Condi Necro still viable for WvW ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

Yeah i know nerfs suck but I get a little bored of playing my Zerker Deathshroud/Well Build and I was wondering if it was worth it to play Condition again even after patch

If yes I’d like to see the recommended build.

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

If you are talking about wvw zerg/raid build I think dire condi+well is still the best build despite increasing number of cleanses.
I get the most loot with this combination plus I have very good survivability.
But if you are looking for roaming/gang/dueling build try spvp builds.

in Necromancer

Wildchild.7502

Good one Ty Eva.

I didnt really keep all the links he was giving

but the question is. Is it still viable? or I’m I just wasting time/money ?

SIC – Isle of Janthir

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Good one Ty Eva.

still viable, i use it all the time

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Necromancer

Wildchild.7502

Thanks buddy, much appreciated

SIC – Isle of Janthir

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Good one Ty Eva.

More than viable, only a few you really have to watch for. Certain traited engis, warriors and eles. Mesmers and thiefs are a given.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I also think it’s plenty viable, but you’ll need to define “viable” specifically. Viable for roaming? ZvZ? I tend to play more of an assassin role in ZvZs, as Sig of Spite + Corrupt Boon + Fear and the usual Bleeds really, really does work on a single target who is trying to either lead the zerg around, or generally push to cause chaos. I’ve dropped diving Guardians extremely quickly with a concentrated burst of anti-boon/hard conditions, which I personally feel really helps keep momentum on your side.

But you can also go the Epidemic AoE damage route in ZvZs as well. And Condis are extremely good in small-scale fights as well.

Just all-around goodness, really. I wouldn’t be concerned.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Honestly there’s no difference between Condimancer before and after the last couple patches. A Rabid Necro is still going to burn down an enemy camp in 20-30 seconds. Roaming on my Apothecary or Rabid builds is still much better than my Soldiers build DPS, speed and fight out come wise. The same classes/builds give you a harder/easier time. Zergs still have as much condi clense as always, lots. That doesn’t mean conditions don’t put pressure on zergs though.

The truth is Condi Necro has been good if not better than power builds in WvW for a lot of things since the implementation of Torment, Tainted Shackles, and Dhuumfire. Along with a few other tweaks and changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Pump condition dmg to 3k+ and use a mortar napalm shell.
See how much they can cleanse out of that one.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

Viable depends on a few things you still haven’t answered. What are you looking to do?
ZvZ, roaming, Zerg busting against organized zergs?

Roaming it’s viable. ZvZ it’s viable if the zerg you are fighting isn’t organized. If you are trying to bust up organized zergs then condi wasn’t viable before the patch. The organized zerg meta has a ton of condition cleanses and the ability to eat -40% cond duration food if they face a particularly condi heavy group.
You may tag a lot of people and get bags but you aren’t really doing much. Condi’s last about 2 ticks if that. If your group has a lot of burst you won’t even tag a lot of people because they die before you can get tags. For zerg busting Power/Wells is just far better.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Oh my..

Yes Necro condition is amazing in WvW.
Infact, I’d even go as far as saying it’s ‘OP’

I got probably my fastest kill ever today which took seconds.

I hit a Condi Mesmer with Scepter #2, he used block on scepter and applied 5 torment on me. I used Dagger #4 to transfer it then went into DS and used Tainted Shackles. When I came back out I hit again. I’m using Sigil of Torment, he had 10 stacks of torment on him and he went down in mere seconds after that chain was applied.
It was beautiful.

Even against groups, Epidemic is always fun to switch to.
There were 4 enemies on sentry outside bluelake earlier, I threw down my Staff AoE’s then used Signet of Spite then Epidemic and ran back. I turned my camera back to watch their health plummet down.

I’m currently not online, but my god.. I’ve just put myself in the mood for playing. So, i’ll be going now to do so

(edited by Zach.3264)