriors bring only burst/(maybe war banner)/ and a stability stomp. Dmg eked bring single target burst and support eles bring heals. Meanders bring chaos storm and single target burst/Moa bird/time warp. Guardans bring knock backs/heals/utility at the cost of burst. Engineers either bring tankyness/single-target burst/ape knock back. Rangers bring single target burst/condition dmg. And for necros they bring conditions/aoe burst/ single target burst/ fear/boon removal. So what exactly am I missing here.
Bunkers are bunkers and a tank spec necro can bunker. So please be more descriptive

Thief utility is their speed and burst. They can steal mobs better than any other class and solo cap better than any other class. You’re only role in that build is to sit off by yourself and solo defend a point and you dont even do that well as you can’t even keep someone off the point. A thief has the speed to help at a mid point and return to defend an outer point in time, necro doesn’t. Warriors bring huge aoe burst, cc and stability, what do you bring? single target average at best dps that requires the target to stand in ground circles that aren’t ground targeted, while being susceptible to cc, no stability and limited ability to lock down target.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Good build, I tried something like this, I went 20 in precision thou for the critical chance n something else, with axe 30%chance to vuln if critical. I went 20/20/0/0/30. Did around 10k damage with life transfer to each player and 1.5k-3.2k with each life blast. Still tweaking around but I can see the potential.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

“Thief utility is their speed and burst. They can steal mobs better than any other class and solo cap better than any other class. You’re only role in that build is to sit off by yourself and solo defend a point and you dont even do that well as you can’t even keep someone off the point. A thief has the speed to help at a mid point and return to defend an outer point in time, necro doesn’t. Warriors bring huge aoe burst, cc and stability, what do you bring? single target average at best dps that requires the target to stand in ground circles that aren’t ground targeted, while being susceptible to cc, no stability and limited ability to lock down target.”

You sir dont simply understand. You think this build holds points?……. Yeah matter fact i hold The agressive point A.k.A There point. ANd yea thief has mobility, and i dont. But though mobility is good i have a 10 sec Swift buff as well. Thief is best node taker mykitten Ive had plenty of “good” thieves. And when i mean good i mean good. Try to ttake their node back from me and i end up on top. Pffft single target dps? Why the heck are u not reading all of what i say. ANd just point out one thing. Wells are aoe dmg. So when i fight at a mid-point I watch the fight carefully, If a focus is out of place switch targets, If a maority of there team is melee. I well on node and life transfer. PLease you just dont know what your doing. Coming here backing up thief likes it s your main class. And if it is. You should probably get off this forum.
lol Yes they can steal but a good team can easisly just send me ( matter in fact anyone) to stop a steal. Not everyone is a baddie. But to your coordination they are. To get a steal you have to walk the back side of Mine/henge. Really easy to see comign with a turn of the camera. And all it does is delay the buff. Huge aoe burst? 100 blades aoe burst? when did that happen….
I dont neeed to lock-down anyone for necros only have 2-3 cc options. A well played necro utilizes things well. Which you simply just dont understand.
Maybe ill see you in a tourney and prove you wrong otherwise, i wish i could stream on my laptop so you could see. But till then i dont want to read it.

Thieves have medium armor.. IF i posted my Dmg out put on medium golem. I would instantly get hated on. For one combo hits for 25k. Insta gib thief.

(edited by Tony.2150)

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

And So according to you a thieves burst is getting in the fight and tis part of their utility. What about their squishyness…? For example. They send what 4 players to mid. and ones a thief. How is he gonna do anything if i well on the target YOU are focusing . and blind /chill you?? make any sense. Maybe not because you’d probably be dead by than. Saying “wtf happend. Oh i must have been lagging.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

You can’t use two on crit chance procs.

Dagger damage is awful and offers no real burst ability, just auto attacks.
Axe is in the same boat.

If you’re going to go wells, then at least get Well of Darkness, as it’s the best well in the game.

But overall you offer less than another burst DPS class. An Ele for example can do more AoE burst easier, their times come up sooner, offer control, offer heals, and are highly mobile with ride the lightning.

A S/P thief isn’t squishy. No melee class can 1v1 them due to black powder. No to mention they get a free teleport, immobolize, stunbreak with the sword. Most have 22k hp.

Necro isn’t a real class. The developer will have to completely remake it from the ground up.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Read the rest of the Thread please. Weapon sigils have been changed. Well of darkness yes it is a good well. But offers no damage/Boon removal. Only blinds. They are squishy when they want to nuke you. Its not hard to roll away form black powder so everything isnt missed. Thieves are tough opponents. And it all depends on what they bring and what they utilize in there stats ( power/toughness/hp/crit etc..). Everyclass has a stun break. And its honestly not hard to beat a thief/get him off you when hes bursting.
AS for Eles.. Yeah they burst but can also be nuked really quick. And yes i have versed good eles. But There burst is down all they can do is heal and if you read the overlook. What attunement they are in is the key thing To look for. But it comes down to whose the better player.
Necros offer control. Necro can offer heals (if traited of course Not saying its a as good as an ele). And if a ele wants to do something other than Burst heal hes got to bring a staff.

And to your last comment. Just shame on you. Yes there are bugs and traits are messed up and AI. But that doesnt mean a total remake. Even though some say necros are fighting an “uphill battle” I have no problem in tourneys.

Maybe you do, Maybe you dont. I utilize my class very well. And im not just some thief spamming Pistol whip or deathblossom or even heartseeker. Utilizing skills in team fights are key. For Ex. ele goes in to burst, some one stun breaks and dodges. Then You could switch focus to ele, wait till he pops mist switch to another, and when mist is down insta gib. Eles only have 14k helath or so including light armor. So they are a very good dps/supp class, But a proper team can put an end to that.

in Necromancer

Daays.4317

Control? What control?

Where’s the stun? Daze? Knockdown/back?
A hammer warrior has 5.
A thief has two.
An ele has two.
A mesmer has two.

Your build brings no control.

You also bring no damage mitigation with the minion elite. While all other classes bring this.

You can sit here and theory craft all day, but the point is this. If you wanna talk about dodging burst abilities, then a well necro is the worst class in this department because of the CD and the lack of any damage outside the wells.

Dodging a pistol whip, ele burst, warrior stuns, etc. doesn’t hurt them too much when they’re spammable or on 10-20 second CD’s. Dodging a well necro means no significant burst damage for 48 seconds.

Which goes back to my point. Why bring a well necro with high burst DPS every 48 seconds, no control, and no mobility when other classes have the the same/slightly less DPS, but all those things.

The necro isn’t a real class. The lack of those key abilities and the massive amount of bugs with almost every skill makes it clear the developer made the class in a day.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Lmao as i said in post this is not theory craft. and for controlI actually have 3
1 DS fear
1 Minion charge that can knock down Everybody thats in line
1 Fear when i start to revive.
So what about no control?
AS well as immobilzation blind/Chill – not so much control but good aspects of controlling 1 target.
Damage Mitigation? IS this a tank build? I think not. I dont need plague.

And actually its 36 Sec cd :P. You obvisouly dont read thouroughly enough.
Really i miss burst than im on cd… ERRRRRRRRR Wrong.
I utilize my spells correctly, I miss a burst oh well sit on wells till they go away -5 seconds gone. Fear enemy class away 1-sec
Weapon Swap To a chill -6 sec of kiting
Cripple with unholy feast – 5 sec cripple kitting.
-DS to Sorb till either heal is back or To chill again- thats nother 5 sec
Weapon swap by this time dark pact is up *4 sec immobilze
Blind- 1-3 sec
Ds should be back up in a few seconds – so 1-2 sec down time of running/rolling
Fear – 1s
Well cd backup.

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Thats for melee classes for as ranged it would be different/ But since the topic of thieves and warrior is up might as well keep it that way. right?

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Utilize your class. And Btw dont come on someones Guide hating. I dont Find what you post if you post anything and instantly start bashing.
And as a fellow necro all i have to say to you is…. Why you so mad bro?

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

And if you read correctly. Its not like im just dropping my wells on the ground saying HAR HAR HAR come into my wells, I actual use a combo that locks you in before unless insta cast remove conditions you can cast a condition removal. (with knockdown of charge) so My burst for me WHO HAS UTILIZED IT CORRECTLY. I rarely miss and if i do, its to warrior traited in Tactics, or a guard with insta condition removal/ Mesmer tele/engi condition remov. BUt i usual do a good job at stopping that because i know what their classes can do.

in Necromancer

Daays.4317

When someone goes down expect stability stomp. So that fear really isn’t too useful. Not to mention a thief can aoe stealth while your team resses. And it’s on the same cooldown as the res/fear.
Everyone that’s in a line? Awesome. Everyone line up! While other classes bring an AoE.
DS fear is your only control ability. Then again, any necro spec has access to this.

Control effects aren’t chills/cripple. Those are conditions. Control effects are haste, knockdowns, knockbacks, stuns, dazes, stealth, etc. Take a look at gw2skills. They will break it out for you.

Damage mitigation is about blinds/protection/weakness. Things for your team to use to their advantage. A S/P thief makes those 100b warriors and other PW thieves a joke. Just drop a Black Powder and the 100b damage is cut in half. Toss a weakness on them and a warrior just used Two major cooldowns to do about 3-4k damage. Protection cuts that down every further.

No protection for your team. No blinds. Considering DD is the current meta-game, you’re bringing very little to stop this.

But here’s the real joke. Utility skills actually bring utility for other classes.
Necro utility skills bring damage. Makes sense right?

Point is that right now, there is no reason to bring a burst necro, because while their damage is good, they offer nothing else. The only role a necro can semi-fill is the team fight support role, because plague form blind/well of darkness decimates any burst attempt on your team and boon removal really destroys those support guardians.

edit: sorry D/D has weakness.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

I said controlling 1 person. Too bad it seems you have no understanding to what that means. Control and controlling is 2 different things.

So your a thief? why are you on Necro thread?

and for everybody lining up? Its called positioning.. idiot…..
To utilize it to the full potential i will always try to hit 2+ with charge. Yes Necros have no stability stomp.. Tisk tisk Factors we have to deal with.

Utility skills bring combo fields. To bad necros do not many finishers.

So whats your beef?

This is a guide thats Tpvp viable out side of condition. So whats your beef? Please your annoyingness is intrueging really. Why the beef?

And To sword Pistol thief… Thats PW …… lmao.

yeah said the Crossfire ranger that i sincerely Destroyed said LOL you use daggers. He came back and got owned again. Your either here just because your depressed or you dont play a necro and you just wanna laug hat them. Whats your in-Game name.. SO i will remember when i beat you with my D/D

in Necromancer

Daays.4317

I multi-class every class.

I have about 40+ hours on necro. It’s a fun class. When you win, you win because you seriously outplayed somebody.

But the class is a joke compared to others. Hell, over 50% of all abilities do not even function properly.

Point is that this spec for tPvP isn’t good because the role you’re filling, the damage dealer/support DPS, is better played by every other class, mainly because those other classes bring more than just burst.

If you are going to play the support DPS role, better off playing as a condition spec, with plague form/well of darkness to stop the DD burst and bleeds to destroy their support guardian.

in Necromancer

Sprawl.3891

it’s hard arguing with people who only play ONE class

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corky.9743

Corky.9743

Tony,

I’ve enjoyed reading your guide and using your build has been a fun change of pace in sPvP. I’ve definitely learned a lot.

If I can make a recommendation though: asking people if they “mad” or calling them idiots does not help your credibility at all. You’ve had some good counter-arguments to be made, but when you mix them up with attacks on people personally or calling them out on not playing a necro…well it definitely hurts your case.

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

@Corky.9743

yeah i know sorry bout that. But “Everyone that’s in a line? Awesome. Everyone line up!” is indirectly calling me and idiot. So i decided to say it directly back towards that statement.
So let me continue my Counter arguements since im not in rush to attend my class on time.
@Sprawl.3891
Dont think i play more than one class? my main use to be a Warrior, but 100 blades just isnt my style
Ive played thief, not my style simply because #1 its not my wanted playstyle, #2 just didnt like the initiative style/mechanic.
Ive played Engi, But Again stated above not my style.

@Daays.4317
Where does support Dps come from. Thats conditionmancer.
2ndly The burst that I use can easily lock/takedown focus/ Holding points for a logner period of time.
To your earlier combat of stability stomp. Nothing a quick spinal shiver to Ds fear doesnt stop. AS well as i place wells on my teammates as there down to get rid of Such conditions as Stability and protection/, So My cc isnt ineffective.
IM pretty sure all of the abilities work… Some indeed though dont do as tooltip says it does, But still work. Just traits dont.
So if you multi class every class arent you missing 2? or do u have 2 + character slots?
IF i wanted to supportdps i would role ele because Support ele ofers Decent damage/ And as well as great healing potential.
To addition to a post i put on another thread which i believe sprawl stopped responding to. I fill A power/crit Role in my team in TPVP, We bring a condition thief, toughnesss/power/Crit Mesmser, Roaming ele, tanky/healing power Engi, And me The only Full power/crit on the team. And on my other team we bring tank/damage Guard mostly defensive, Super Tank engi medkit /toughness Roaming Power/crit Ele, and depending on other teams composition to Warbanner/cc War to Condition Ranger. My spot Fills in well with both teams due to blast/projectile finshers. AS well as Ele field stackign might. Its not just the fact that I’m Full poewr, But i do bring alot to the field. As such as Me and Super tanky engi can 2v4, Not being able to stomp one of course, But to atleast hoold node long enough under focused fire till team comes, And put them at decently low health.
So my Spec is implimented to my team, If we probably didnt have the guard i would run conditionmancer, BUT that is not the case.

So seeing that i Reply fully to your response, Reply to my questions asked Would be much ablidged, AS i see you do, But i would prefer this not to be on my guide Thread. For it is not For people to come and hate on. WE could gladly Start another Thread to Continue this. BUT i didnt ask for your Negative criticism in the entire build post.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemiros.3590

Nemiros.3590

i have one small question. how important are the wells in this build? i understand theyre traited and they do significant dmg, but their long CD and short duration seem like a really big inconvenient. ill prob do something like this, jsut without the wells

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Its used as Burst As said wanting to lock down target/Hold node. Main source of Burst.
But not damage, carefully utilizing your transfer/Consume conditions/ Weakness/Chills;BoonRemoval (Spinal Shiver)/Fears/retaliation;Cripple/Vulnerability;Regen, With your auto attack damage/Life Siphon/Ghastly claws Can still make you feared without wells. I dont need Wells to beat Classes It just is a good source of potential burst/Boon Removal. Though you may not want to run it. And i have been Trying other builds without well focused For ie Corrupt boon/Spec Grasp/ Spec walk, Or Sig of power/corrupt Boon/ Well of power. only problem is that you really have no potential burst with these. Just good sustained/Boon removal

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemiros.3590

Nemiros.3590

thx for the tips!

in Necromancer

Daays.4317

One hammer warrior would completely decimate your entire team.

Your team lacks stability, outside the engineer.

The standard setup I see from most serious teams is:

guardian/mesm/thief/ele/engie(war)

All those classes have stuns/knockbacks/blowouts and your team doesn’t really have access to stability, only a few stun breaks after they’re used.

An ele and engi(war) alone can make sure no one gets to move with their knockbacks/downs/stuns. The thief and guardian just add to that.

But maybe yall can make it work. Dunno. Just saying that with most teams going for burst & stuns/knockdowns, playing without stability puts you at an instant disadvantage. If one of your players gets knocked down, your team has no real way to res him outside of the thief’s veil. If you down a player, stomping them in time without stability isn’t going to happen.

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Without Stability?…. Stability Shout? used when 2 people are down? 2 people dropped no prob. than the odds are muc hmore easier. And no hammer warriors cant gib that team. THAT my friend is theory crafting.
The first team posted is still working Comp wise, 2nd team we switch out guildies, but thats the usually comp we run. You dont need masses of stability you only need a few for teamfights, For security of stomp. AS for hammer warriors and eles, Do you know what happens when teammates combo blast inside wells? Area blindness, So pretty much everyone around us is blind/ Will be blind/ Continuesly blind due to combo blasts the team offers. IF your team is well coordinated you can make almost anything work. Though indeed needed a stability stomp is. IM sure soon necros will get one, and more combo finishers seeing as we only have a couple. and really none with our weapon sets. Stability Shout Hits everyone with Stability just incase you didnt know. Plus warrior and engi have there own. But aswell as my team has the same things your talking about “All those classes have stuns/knockbacks/blowouts and your team doesn’t really have access to stability, only a few stun breaks after they’re used.” So that doesnt really make sense. Still dont know why you didnt answer my question
“So if you multi class every class arent you missing 2? or do u have 2 + character slots?”

Edit: And if they dont, Theyre just being mean because we have no Haste spells/ Stability spells. So we can get gibbd by that i do agree, But i do stand by my necro for its the class i have been playing mostly lately. And become fairly good Imo. Most good teams we verse i ususally will end up getting a compliment of how i play my necro.
Edit:edit: ele has mist form Stomp as well.

(edited by Tony.2150)

in Necromancer

Daays.4317

I purchased all character slots.

For your second comp, even if your team downs someone quickly, you have no real way to punish a stabilty res/cloak. Assuming your wells are down and the ele’s abilities are on cooldown and recharging cause you just got a kill, this really only leaves your auto attacks + hammer warrior attacks hitting them.

So it really focuses on downing 2 players at the same time, which is a feat in and of itself for even the best of teams. So if your team can consistently do this, then I’d say more power to you. If not, and you only down one, a team will just res in your face and not take punishment for it.

Also if you’re sending the guardian mid and not on point defense, you’re putting a lot of pressure on him for Stand Your Ground. Do you use it when your team is getting knocked around? For res’ing? For stomping? He’s gotta make some pretty big decisions by himself. One bad call and it could cost you the fight.

Like I said, if you can make it work more power to you. But I see a thief in that situation bringing more to the fight and your team than a well necro.

Keep in mind, this isn’t a personal attack on you as a player. It’s an attack on the class. The class is just poorly designed. You should try playing a thief, as the class scales very well with player skill.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezekeel.2837

Ezekeel.2837

On the list of the most absurd and delusional things I have ever seen this thread comes second closely after ‘Clint Eastwood having a discussion with a chair’.

In my opinion all these great stories about how the OP rulorz with the necro are exactly that – just stories. The lack of video proof that was asked for kinda indicates that.

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

@Ezekeel.2837
Lol cant you read the rest of the posts…… Appearently not.
And if you want to watch me play on a choppy record. Be my guest.
If you respond to this with yes, Then i wil redownload X-split and play choppy and video choppy.. In which meaning id probably get owned in teamfights/1v1s.
SO dont you think i would post a video if i could compared to all this discussion on the class itself.
Read before you come bashing in, Atleast daays has read the thread and posted good arguements for me to argue back. Yours not so much.

@Daays.4317
Understood on the class overall chat.
Thank you for clearing that up. always thought you were attacking me o.O
:P
Well I will usually always save charge for said aoe stealth, for it buys me some more time. I do understand the point you are making. But understanding that 1 man down in a 4v4 changes a lot. Sorry for not a decent sized post. Just got off work and a bit tired. But ill be ready to have some interesting talks with you tomorrow, daays.
Yeah But stlll the thief class just isn’t for me. I really don’t like the implement of Initiative.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

Would you level with it? What would the first 50 points look like and utilities?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

this thread is a comprenhensive guide on why the OP fails, his build fails, and he offers no videos of tourneys against guild premades

the necro is sad, but this power necro build is ridiculous

anyone that considers tournament play, dont even bother wasting a second copying the OP’s build. its hands downkitten and horrible, just like the class

in Necromancer

Posted by: woeye.2753

woeye.2753

Haters will always hate. There’s no point. It’s ok. Go play your FoTM classes and be happy. No point in wasting any word here, really. Yes, the necro has issues. Everyone knows it and by god it has been posted fairly often enough. But please, can you stop bashing. Enough is enough, seriously. Some guys are so close-minded it’s freaking annyoing. But this was to be expected. GW1 was full of egomaniacs and elitism, why not GW2, too.

Go on guys, go on. In the end you’re the ones ruining a game. And when everyone iskitten of and the game is dead thanks to your elitism you simple move on to the next game. Just like locusts.

Sorry, Tony, but these guys really make me nuts

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

@Cempa.3645
Idk maybe its only good for bursting multiple mobs every 48 seconds.
Other wise 1v1 mobs inst a problem
For leveling i do not know much about that because ive been just pvping. Once i get to a decen rank find a decent permanent team other than my guild than i will level and maybe i will post a leveling Guide.
@Konrad Curze.5130
All your posts on this forum are negative all around to each and every thread. whats your problem? just curious And seeing how you dont read WHY I CANT post videos just shows your ignorance.
@woeye.2753
Much appreciated love im use to it now. Theres a couple constant bashers on these forums but its ok i usually just ignore it and continue with the people that are actually worth spending time to write something back.
And again thank you for that post woeye.2753

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

And to everybody that views this forum I will be posting a Rework Thread to Creaters to create a more balanced necro to be compared to other classes.
For example Skills and power ratiots/Damage/Trait fixes. Give it till sunday night/monday for me to post for its a long complicated process of what would balance what. and how it can be compared to other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

Haters will always hate. There’s no point. It’s ok. Go play your FoTM classes and be happy. No point in wasting any word here, really. Yes, the necro has issues. Everyone knows it and by god it has been posted fairly often enough. But please, can you stop bashing. Enough is enough, seriously. Some guys are so close-minded it’s freaking annyoing. But this was to be expected. GW1 was full of egomaniacs and elitism, why not GW2, too.

Go on guys, go on. In the end you’re the ones ruining a game. And when everyone iskitten of and the game is dead thanks to your elitism you simple move on to the next game. Just like locusts.

Sorry, Tony, but these guys really make me nuts

Tony.2150

@woeye.2753
Much appreciated love im use to it now. Theres a couple constant bashers on these forums but its ok i usually just ignore it and continue with the people that are actually worth spending time to write something back.
And again thank you for that post woeye.2753

Nice to see that there are people that understand a class that is terribly broke and can still be viable. Also nice to see that intelligence isn’t completely and 100% lacking on these forums. A suggestion for your guide though Tony, regarding death shroud. Don’t try to balance it around 4 abilities, try to make it something that may be a 4 ability skillbar, but one on which that has multiple choices for the slots, this way abilities can be balanced around multiple necro builds and not just be mostly situation between all the builds.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

Tony! Dont listen to the haters (im sure your not) what works for you and what you find success in is right and will always be right as long as you succeed, I find people are afraid of moving on to new things and experimenting beyond what the majority says is the only thing that works. GW2 was built on the principle that every class can be built to fill whatever role is needed or what you want to play as, people seem to forget this and bash you for being different …. yes some builds really do fail, but if your not failing and others are they automatically scream “FAIL BUILD IS FAIL” but do not realize that they must not be playing the build as well as you are…either way nice build I had the chance to try it out and it does indeed work although im not a huge fan of berzerkers but the damage caused by it is undeniable. Keep doing what you are doing Tony!

P.S. I noticed your on Fort Aspenwood… I am on the same server add me on friends list (Ellisd) we should mess around in structured double necro style some time!

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fundayz.6185

Fundayz.6185

The fact that you have to have above average skill with a Necro to be on par with average skilled players of any other class proves that the Necro does indeed suck.

Suck to the point that they are broken? No
Suck to the point that they are subpar in most PvP situations? Yes

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Nice to see that there are people that understand a class that is terribly broke and can still be viable. Also nice to see that intelligence isn’t completely and 100% lacking on these forums. A suggestion for your guide though Tony, regarding death shroud. Don’t try to balance it around 4 abilities, try to make it something that may be a 4 ability skillbar, but one on which that has multiple choices for the slots, this way abilities can be balanced around multiple necro builds and not just be mostly situation between all the builds.

Well im making a rework Idea to balance necros in the state of pvp right now. My main idea i have for DS is to make it so its on our skill bar and AS well as add a new skill #5 to be a Life force consumer to give Boons such as fury/might/protection
With consuming life force. My idea will look like #5 Force of Power- 0-50% 5 sec buffs of protection/fury/might50-75% 8 sec 75-100% 12 Seconds. So we necros can atleast have some boon stackage going on. Even though i can alreday see people being WHY WOULD U CONSUME LIFE FORCE AT 100%. its because im in a teamfight where i already know im going to get life force and if im not using any why cant i use it for something thats potentially good.

in Necromancer

Sjach Darasv.3729

Well im making a rework Idea to balance necros in the state of pvp right now. My main idea i have for DS is to make it so its on our skill bar and AS well as add a new skill #5 to be a Life force consumer to give Boons such as fury/might/protection
With consuming life force. My idea will look like #5 Force of Power- 0-50% 5 sec buffs of protection/fury/might50-75% 8 sec 75-100% 12 Seconds. So we necros can atleast have some boon stackage going on. Even though i can alreday see people being WHY WOULD U CONSUME LIFE FORCE AT 100%. its because im in a teamfight where i already know im going to get life force and if im not using any why cant i use it for something thats potentially good.

While I agree with the change to actually put the ability onto the utility bar and not have it treated as a down state, a fifth ability doesn’t mean much if there is still no customization of choices. With no customization of choices DS will still be a situational mode where you go in use maybe 2-3 abilities that synergize with your spec from it, and have others that just constantly remain untouched because they don’t work with the build at all. There should be a set of choices, for instance MM right now gets nothing from DS but a health buffer and a fear, same thing with conditionmancer. As a support/tanky necro, that is all I care about from the DS anyways, however, the power build actually benefits from all the abilities in DS as it currently stands, yet to get power we have to build glass cannon so life force drains to fast in comparison to the damage output that can be done in that time frame. Trying to balance the entire mode around 5 abilities when the game is all about playing the playstyle that suits you and you are skilled with, just detracts from that manner and encourages less variation between builds and, what best synergizes with all aspects of our class quirk, instead of, how can I make the class quirk work with the playstyle I enjoy using.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Well To that point, DS is viable in all builds IMO, Why would you want to stack conditions in DS, Though it may be good. But imagine how slow the Condition stack to be. ITs general point is good utility/Sustainability. Nothing else IMO, Maybe some decent Dmg but nothing to over whelming.

in Necromancer

Sjach Darasv.3729

Well To that point, DS is viable in all builds IMO, Why would you want to stack conditions in DS, Though it may be good. But imagine how slow the Condition stack to be. ITs general point is good utility/Sustainability. Nothing else IMO, Maybe some decent Dmg but nothing to over whelming.

The stacking may be slow but as of right now if a conditionmancer goes in DS form they pretty much have to fear and pop out or they lose all of the stacks they are putting up to begin with. IMO even if the stacking is slow and the damage output isn’t extremely high they will at least get a little bit of added survivability without having to worry about losing out on all the stacks of conditions they are building up on the enemies.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Good idea. My new post is coming out Please add under nifty ideas You have my permision. And please give a dettail oriented description of WHY and Reasons behind multiple skillls Ty.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NakedNecro.4378

NakedNecro.4378

Hey tony, thanks for this guide. I love getting up close and personal with my dagger, much more my style then the staff. What’s your preferred traits in the 30/0/0/20/20?