Condi transfert

Condi transfert

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

Hi, I need some tips vs condi transferts.

1/ Which trait, weapon skill, utility can transfert condi?

2/ Blind, block effective?

Condi transfert

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

dagger 4, staff 4 , plague signet, plague sending (trait), minions with necromantic corruption.

Blind does not work on transfer and blocks should work on everything but traited staff 4.

EverythingOP

Condi transfert

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I think I am very well-placed to explain condi transfers since I use all the available transfers a necro has in my build muahahahhahaha. I’ll even teach you how to counter.

1) plague sending / Trait
-when there are 3 condis on the necro, next crit by the necro on the opponent transfers 3 condis
-blind and block only effective to delay the crit from happening, does not stop the transfer once crit happens cause it is instant
-How to counter: if you see 2 or more signet icons on the necro status bar, he probably has plague sending traited. don’t instantly condi burst him. hit him with 3 or more different condis, then when you see a signet break above his head, you probably triggered his plague sending. Load him after that.

2) Deathly Swarm / dagger 4
-900 range dagger skill that travels and appears as a thin dark-green swarm
-can be dodged or blocked,
-cannot be blinded as it will transfer the blind back? not sure about this because I don’t remember missing it before
-transfers 3 condi when it connects
-How to counter: if you have loaded him with condi, watch for a dark-green-black swarm thing that travels out from the necro. it moves relatively slowly and can be dodged or blocked. Don’t let it hit you if you don’t want to eat all your own condi damage.

3) Plague Signet / Utility
-Instant cast stun breaker. Very OP against condi foes. transfers up to 5 condis back.
-Can be dodged or blocked
-Cannot be blinded
-How to counter: you can see this icon in the necro status bar as a signet icon. if you see it, and you are condi, load him up with condi but right after that, dodge, block, invulnerable, invis, blink away. Do anything you can right after you load him with condi to prevent his plague signet from hitting you. It is instant cast so you have to pre-empt this transfer. the longer he takes to transfer it back to you, the more damage the necro takes. This is like pre-empting an invisible foe, where you need to count his stealth timing and dodge or block or evade etc. Same thing for a necro, because it is instant cast, most necros when they are loaded with condis they will want to activate this to transfer it back. Don’t let them do it easily. Pre-empt them with all your evasive skills. If you do that, there is a very good chance that they will miss the cast or take too long to transfer it and by then they will be almost dead.

4) Putrid Mark / Staff 4
-1200 range aoe mark. Casting animation is the same as all the marks so you can’t really tell whether he is casting this or some other mark
- Can be evaded/dodged
- Might be able to block unless the Necro traited unblockable marks
- Cannot be blinded
- Transfers 3 condis back on hit
- How to counter: Same as plague signet, since you can’t tell whether he is casting this mark or some other mark, you have to pre-empt him. Load him with condis and pre-empt him by doing all your evasive/invis/dodge/blink/invulnerable skills so that he can’t transfer it back to you.

TLDR: if you are condi and fighting a necro, after you load him with condi, you need to pre-empt him by using all your evasive/defensive skills so that he can’t transfer it back to you successfully.

Edit: there is still the traited minions transfer on hit I think but I don’t really play with minions much…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Condi transfert

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

@OP, i see that you are probably a mesmer?

you can also use your images to block dagger 4 from hitting you.
You can also you your images to eat the plague sending because there is a good chance the crit from the necro will land on your image.

you are probably very well equipped to fight a necro even if you run condi yourself.

load the necro and go invis and stay there as long as you can. interrupt the necro if he tries to heal. if necro transfers the condi on to one of your image, then pop right out of invis and load him again. then go back into invis.

even better if you come out of invis with aegis. after your aegis breaks, try to dodge or chain dodges.

use your blink to widen the gap so the necro becomes harder to transfer it back to you.

you have many pre-empt skills against a necro. even can use your sword evasive skill.
just do whatever you can to pre-empt and prevent the necro from transferring back to you and you have a dead necro.

edit also your f4 invulnerable shatter skill can be used to defend yourself against transfers.

important thing is to pre-empt after you load the necro because very often, reacting is too late.

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

Condi transfert

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

having said that, it can still be a very close fight though, especially if you don’t have condi cleanses yourself.
one good transfer and fear from the necro = a dead mesmer.

if you are condi PU and you run condi cleansing mantra as well, then well the necro will have a much harder time since he needs to catch you with a good transfer/burst at least twice.

Condi transfert

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

Thank you, yours tips are usefulll.