Consume Condition, why not Shelter treatment?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Yes, one more thread about the same topic!

As Josh said:

Ye what about Shelter as Mora asked? Is it going to be under the meditations category or consecrations category?

Shelter will not be getting a skill category. It would probably need to be adjusted in someway if we did do it – and it’s fine where it is right now.

In what way was CC so overpowered that it is in need of a nerf?

It has more than 1 second of casting time, a unique and easy-to-tell animation, with no easy access to stability/on-demand blind (to use while casting), so interrupting it was easy.

It removed conditions, yes, but isn’t necromancers supposed to be strong against conditions?
And if you bring in transfers: It is counterproductive to use CC with transfers, as you either transfer them or heal more by consuming them.
The “fact” that they were used at the same time in builds is because.. there are too many condi-application compared to transfers? Our other healing skills are quaggans?
Neither of them makes CC OP in my eyes.

It was balanced. It was good.
Why are we not getting the same treatment as Shelter?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I completely agree.

Also, CC’s amount of healing is so low that it actually could’ve used a buff, and considering the opportunity cost of having Master of Corruption compete for a slot with Terror and Path of Corruption, a 16 sec cd would’ve actually been decent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’ll take the Shelter treatment over planned kitten.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Yes, one more thread about the same topic!

As Josh said:

Ye what about Shelter as Mora asked? Is it going to be under the meditations category or consecrations category?

Shelter will not be getting a skill category. It would probably need to be adjusted in someway if we did do it – and it’s fine where it is right now.

In what way was CC so overpowered that it is in need of a nerf?

It has more than 1 second of casting time, a unique and easy-to-tell animation, with no easy access to stability/on-demand blind (to use while casting), so interrupting it was easy.

It removed conditions, yes, but isn’t necromancers supposed to be strong against conditions?
And if you bring in transfers: It is counterproductive to use CC with transfers, as you either transfer them or heal more by consuming them.
The “fact” that they were used at the same time in builds is because.. there are too many condi-application compared to transfers? Our other healing skills are quaggans?
Neither of them makes CC OP in my eyes.

It was balanced. It was good.
Why are we not getting the same treatment as Shelter?

+1

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I AGREE! Give Consume Conditions the Shelter treatment.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Alternatively, if they really want to give Consume Conditions a skill type, make it Spectral. Rise the CD accordingly to 27-28 seconds so with the Spectral Mastery trait it becomes 22 seconds and with a 5% LF on top of that.

In this way, you nerf a bit the base skill but offering a nice little bonus to people that choose to pick the trait.

The current change is just too insane to believe it will make to the live servers (or so I hope….).

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I completely agree.

Also, CC’s amount of healing is so low that it actually could’ve used a buff, and considering the opportunity cost of having Master of Corruption compete for a slot with Terror and Path of Corruption, a 16 sec cd would’ve actually been decent.

I agree it actually needed a buff. The healing was too low for our health pool and the cast time makes it so easy to interrupt in PvP. One of those needed buffed, not the skill nerfed as a whole. It probably seemed OP to some people because our other 3 heals are useless.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We had consume condition on this cool down before, we weren’t that much more terrible.

Vulnerability is horrible. We’ll eat this change.

When we all don’t swap heals or take the trait (and none of us will do either), maybe anet will finally look at our other heals

(bone minion should heal when it dies from damage, signet of vampirism should have a lower cast time, we shoul have some blasts to interact with well of blood’s field, the reaper shout heal should cast faster and heal for more)

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I’ll take the Shelter treatment over planned kitten.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Agreed, I’d rather it not have anything, it is in a very similar spot to Shelter, almost universal to all builds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

When we all don’t swap heals or take the trait (and none of us will do either), maybe anet will finally look at our other heals

how will that take? 3 years?

(bone minion should heal when it dies from damage, signet of vampirism should have a lower cast time, we shoul have some blasts to interact with well of blood’s field, the reaper shout heal should cast faster and heal for more)

rather than combo well of blood i rather it pulse condition removal/transfer
well traits should give us longer duration

signet of vampire needs to have actives effect last longer and icd reduced cool down is wayyy tooo longgggg the heal it self is also lackluster i mean its lower than consume

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

No heal in the game punishes you for using it like the new consume conditions does. Even if the vulnerability is 4 seconds. With the new ability for almost ALL classes to put out vulnerability. That stack can turn into a big problem and allow for people to simply wait for you to get low enough to heal and simply pile on more vulnerability that you helped them stack essentially. I love necromancer as it is my main class and I’ve found ways to work through the classes short comings through this games lifetime. However, punishing us for healing is ludicrous. Anet- You need to fix this.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The only defense to this nerf I’ve heard is that CC is too strong with the new siphon builds, but if you nerf CC to the point where it hurts you to use it, it devastates every non siphon build and makes siphons not feel like a good buff because of this “eye for an eye” trade off.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

No heal in the game punishes you for using it like the new consume conditions does. Even if the vulnerability is 4 seconds. With the new ability for almost ALL classes to put out vulnerability. That stack can turn into a big problem and allow for people to simply wait for you to get low enough to heal and simply pile on more vulnerability that you helped them stack essentially. I love necromancer as it is my main class and I’ve found ways to work through the classes short comings through this games lifetime. However, punishing us for healing is ludicrous. Anet- You need to fix this.

Dude, can someone tell me what other class has skills that punish themselves besides necros? Some of the same skills we use that effectively punish ourselves are weaker versions that what other classes have without being punished!!! This self punishing thing is utterly ducking ridiculous and weakens an already weak class. Anet is drunk

in Necromancer

Zantmar.5406

more like the necro devs simply hates necros compairing to what dragon hunter (massive condi spike) and chronomancers get(aoe quickness and evade) we necros get slapped on a condition that don’t even work on thiefs and we still cant catch people who r trying to get away from us

oh engie’s kits gets cool down on top of cool downs if traited and they get cool motor orbital lazer that can happen twice(4 if traited lawl)
in comparison what do we get? a lawl kittening nerf on our most important heal
when reaper came out i thought dang we getting something nice for once, but woe is me with cripple/chill nerf but i still told my self its gonna be okay
now with this update- i’m moving on

i mean comon have we seen any other class with ANYTHING saying we gonna increase the cool down of ur heal and condi clear lol hhahahahahaha

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Seriously, what other class punishes itself for lackluster skills? Anyone?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

Yep, I’m on board with this as well. When I saw this change I was quite baffled by it lol
I’ve never even imagined Anet would think that making a heal put you in combat is a good idea. The entire premise of the skill is to remove conditions but here it is applying more….it’s so counter intuitive I wonder how they thought this was a good idea. Not just that but the trait that is supposed to essentially make it better also punishes us because it amplifies the condition…We’re literally the only profession that gets punished for healing AND for traiting. Meanwhile we have Shelter that’s just “fine” and universal. Not even sure what to say at this point aside from REVERT IT and KEEP IT THE SAME.

Also inb4 the argument of “just transfer it”. Wasting a transfer on self-inflicted Vuln (which btw also increases condition damage now, so if you have poison or something from a corrupt boon or w/e, yay we’re killing ourselves even faster now) AFTER you just cleansed a bunch of condis is the dumbest thing ever. That’s not synergy, that’s us trying to fight our own mechanics yet again.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

in Necromancer

Zantmar.5406

Seriously, what other class punishes itself for lackluster skills? Anyone?

there’s frenzy on warrior if that counts but dat aint lacklauster so there’s that problem

also engi rifle 4 launch that knock theirselves back but it also launch the opponent so its fair trade- which reminds me of necro’s underwater spear 5 which pull u to the foe but does not cc the foe so it halirously make u a free punching bag for a while hahahahah