Consume Conditions

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Why in the name of all that is unholy would a skill called Consume Conditions designed to remove conditions from your character give your character conditions. With this change Necros officially have no useful heal skill.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: thor.3904

thor.3904

Please do not kill our only useful heal! I am personally fine with the cd increase but the 10 stacks of vulnerability are stupid. Weaken yourself by healing yourself? If you really want to add a category to it just add it to the spectral skills. Or do the same thing as that is being done to shelter, add no category to it.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Because in a condi heavy meta that heal is obviously overpowered. And we don’t want to cause unnecessary difficulty to our new engineer overlords, don’t we?

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Because in a condi heavy meta that heal is obviously overpowered. And we don’t want to cause unnecessary difficulty to our new engineer overlords, don’t we?

there have been dozens of condi metas. even though your reply doesn’t seem to be serious, you could at least make it accurate.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

there have been dozens of condi metas. even though your reply doesn’t seem to be serious, you could at least make it accurate.

More the reason to nerf that heal. Just think about all the poor condition thieves, warriors and cele engineers we killed. Horrible, just horrible. No kappa.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Currently testing our other heals, I very likely won’t be using CoCo anymore if they work out.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m thinking Well of Blood will be the optimal choice in PvE due to the DPS boost from Vampiric Rituals and the cooldown reduction. That said, I hate the light field.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m thinking Well of Blood will be the optimal choice in PvE due to the DPS boost from Vampiric Rituals and the cooldown reduction. That said, I hate the light field.

What about the SoV?

EverythingOP

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

CC sucks with 10 stacks of vulnerability upon usage. But looks like I’m gonna have to get used to popping DS right afterwards. Because CC is still the best heal we have, and a great way to get rid of a lot of conditions at once.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What about the SoV?

In PvE you’ll never take Signets of Suffering because Close to Death is too important. As a result, you won’t want to run Signet of Vampirism.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

More the reason to nerf that heal. Just think about all the poor condition thieves, warriors and cele engineers we killed. Horrible, just horrible. No kappa.

yes, more of a reason to do it now instead of the other times.
sadly that’s not how arms races work.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

What about the SoV?

Bwahahahahahahahha!

Great one.

SoV

You kidder, you.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What about the SoV?

Bwahahahahahahahha!

Great one.

SoV

You kidder, you.

If you’re looking for DPS on a heal skill, it’s by far the strongest skill in the game for that purpose.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

What about the SoV?

Bwahahahahahahahha!

Great one.

SoV

You kidder, you.

If you’re looking for DPS on a heal skill, it’s by far the strongest skill in the game for that purpose.

And with Signet mastery it gives you might and corrupts 2 boons too.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.1204

Tim.1204

+1 for “remove the boon”

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mahalleinir.4073

Mahalleinir.4073

with dagger offhand, Deathly Swarm and Plague Signet you can transfer condi’s to someone else 5 times in a minute, 6 if you’re using plague sending and get condi’d enough.

I don’t see how getting any condition on yourself temporarily is a nerf, its just more ammunition.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.1204

Tim.1204

For wvw-players, its a nerv

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I don’t see how getting any condition on yourself temporarily is a nerf, its just more ammunition.

You don’t want to transfer 4 seconds of Vulnerability with a transfer skills, as it’s too short.. But you’ll take 10% more damage right after you healed, so you’re probably focused.. Good luck to use it as “ammunition”.

BTW transferring Blind is working or you’re getting those nice Misses?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

Why in the name of all that is unholy would a skill called Consume Conditions designed to remove conditions from your character give your character conditions. With this change Necros officially have no useful heal skill.

I don’t knwo who’s ******* idea it was. but this is the most stupid change i ever seen to healing skill in every mmo i ever played.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I don’t knwo who’s ******* idea it was. but this is the most stupid change i ever seen to healing skill in every mmo i ever played.

They didn’t even tried, they can do it much better!
Smiter’s Boon for ya! :P

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

What about the SoV?

Bwahahahahahahahha!

Great one.

SoV

You kidder, you.

Pretty much. I tried SoV in PvE and I haven’t gone back to Consume Conditions since. Necros already struggle to push any major damage out compared to a half-decent Warrior or Mesmer who knows their full rotation, so basically having free might for using your heal or Locust is nice. Plus, SoS makes Blood Bond proc more often which is neato.

I might try Well of Blood as well, but I won’t kitten until I’ve fully tried out the changes.

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

What about the SoV?

Bwahahahahahahahha!

Great one.

SoV

You kidder, you.

Pretty much. I tried SoV in PvE and I haven’t gone back to Consume Conditions since. Necros already struggle to push any major damage out compared to a half-decent Warrior or Mesmer who knows their full rotation, so basically having free might for using your heal or Locust is nice. Plus, SoS makes Blood Bond proc more often which is neato.

I might try Well of Blood as well, but I won’t kitten until I’ve fully tried out the changes.

Off-Topic: Mesmer rotations aren’t a thing.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

just cause they added self Condi on use doesn’t mean it’s nerfed . cc with dagger offhand 4 skill and if traited for the stack of toughness upon giving vulnerability to a foe is how it’s suppose to be used now. do you people not test stuff before you post?

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

just cause they added self Condi on use doesn’t mean it’s nerfed . cc with dagger offhand 4 skill and if traited for the stack of toughness upon giving vulnerability to a foe is how it’s suppose to be used now. do you people not test stuff before you post?

Actually, that’s exactly what a nerf is: making it worse than it was before. Before it didn’t give a condition, now it does. That’s worse. Also, the cooldown was increased by 5 seconds. That’s worse.

And for the thousandth time: Just because a Necromancer can transfer the conditions does not mean that it is good that it is forced to transfer the conditions as a penalty for healing. It didn’t need to be tested, because we understand game mechanics. Necro has been far and away the easiest kill in my PvP games today.

After healing, you will only have the Vuln (and blind if you took the trait) which means you will be wasting a transfer to save yourself from burst. This is bad gameplay. It doesn’t really matter, because I just wait until after the Necro pops its heal, then stun, burst, win.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Kotte.2460

I only gave half the combo to you. SO stop qqing about it and find a new way to use it. you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

Agreed. CC is now ridiculous. Who in their right mind would heal for an 10% incoming damage?! CC makes 100% more sense as a spectral skill than corruption. Gg anet. At least make other heals worth a kitten . For instance change SoV from heal from being hit to hitting or rework the active…

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Kotte.2460

overselling it. nah. if you see the potential of it. why is 99% of necrosis crying bout it. do you,know what build I’m even talking,bout

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

overselling it. nah. if you see the potential of it. why is 99% of necrosis crying bout it. do you,know what build I’m even talking,bout

Because the potential of it sucks horribly! You are advocating using weak utilities combined with using our transfers just to prevent dying from our own skills.

Think about that.

I’m a Geeleiver

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

And then I’ve used that “wonderful synergy trait” and used a heal skill… both 10 stacks of vuln and a blind on me. After “consuming” conditions. I guess it wasn’t that hungry :P

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Breedlove.1245

Breedlove.1245

A nerf would mean the healing of the skill would suck. They didnt nerf anything about that. It still works just as intended. And speced with Corruption its on a 20sec cooldown. Your all literally gonna complain about a 4s condition that doesnt hurt you unless someone or something is attacking you. I actually enjoy the extra condis. Just Putrid Mark it all away or Shroud it all away. Its really a simple task. I mean come on.

Did you come here to kill? Or did you come here to die?

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

A nerf would mean the healing of the skill would suck. They didnt nerf anything about that. It still works just as intended. And speced with Corruption its on a 20sec cooldown. Your all literally gonna complain about a 4s condition that doesnt hurt you unless someone or something is attacking you. I actually enjoy the extra condis. Just Putrid Mark it all away or Shroud it all away. Its really a simple task. I mean come on.

To be fair, “someone or something is attacking you” is a fairly common occurrence in Guild Wars 2. So.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Breedlove.1245

Its still a very easy thing to get rid of for us. I dont even use it in PvP, so yeah im not really getting attacked constantly, so i can take the 4s if i really need to. And this skill wouldnt even make sense as a spectral, so idk why that idea is being thrown around.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Breedlove.1245

The fact that so many Necromancers are crying over 4s of Vul is ridiculous. We should just be happy we still have it get rid of ALL conditions on us still, like so many other classes dont have.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

The fact that so many Necromancers are crying over 4s of Vul is ridiculous. We should just be happy we still have it get rid of ALL conditions on us still, like so many other classes dont have.

I was playing in a PvP match … and as usual, being focused by 2 opponents .. an engi and a n other. I found myself with a tonful of condi on me .. no problem: a ‘quick’ Consume (LOL – quick! ) .. and they instantly re-applied. Before I had a chance to transfer (which was the plan in my head), I was down. The 10 stacks of Vul really, really didn’t help! :-(

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

You mean they could’ve nerfed it even more? Ofc they can.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Let put 5 type of DOT condition on CC and call it a buff because we are going to send it to enemy.

All is vain.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

I’m glad that I decided on release day that my necromancer had to be a human. Dwayna Blessing now is my main healing skill for PvE.

By the way, whoever has the guts to defend this epic fail of change on Consume Conditions and call it a buff because we “can” transfer the condis hasn’t played necromancer more than 30 minutes or is simply trolling.

~ The light of a new day

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

What about the SoV?

In PvE you’ll never take Signets of Suffering because Close to Death is too important. As a result, you won’t want to run Signet of Vampirism.

Also they increased the cast time of SoV. Not sure why they felt the need to nerf it. SoV used to be alright for PvE because its low cast time meant it was the heal that provided the lowest DPS loss when cast. Dont believe thats true anymore.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

What about the SoV?

Also they increased the cast time of SoV. Not sure why they felt the need to nerf it. SoV used to be alright for PvE because its low cast time meant it was the heal that provided the lowest DPS loss when cast. Dont believe thats true anymore.

Mhh when did the increase in castime happen? Wasnt it 1,25 seconds since the beginning?

I know there was a datamined version with a 1 second casttime but that version was never in the actual game as far as i can remember.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Believe it was less than 1 second a while back. I thought the change happened this patch because i remember seeing something in one of the old proposed balance changes. Maybe im just losing my mind though.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rakatan.4561

Rakatan.4561

I can’t comprehend the tought procces which led to adding condition to a skill that supposed to cleanse those. CD increase, ok, nerf the only decent skill you left us, but punishing healing makes no sense.
It was a perfectly fine skill and got screwed up (like axe autoattack, nice work btw ingnoring the forums begging for a decent animation instead the new disgusting buggy one, instead instead fixing the bug (after WEEKS) and keeping the worst looking animation in the whole game)
Also can’t understand Master of corruption trait.
So i take it and i’m master of corruption spells. Which means if I use one i hurt myself even more then before without any benefit except i can hurt myself more often………

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Believe it was less than 1 second a while back. I thought the change happened this patch because i remember seeing something in one of the old proposed balance changes. Maybe im just losing my mind though.

Since it was released, it was 1.25 seconds.

I’m a Geeleiver

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

My warped imagination then. Thanks for the clarification.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

… I dont even use it in PvP…

This is why you aren’t having problems with it. In PvP combat 4s is a very long time.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I honestly haven’t been using it. Each time I do I just feel really bad for using it. I’ve been using well of blood mostly as its got a 2 second difference with the vampiric ritual trait and the valn REALLY REALLY hurts! I mean, you might as well not heal at all it hurts so much.

And If I’m not using Well of Blood and I’m using a condi build without Blood magic I take Prayer of Dwayna. For PvP? If your going to run condi I’d suggest running a signet build and forgetting about using CC entirely. Signet of vampirism may not be that great but at least you can get a few of its triggers while in DS if you really need the healing.

(edited by Lily.1935)

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: veldrenor.1469

veldrenor.1469

Also can’t understand Master of corruption trait.
So i take it and i’m master of corruption spells. Which means if I use one i hurt myself even more then before without any benefit except i can hurt myself more often………

Hurting ourselves more often isn’t the only benefit Master of Corruption provides, the other benefit is that we hurt ourselves even more than before. Depending on your build:
The extra conditions fuel healing from Spiteful Renewal.
They make it even easier to trigger Plague Sending.
They’re more ammo to throw at your foes with Deathly Swarm (which you can do more often if you take Quickened Thirst).
They’re more ammo to throw at your foes with Plague Signet (which you can do more often if you take Signets of Suffering).

And if the extra conditions are really a problem, there’s also Shrouded Removal and Necromantic Corruption to strip them off. Obviously you can’t use all of these traits at the same time, but there are options. Master of Corruption in its current state has some lovely benefits, including knocking Consume Conditions’ cooldown to 20 seconds. I agree, though, that the 10 stacks of vulnerability from Consume Conditions are really stupid. A healing skill that immediately puts the user in a potentially lethal situation is ridiculous. If CC gave you some condition other than vulnerability, though, I could get behind that. Imagine coming out of your heal with a couple stacks of Torment to fling at the nearest foe.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

And If I’m not using Well of Blood and I’m using a condi build without Blood magic I take Prayer of Dwayna. For PvP? If your going to run condi I’d suggest running a signet build and forgetting about using CC entirely. Signet of vampirism may not be that great but at least you can get a few of its triggers while in DS if you really need the healing.

The change of the active working through DS, plus it being buffed by 20% baseline made it a decent heal. I wouldn’t say it is a great skill, but I’ve been enjoying using it, if they just fixed the stupid passive I’d love it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Why would you put conditions on a heal skill that removes conditions? To put you into battle so necro’s can stay in the fight longer? To allow you to transfer the condition after you have just removed all the other conditions that you could have transfered instead? Or to give enemies another chance if they failed to interrupt a heal that’s got over a second cast time?

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Switched between Consume conditions and SoV, today. CC vulnerability does not last too long but it does cause a significant delay to getting out of combat. SoV is better than it was but is still bad except when I use it for group dps, in whichis case even I cannot tell if it is doing any damage. SoV certainly did not heal much in my build. Plan to test it on a healing build soon. Wells from yesterday seemed better.

Transfusion still does group support better than any other skill on Necro. Was giving 4k heals with celestial.

Consume Conditions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

The change of the active working through DS, plus it being buffed by 20% baseline made it a decent heal. I wouldn’t say it is a great skill, but I’ve been enjoying using it, if they just fixed the stupid passive I’d love it.

I’m fully aware of those changes. I’m personally not a fan. But that’s just me. If I was to use the signet build I’d pick that. If CC worked like it used to there isn’t a question in my mind about which one I’d choose. Old CC any day.