Condition combat floaters

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

If I understand right, it shows the real dps every second? Or something else? I have yet to test it.
If it is, what’s the number you get?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

What would you like to know about my floaters?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

If I understand right, it shows the real dps every second? Or something else? I have yet to test it.

It just lumps each condition into its own floater per second. So you see a bleed floater for all your bleeds summed, a floater for poison, a floater for burn etc.

So you can see upwards of 2k for a bleed floater with enough stacks.

Personally…. I oddly find it bad. One of the ways I could tell when to epidemic was the rate at which numbers were exploding out of someone… now I have to pay close attention to what that number on the bleed floater reads or their debuff bar. I expect to go back to the old floater system.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

It just lumps each condition into its own floater per second. So you see a bleed floater for all your bleeds summed, a floater for poison, a floater for burn etc.

Personally…. I oddly find it bad. One of the ways I could tell when to epidemic was the rate at which numbers were exploding out of someone… now I have to pay close attention to what that number on the bleed floater reads or their debuff bar. I expect to go back to the old floater system.

Dude if you have bleeding floaters you better go to a Doctor.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Well you can revert it back so its no biggy. I quite like how much it cleans up the floaters particularly on power builds. Its easier to see how much condi damage im doing when aoe bursting with a beserker build.

in Necromancer

Afya.5842

I think it should be possible to pass 3k.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I think it should be possible to pass 3k.

yes with 21+ bleed ticks…. well at least for my current condi dmg.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d say if you like it (without that case) just keep it and you’ll get used to it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

If I recall the patch notes right, you can turn them off

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Necromancer

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

What would you like to know about my floaters?

sounds like they want to know how big your floaters are. it’s a fair question. i mean, from a combat standpoint, it’s beneficial to your health to make your floaters as big as possible, even though it might be difficult sometimes.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

in Necromancer

Afya.5842

Actually I think it is great (although I haven’t seen in person). People always say how much damage epidemic deal like 20 stacks of 150tick to 4 targets, but they forget those ticks die off very quick. With this we can easily see how much damage it actually do to those targets.

Also it is an easier comparison to direct damage. Just ask your teammate how much they hit and you can know.

Oh, and in bleed capped fight, you don’t have to guess how many stacks belongs to you.

But screen filled with small numbers is cooler I must admit :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

I don’t think the design fits the overall UI so I switched back to the old design right away. The old one is actually easier for me to read and to gauge if it’s worth using Epidemic. Guess I might use the new one for theorycrafting/-checking once in a while.

What i really love is the new groundtargeting options. Anet really nailed this one. I’ve never seen a more intuitive implementation.

Ele / Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I love the new condition floaters and ground targeting option. So good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I am opting for a larger font size option for them in the Suggestions forum, if you feel the same way here is my thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Condition-Damage-Floater-Font-Size/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think they add more clutter than normal floaters. The numbers weren’t anywhere near as intrusive as the new colorful graphics.