Condi Reaper rotation

Condi Reaper rotation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, probably opening myself up for flaming here but ah well, can’t hurt to ask.

Have just started Raiding as Condi Reaper and loving it, but I have a feeling my dps isn’t up to scratch. With constant moving to get in the green circles I think my rotation could be suffering.
What do you all (those who raid) use for your rotations? I am using Scepter/Dagger but moving and trying to cast off S2 and D5 (basically marks) seems to be tricky to hit. I have settings in game to instant cast but if my mouse isn’t on or towards the Boss they cast at my feet, which of course sucks and is just lame.
Any tips that people can throw my way would be most appreciated. My keyboards skills aren’t the greatest and I tend to use the mouse to move around a lot and cast with key binds.
thank you!!

Condi Reaper rotation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koalachan.3451

Koalachan.3451

It sounds like you don’t know about the snap to arget cast that got added to the game at some point. When you cast an AoE and your target is in range, it will center it on the target. It was a bit dinky and unwanted for a while since you couldn’t turn it off so could never lead targets without deselecting them. A pain for moving combat with AoE spells that have a decent casting time. Until recently where they added a keybonding to toggle the behaviour.

Go check out your option panel. Suggest you bind a key to toggle it?

Condi Reaper rotation

in Necromancer

Joxer.6024

It sounds like you don’t know about the snap to arget cast that got added to the game at some point. When you cast an AoE and your target is in range, it will center it on the target. It was a bit dinky and unwanted for a while since you couldn’t turn it off so could never lead targets without deselecting them. A pain for moving combat with AoE spells that have a decent casting time. Until recently where they added a keybonding to toggle the behaviour.

Go check out your option panel. Suggest you bind a key to toggle it?

Yea, have that on, but thanks. Problem is that with using my mouse to move if my mouse pointer isn’t on or near the target it casts at my feet, or where the pointer is. That’s what makes it a bit tricky.

Condi Reaper rotation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

Take a look at this:

http://sickestguild.com/forum/m/31644179/viewthread/25151391-spirit-vale-condition-reaper-guide

Ignore the build, I’m sure you’ve already got one but the rotation and discussion in the OP is pretty fantastic. I’d suggest trying to use Soul Spiral in CPC for extra burst posion, especially if you’re doing red at VG.

If you’re still having issues turn on snap ground target, so you’ll just have to aim in the general direction if you’re having issues hitting the S2 (which is pretty important – should be 8.5k bleeds).

Condi Reaper rotation

in Necromancer

Joxer.6024

Take a look at this:

http://sickestguild.com/forum/m/31644179/viewthread/25151391-spirit-vale-condition-reaper-guide

Ignore the build, I’m sure you’ve already got one but the rotation and discussion in the OP is pretty fantastic. I’d suggest trying to use Soul Spiral in CPC for extra burst posion, especially if you’re doing red at VG.

If you’re still having issues turn on snap ground target, so you’ll just have to aim in the general direction if you’re having issues hitting the S2 (which is pretty important – should be 8.5k bleeds).

Thanks for that!!! Just the ticket as far as rotation. Now I just need to work out my targeting, which I think is more of a playstyle thing I have to fix. Thanks again!

Condi Reaper rotation

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dont use instant cast. Use the semi instant cast. So if you hold the key down you can be precise. This is very important for Sabetha launch pads. Hold and release is definitely the best option for AoE targeting in PvE. And its practically instant cast when you want it to be.

Also using snap target is really good on engi. Its not really worth it on other classes. And you probably need to turn it off for Sabetha because of launch pads. Ive trolled my teammates many times by forgetting i had it on while playing engi on Gorseval then switching to necro for Sabetha. x)

(edited by spoj.9672)