"Conditions are a bit strong right now..."

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

At least that is the dev’s point of view.

Wanna bet that the Necro will eat some nerfs AGAIN because they won’t fault the insane burn damage (it is more than QUADRUPLE that of bleeding , geezus christ) or engi for applying 12 stacks of bleed with one skill?

Source for dev’s opinion : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Things-we-know/first#post5199787

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I already called it. They won’t realize that the only reason Necromancers are destroying people with condis is because other condi builds are so stupidly powerful that even condi builds can’t deal with their own condis.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Necros pve condi dps is already significantly behind power because ya know… boon conversion and condi transfer doesnt work so great there. If we get nerfed then its back to power I guess and all of this condition change will be for nothing when it comes to necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I say if they nerf us again, we riot. Everywhere.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Humm was in Cursed Shores and people was saying Necromancers need to be nerf bad so looks like they are going to get nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Pls remember,

this is coming from the guy who said:

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826123355/vssaxtonhale/images/c/c2/Troll-face.png

(edited by mordran.4750)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Since bleeds were already nerfed, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t stay the same if not see a buff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kevin.5980

Kevin.5980

Dmg conditons now stacks up to 1500 times now… thats why its strong now

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I already called it. They won’t realize that the only reason Necromancers are destroying people with condis is because other condi builds are so stupidly powerful that even condi builds can’t deal with their own condis.

what build are you using to destroy people? i tried conditions and was bored to death trying to get more than 5 stacks of bleed on a seemingly immune elementalist: between cleansing fire, stop drop and roll, cleansing wave, and cleansing water, there’s not much i could do but retreat…. any tips?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

what build are you using to destroy people? i tried conditions and was bored to death trying to get more than 5 stacks of bleed on a seemingly immune elementalist: between cleansing fire, stop drop and roll, cleansing wave, and cleansing water, there’s not much i could do but retreat…. any tips?

It’s not condi at all. It is using plague sending and plague signet etc. to transfer everything right back at the sender, and more signet + signet mastery to corrupt a kittenton of boons. The engi condi specs effectively kill themselves.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I really think we’re safe this time.

Our main source of condi dmg is bleeding for which they’ve already nerfed the dmg formula.
They’ve also kept Mark of Blood at 2 stacks.
And even though they’ve slightly raised the base duration of Barbed Precision to 2.5 seconds (3s with the inherent duration increase), the 33% proc chance remains and has basically reduced this trait to something barely noticable compared to what is was before.

So in terms of our own condi pressure, I really don’t think there’s a lot more left to nerf.

What kills other people are our transfers, but that’s really not an issue with necros but the incredibly high stacks of burning, poison and confusion that other classes can produce.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I only got to play 5-6 games, and my impressions aren’t reliable cause I tried 3 different builds, but my impression was that engis died instantly to their own conditions due to Plague Sending. Against anyone who could avoid my own condition applications I was boned.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I didn’t have a lot of room today to play but I’d agree with the fact that some conditions are stupidly strong atm (burn : with no condi damage and no condi trait i’ve reach 1.5k burn tic on my gardian). But, that’s not all! It seem that powerwise, some skill hit twice as hard as before… etc.
Existing PvE is melting even faster than before in front of this new game build.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I was not impressed by condition damage on Necromancer last night but power damage was strong. Minions were no smarter than before .

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I didnt see this coming. /s

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Everything is too strong.

Too much base pwr/prec/condi got added to everybody. & people haven’t adapted by going to defensive amulets yet.

I expect that the most fair fix that they could give to everybody is to nerf the bonus offensive stats that thy gave everybody.

And then they should just let things be, knowing that we’ll get another shakeup when the expansion comes (possibly as soon as late August).

A pick and choose nerf the meta approach will be a disaster. Literally everything is strong.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Finally, time when nerfing other professions means direct nerf for necro.
Just kidding, there’s no way they will nerf their beloved engi and mesmers. Enjoy condi transfer while you have it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Boon sharing skills are broken so for World Bosses everyone has maxed out boons. For example Blood Is Power gives might to everybody in the area, not just 5 people. Haven’t been in PvP yet so dunno how condi is there, but Necro Condi doesn’t feel like anything special in PvE, hope they don’t gut us because I am pretty sure every other Condi class is better in PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer condition damage did not seem too strong, axe stacked vulnerability satisfyingly quickly so axe focus capped solo in a vulnerability build.

Power vuln MM showed minions had not improved pathing while power Necro tore through the mobs before most minions could touch it.

Might signet build was strong but squishy in PvE. Might was perma-capped in PvE zergs so I changed to power-siphon wells and ended up finishing the night with that.

Tried rampager-hoelbrak and zerker-scholar armor. Will try others if I get online tonight. Eager to see how much improvement is on shaman-exhuberance for group support, and many others.

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

THIS.Excactly this
I sure hope the devs do realize that it’s not our condition damage that kills our enemies in pvp it’s their own condi dmg lol. We’re just kind enough to send it back,all while laughing our kittens off because they melt so fast. Not because of us (technically) but because of them. LOL

TLDR; Classes other than necromancers should fear their own condition builds right now.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

I do agree with this. The build i am running right now only feels as strong as it is because of proper condition transfers at the right time to spike someone. There was a power creep with this patch across all classes in my opinion.

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

He mentioned later in that thread that they don’t plan to make big changes to conditions. Which is good for us, finally manipulating conditions is a real powerful aspect of the class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

He mentioned later in that thread that they don’t plan to make big changes to conditions. Which is good for us, finally manipulating conditions is a real powerful aspect of the class.

kitten yes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

I want to donate so much money to you. But you suck at Twitch.tv

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I want to donate so much money to you. But you suck at Twitch.tv

8(

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

To be honest, burn is the only condition that really needs a nerf. A carrion guardian taht I dueled melted me in under 6 seconds nearly every time because it could stack like 13 burn stacks with high condi damage so fast.

I don’t think its scaling needs to be nerfed in regards to celestial though, just at higher levels of condition damage.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

To be honest, burn is the only condition that really needs a nerf. A carrion guardian taht I dueled melted me in under 6 seconds nearly every time because it could stack like 13 burn stacks with high condi damage so fast.

I don’t think its scaling needs to be nerfed in regards to celestial though, just at higher levels of condition damage.

It’s not burn guard that’s the issue just burn, it’s guards only natural damaging condition it should be high and frequent from them.

The Dhuumfire thread