Condi or power for silverwastes farm?

in Necromancer

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

So map chat broke out in to a huge argument over whether condi or power is better in silverwastes for general event farm.

Is there a SW-specific build available, and if not what would you necro veterans recommend? I usually just run basic power necro for all my pve needs

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

IF (GameFormat == “PvE”) THEN
{
use PowerBuild;
}

The only thing conditions are better against are general Husks, not even for Copper because of the condition cap. Even in the case of Husks, a Power build melts them plenty quickly.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

^ bonus points for style

in Necromancer

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

It honestly doesnt matter because if you are doing it for a “farm” then you just need to tag things and go, you dont really need to worry about killing everything. So I would recommend either staff marks or Precise Ritual wells for some AOE tags on everything.

You could quite honestly run Nomads and it wouldnt matter because everyone else would pick up your slack, there are so many people there. I dont condone this because its unethical to let everyone else do your work, but you get my meaning.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

For general event farm power is probably better, as Rising Dusk noted.

Now this is my opinion, but I think that in the Silverwastes condition damage is actually a tolerable choice for once. Again, you really only have an advantage against Husks, but in large battles you just always make it your job to destroy any and all husks that show up. In my observation, having someone single-handedly and quickly destroy a Slinger can be influential.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Power still works. Conditions are less of a handicap to dps than they were. Feel free to run a blend of both. Silverwastes has opportunity to use condition damage to good effect, mostly from husks, and Necromancer’s condition management tools are also more useful.

I have run power, condi, and hybrid. All can work well enough so I would say there is no clear loser like there is in older content. I have all kinds of fun playing with builds there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

I pretty much tried both in silverwastes. The condition build let me loose on epidemic which enjoy using. The power build allowed me to bring the old trusty axe out of retirement just for kicks of seeing my axe twirl. They both were effective. Condition became a little more boring thou.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There is absolutely no reason to run anything but full zerker. The only thing that is bad is meeting 4-5 teragriffs at the camps and get perma knocked down until dead or the rather annoying veteran teragriff. You can do it, just have to be carefull. Everything else will melt, it is especially effective at groups of mob and you clear a caravan attack in a single necro bomb using wells.

The toughest and least effort build is probably MM power. Its just facetank. Well, when the minions dont go full kitten and 3 out of 5 just stand there watching while you are fighting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

You won’t tag as much with condi as with power.
Also don’t ever take advice from map chat, especially on silverwastes lol