Condi Necro for WvW roaming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iridi.8473

Iridi.8473

Is condition necro viable for WvW roaming? I’ve been using this build (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMaV6ZaKb87JEJFXzzA9w90FQMSRxQMA-jgDBINgYNBCvJZ00CiUBJLDqIasFRRrKKs1XBRvATlKpKWCyeFCy+AKrSBAzaA-e) and i feel like im doing something wrong because its not being very effective as far as damage goes. Then again, i’ve been running into thiefs left and right so cond dmg doesnt even work.

But i wanted some feedback also because i feel like my condition damage is low. I max around 1400 condition damage with 100%+ duration Am i running the right stats for WvW roaming? Are my traits good or can i do better? What about runes and signets? I do have an extra scepter with a +10 condition damage on kill sigil i use to farm stacks. I appreciate any feedback given. Thanks!

Necromancer is the worst class hands down. Wake up Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

A few things:

1. Malice sigils won’t stack with each other. In fact last time I tried that it broke both sigils and I got no benefit at all. So use one or none.

2. Givers’ weapons are a weak choice for duration because you give up around 90 condition damage on a 1her and 180 condition damage on a 2her just for 10% duration. If you are dead set on near 100% to all conditions there are better ways to get there.

For instance you can run nightmare 10%(like you are), 30% in spite, 40% from food, toxic focusing crystals 10%, and just one of the sigils as Malice 6%, and you are at 96%. Then you can use rabid/dire and pick up a lot of damage.

3. Spiteful marks is a weak trait for pretty much all builds, and even weaker for a condition build as your direct damage is really low. Well of suffering is also very weak as you have low power and low crit damage. Also if you skip terror, you give up a lot of burst damage, which is a condi necro strong point.

4. You have taken condition damage as a secondary stat and more healing power than you will likely want. There is nothing wrong with healing power except that it just doesn’t work well with anything we have. All heals are negated by DS, and our scaling on all but our primary heal (and locust signet) is very weak.

To give you a comparison, in a full dire build, if you stack up with 25 corruption, food, guard stacks, the whole deal.. you should end up over 2400 condition damage. And that is with 70% duration to all (potentially 90% to bleeds with hemo). I am sure you can imagine what a big difference 1000 condition damage would make.

5. If you are over 100% duration to all conditions, hemo doesn’t really do anything. Max duration is 100% and anything over that just helps to counteract people running lemongrass and melandru.

in Necromancer

Iridi.8473

To give you a comparison, in a full dire build, if you stack up with 25 corruption, food, guard stacks, the whole deal.. you should end up over 2400 condition damage. And that is with 70% duration to all (potentially 90% to bleeds with hemo). I am sure you can imagine what a big difference 1000 condition damage would make.

I considered going Dire at one point and i think the 2 most used are dire and rabids? What are the benefits of each and is dire better for roaming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I considered going Dire at one point and i think the 2 most used are dire and rabids? What are the benefits of each and is dire better for roaming?

To me it comes down to do you want:

a. A little more damage
b. A lot more survivability

Rabid gives you more procs of barbed precision, and more bleeds, so tends to do more damage, but sacrifices a lot of hit points that you get from Dire. In all cases, Dire can proc your on-crit skills fairly regularly so is hardly an issue in that regard (for dumbfire and say an earth sigil).

I find dire is just safer. There are quite a few times 3000 extra Hitpoints saves the day, and rarely any cases where 3-4 extra bleeds would have saved the day.

in Necromancer

Iridi.8473

Ok, so what about this setup for traits: http://puu.sh/6J7hB.jpg

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

I learned as a front line WvW player that staying alive lets you keep up the pain. I switched from rabid to dire on my armor pieces and I am staying alive much better. I zerg dive all the time. So it is the better choice for me.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I would rethink using well of suffering. It doesn’t really do much for you since you are condition damage. I would use the blindness one esp since you have the chill trait. Then again, I probably wouldn’t use wells for roaming. They are more for zerg battles. I would use more spectral skills because you can get some added protection and an extra fear.

I would also switch ruins. Get speed for auto 25% movement. That frees up another utility slot. I wouldn’t worry about having 100% duration. It doesn’t make that much difference and you give up a lot for it.

The only other thing is you got to watch where you are at. You can’t run so you have to have a pre-made exit strategy. If you are going to venture far from a tower, stick near a cliff. With spectral walk you can buy yourself time by jumping down and porting back up. I am thinking about rerolling mine and making a Norn for leopard. Just sucks getting zerged on without any way to run. Travel with a guardian. They patch a lot of your weaknesses.