Condi Reaper + Dhuumfire = Love

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

If you are playing a condition necromancer and haven’t given Dhuumfire Reaper a try, I suggest you give it a shot. The faster attack speed plus the ability to hit three targets per swing takes this from a trait that most people don’t seem to use to one that can dish some serious pain.

I wasn’t sure Reaper was going to fit all that well with my build, but now that I’ve tried this, I can’t wait for the expansion to arrive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

does it work well in pve? i’ve loved power reaper w/ valk gear and blighters boon for sustain…

will give it a go…..just wish we had a burn duration rune to choose from….but maybe the undeads are good enough

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Misguided.5139

does it work well in pve? i’ve loved power reaper w/ valk gear and blighters boon for sustain…

will give it a go…..just wish we had a burn duration rune to choose from….but maybe the undeads are good enough

I didn’t do any dungeons or anything like that, but I don’t see why not. Because I’m going to wind up giving up blood magic for Reaper, I’ll probably wind up using traveler runes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Put the runes you want to use in your bank, create a new beta reaper, you’ll have access to them. It’s only stuff you put in your bank after character creation that you can’t access, I think.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Necromancer

Relshdan.6854

Put the runes you want to use in your bank, create a new beta reaper, you’ll have access to them. It’s only stuff you put in your bank after character creation that you can’t access, I think.

okay…thanks.

just played a bit in orr and the first 2 story eps in full rabid…..even w/o optimal runes/sigils, RS 1 is so great. can’t really tell the speed kill difference between condi and power while in RS using 1 skill.

overall killing is slower, but your sustain is crazy w/ blighters boon(since you don’t have spite line, use sigils or be in a group), parasitic contagion, and rabid armor

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Necromancer

Misguided.5139

Interesting. Fwiw, I’m in full dire (maybe that’s what you meant, since I’m not sure why you would pick rabid). Also using reaper’s onslaught instead of Blighter’s Boon, but I didn’t try without to see if the difference really felt noticeable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The cleave and faster attack speed is certainly nice, but without all the cover conditions that base Necromancer can provide, I feel like it’s not going to hurt as much in the end. It was the first thing I tried and although yeah, it can be pretty brutal if your opponent lets you wail on them a bit, I still feel like Dark Path → Dhuumfire/Life Blast → Tainted Shackles → Doom is a lot more painful and quicker to chain together than just Dhuumfire → Terrify → Soul Spiral, imo of course. Maybe after Reaper gets buffed some (which hopefully it does), it will be better.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Interesting. Fwiw, I’m in full dire (maybe that’s what you meant, since I’m not sure why you would pick rabid). Also using reaper’s onslaught instead of Blighter’s Boon, but I didn’t try without to see if the difference really felt noticeable.

Isn’t reaper’s onslaught bugged and not working right now?

in Necromancer

Misguided.5139

No idea if the onslaught trait is broken. But if it isn’t currently working, this will only get better.

The cleave and faster attack speed is certainly nice, but without all the cover conditions that base Necromancer can provide, I feel like it’s not going to hurt as much in the end. It was the first thing I tried and although yeah, it can be pretty brutal if your opponent lets you wail on them a bit, I still feel like Dark Path -> Dhuumfire/Life Blast -> Tainted Shackles -> Doom is a lot more painful and quicker to chain together than just Dhuumfire -> Terrify -> Soul Spiral, imo of course. Maybe after Reaper gets buffed some (which hopefully it does), it will be better.

Well, to be honest, the way my build currently is, I’m not really getting much out of death shroud from a damage standpoint. Utility yes, but mostly I pop in for a moment and pop back out. For me, this will provide a nice bit of burst. Bear in mind, I’m not thinking from a pvp perspective (which I think you might be). But I think this could be good fun in PvE and blob WvW. I also like dropping reaper 4 onto a poison field from staff..

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

No idea if the onslaught trait is broken. But if it isn’t currently working, this will only get better.

The cleave and faster attack speed is certainly nice, but without all the cover conditions that base Necromancer can provide, I feel like it’s not going to hurt as much in the end. It was the first thing I tried and although yeah, it can be pretty brutal if your opponent lets you wail on them a bit, I still feel like Dark Path -> Dhuumfire/Life Blast -> Tainted Shackles -> Doom is a lot more painful and quicker to chain together than just Dhuumfire -> Terrify -> Soul Spiral, imo of course. Maybe after Reaper gets buffed some (which hopefully it does), it will be better.

Well, to be honest, the way my build currently is, I’m not really getting much out of death shroud from a damage standpoint. Utility yes, but mostly I pop in for a moment and pop back out. For me, this will provide a nice bit of burst. Bear in mind, I’m not thinking from a pvp perspective (which I think you might be). But I think this could be good fun in PvE and blob WvW. I also like dropping reaper 4 onto a poison field from staff..

Ah okay, my bad. I was thinking versus players.

Then yeah, in the case of PvE it would probably be quite nice. The fast application of Burns is exceptionally better than classic Life Blast.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Misguided.5139

Ah okay, my bad. I was thinking versus players.

Then yeah, in the case of PvE it would probably be quite nice. The fast application of Burns is exceptionally better than classic Life Blast.

It’s all good. My understanding is that most Condi necros don’t use it because blast is such a slow attack. The main reason I started a thread was to remind people to take a second look at it. It won’t be for everybody, but it fills a really nice gap for me.

I was having so much fun, I could easily see my necro becoming my most played character.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Necromancer

Relshdan.6854

with all the sustain, i don’t really need the vit from dire (and get extra from the celestial stuff i can’t change). the rabid gives me useful crit in RS w/o the crit trait….which works nice for on-crit procs and speeding up trash mob kills….but i can see dire being god-mode in terms of not being downed in pve

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

My Reaper was Settler stats with Dhuumfire. I tried Chill damage but it’s pathetically weak damage so I swapped it for Spite, I think, for Bleeds on crit, an bonus crit on vulnerable targets to make up for Settler not having any precision. Took a lot of self-heal traits too. Running with the Shout heal, elite, and vuln/stability stun breaker, and Well of Suffering plus Spectral Armor. It’s very hard to die, and in Shroud you regularly build up 1.5k-2k burn stacks + 1k-2k poison stacks in an area while sustaining your shroud.

Next up to test will be Rampager or Sinister stats with this build. Or maybe Carrion to put some Power behind those shroud 1 crits without sacrificing survivability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

I’vw tried 2 condi builds in dungeons, one with dir and one with rampager. Not hqving malice runes for beta led me to use venom asside with smoldring. Guys, i dont dare to write it how fun and good it was, cuz anet wilk be kittenhead and nerf it….. but it was great! Over 4k burn and 2k poiskn tick… wow. And imagine with full sinisterin live with correct ru es and sigils…. 6k burns on tha way to us.
I’ve used a reaper, soul reaping and spite trait, it gave perma 25 vuln and 25 might. A miracle

(edited by Elbritil.3817)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

I prefer running cele myself (in pvp) since I think full condi necro has very limited options even with Reaper. I’ve never had so much fun on my necro before! Except maybe when I crit peoples faces off with lich form sometimes. xP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve actually found Dhuumfire to be effective on power builds.

It’s like this: on a zerker build, Death’s Perception and Decimate Defenses are redundant. You only need one to cap out crit chance, so you can swap out the other for a different traits. Personally I go with Decimate Defenses, since that works outside of shroud, too. That leaves me with either foot in the grave or Dhuumfire for the SR elite.

At maximum might, which is VERY easy to reach on the Shroud Knight build, Burning does 248 damage per tick. 3 ticks, 25% vulnerability, this comes to 930 additional damage per swipe. Against a 2600 armor target, you’ll be doing about 2.5k / 2.5k / 5.1k per each auto attack chain, so this actually adds up to about 37% / 37% / 18% damage increase.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I’ve actually found Dhuumfire to be effective on power builds.

It’s like this: on a zerker build, Death’s Perception and Decimate Defenses are redundant. You only need one to cap out crit chance, so you can swap out the other for a different traits. Personally I go with Decimate Defenses, since that works outside of shroud, too. That leaves me with either foot in the grave or Dhuumfire for the SR elite.

At maximum might, which is VERY easy to reach on the Shroud Knight build, Burning does 248 damage per tick. 3 ticks, 25% vulnerability, this comes to 930 additional damage per swipe. Against a 2600 armor target, you’ll be doing about 2.5k / 2.5k / 5.1k per each auto attack chain, so this actually adds up to about 37% / 37% / 18% damage increase.

Hm, it never actually occurred to me that a power build still gets a lot of condition damage from all the might stacks.

in Necromancer

Misguided.5139

Burning can be effective in a power build because it is so strong compared to other conditions that it adds some dps even without a ton of condition damage. My impression (from various forum posts over the last few months) is that the trait has been used more (though still fairly rarely) on power builds than condition builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I tried that yesterday, and yes Dhuumfire is much more useful and you can feel the pressure, but is so far from really useful. You cant sty for long in RS, your physical damage is low and sustain is even worst. Ele and Warrior just ignore all your damage through immunity. Especially ele, wtf its constantly immune to my conditions…
In the end to be effective you need to be in super zerk team so your pressure do actually matter. And then you are dead
Meh

in Necromancer

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

RS4 in fire field is completely insane coupled with Dhuumfire on Auto and condi duration buffs. Let’s not add Quickness to that list.

Reaper can also nearly run without precision (50% crit chance with 25vuln, 20% from Fury, Banner and Spotter) but sadly there no Power/Condi/Ferocity gear…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

Lets start a petition to anet form power/condi/ferocity stat comb

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Why? Reaper with decimating defense and death perception has almost no condition application.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

If you are playing a condition necromancer and haven’t given Dhuumfire Reaper a try, I suggest you give it a shot. The faster attack speed plus the ability to hit three targets per swing takes this from a trait that most people don’t seem to use to one that can dish some serious pain.

I wasn’t sure Reaper was going to fit all that well with my build, but now that I’ve tried this, I can’t wait for the expansion to arrive.

if you want to play condi build you chose wrong class. Ele can tick 10-12k+ without vuln stacks and 25 might plus dagger skills also do 1.5k+ dmg. with 25 might and 25 vuln you tick way more than 15k. with Reaper you can put around 8 burn stacks and tick around 4-5k

(edited by Dakunaito.9602)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think condition reaper could be good if they increased chill damage ~8x what it currently is.

Burn/Chill in RS + Bleed/poison from scepter means you can keep up condition pressure all the time, even when coming in and out of shroud.

However with the pathetic damage chill does right now it really isn’t worth it just for the faster burn application.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

I’ve used cele signet reaper (same weapons and utis as current meta or dagger instead of warhorn) +burning duration and ice sigils on 1 set http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQB1AWsBuQ~

Reasoning for reaper line:

• Chill dmg is too low, but with tons of might stacking the healing trait appears to be more helpful.
  • The chill proc trait is less important than snare duration decrease as necro still suffers from bad mobility. And there is plenty of chill anyway.
  • The vuln on crit isn’t worth it vuln gets cleansed too fast and there isnt enough vuln.

This seemed slightly more powerful than current meta necros. But shouts and GS on necro are absolutely terrible.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Honestly, I think the burns on Dhuumfire should be increased to a 5 second base from a 3 second base. It would make the burns on DS a little closer to acceptable and it would make the burns on RS truly daunting. Necromancer needs more strong options and less “good=OP” nerfs.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eneldiar.9670

Eneldiar.9670

Why? Reaper with decimating defense and death perception has almost no condition application.

I’m assuming that rather than take death perception, he would take dhuumfire if he were going to use these armor stats. Assuming you keep decimate defenses and have the right buffs (fury, party buffs, food, etc.) you could feasibly get close (if not all the way) to 100% crit without any precision investment. If you could do this, you would achieve the same power-based damage (same power and ferocity, same 100% crit) but now have added damage from dhuumfire and condi damage.

It would be a cool combo, would be interesting to test out if they released it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I did It and got up to 3k burns. But this is without the proper runea, sigil and sinister armor. I’m expecting 7k burns constant

in Necromancer

Misguided.5139

if you want to play condi build you chose wrong class. Ele can tick 10-12k+ without vuln stacks and 25 might plus dagger skills also do 1.5k+ dmg. with 25 might and 25 vuln you tick way more than 15k. with Reaper you can put around 8 burn stacks and tick around 4-5k

I’ll play what I want, how I want to play it.

You’ve fallen victim to one of the classic blunders. No, not that you should never fight a land war in Asia. Where’d you get that idea? You think I should be concerned with what you think about my choice. Or about the meta. Well, I’ve got news for you, Mr. GoPlayanEle, I don’t. And I’m fortunate enough to have found a guild full of like-minded people.

So I will keep on playing my corruption necro (there, I said it) that I love to squishly bits and I will become a corruption dhuumfire Reaper when the expansion comes out, and I will have ALL THE FUN doing it. And woe be to he that gets in my way.

Muwahahahahahahahah!

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Necromancer

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

From a Pvp pov, I felt the cond gs reaper outperformed the power version.
And that’s mainly due to drumfire in ds.aside from that reaper gs is very sub par in Pvp.

I wasn’t around for the original drumfire, do damage did that used to do?

The current incarnation for me hit at most for 1200 using undead rune, carrion amulet, smoldering and whatever the +10 cond damage per kill is called.

In contrast
On my elements list and guard, in Pvp I can burn for 4kish.