"Consume Condition" Solution.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Architecture.7524

Architecture.7524

Big reward goes in hand in hand with big risk.

Make the consume condition skill apply 10 vulnerable stacks at start of the heal skill.

Since it has a very obvious skill motion and is a very easy skill to interrupt, if the Consume Conditon gets interrupted, Necromancer will have additional 10 stacks of vulnerability and have consume condition on cool down for 5 seconds.

If Consume condition skills is successful, necromancer will have additional heal from clearing the vulnerability stack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Sounds legit, but I’d rather not have to risk it in the first place than get an extra 740 heal (yaaaay). I think I just wanna keep the current CC or turn it into a spectral skill.

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

really nice idea but they would have to nerf the healing or increase the cast time if they dont want to buff the skill which, lets be honest, they dont want to do

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

This has already been suggested in other threads, and imo it’s the only way that makes sense should Consume stay a corruption skill.
I can get over the longer base cd, but it’s completely unacceptable to have one or even two conditions applied after activating a skill that is supposed to be a full cleanse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

they would have to nerf the healing or increase the cast time

Compared to now this would still be a nerf considering you get 10 stacks of vuln (and another one with MoT) if your cast is interrupted.
Also, the healing amount of Consume Conditions is rather low to begin with, so an extra condition or two to consume doesn’t make that big of a difference, especially when you might already have the same condi on you before using the skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

Compared to now this would still be a nerf considering you get 10 stacks of vuln (and another one with MoT) if your cast is interrupted.
Also, the healing amount of Consume Conditions is rather low to begin with, so an extra condition or two to consume doesn’t make that big of a difference, especially when you might already have the same condi on you before using the skill.

i know but does anet know? i dont want to sound pessimistic but these changes would make the heal more appealing and change nothing about the situation anet (for some reason) wants to fix

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Sounds legit, but I’d rather not have to risk it in the first place than get an extra 740 heal (yaaaay). I think I just wanna keep the current CC or turn it into a spectral skill.

+1 to this.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Architecture.7524

Architecture.7524

Moreover, going back to the necro design concept of transferring conditions to foe which Robert Gee has pointed out, necromancer can even intentionally interrupt or cancel (using dodge or even stow weapon function) their own consume condition skill in order to gain the 10 vulnerability stacks only to transfer it to foe.

(edited by Architecture.7524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Moreover, going back to the necro design concept of transferring conditions which Robert Gee has pointed out, necromancer can even intentionally interrupt or cancel (using dodge or even stow weapon function) consume condition skill in order to gain the 10 vulnerability stacks only to transfer it to foe.

If a developer actually acknowledged this is an allowable/intended mechanism, then it just shows how poorly the “balancing” aspect of CC has been designed.

They can’t have it both ways. They can’t say that the nerf is necessary due to the new traits and then say the “nerf” is intended to be a buff via just interrupting the cast and xferring the condition.

If this is true, I’d love to see the ridiculous formula they used to calculate how often it will be a nerf versus a buff, so as to give the heal a “value budget” on their balancing spreadsheets.

Considering in the videos that the developers didn’t even know how the new heal for Rangers was going to behave…less than a couple weeks before going live…I’m going to assume that they really haven’t tested any of this stuff thoroughly…which is amazing.

Imagine owning a business and making tons of changes that impact your clients without thoroughly testing them and just making them live with the hopes of fixing them later….Is that a recipe for success or failure?

One other problem with Anet is that they simply make things more complex than they need to be. Consume Conditions went over 2 years without being a corruption skill. Why on earth would you FORCE it to be a corruption skill and THEN force yourself to have to rebalance it in such a clunky way that it could be a buff or a nerf???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I want to laugh in his face, full on.