Consume Conditions Spectral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

It would be nice if instead of gaining additional health with each condition consumed, we gained life force instead.

Warrior has “To the limit!” for adrenaline gain on heal already. It would be nice to have another skill to restore life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

The new healing skill for reapers is filling this role:
“Your soul is mine!” – healing, damaging foes and giving life force for each foe struck

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

“Your soul is mine!” may fill the role, but it functions differently and CC as a corruption makes no sense gameplay or thematically. It’s also exclusive to those who purchase HoT. Consume Conditions should be either spectral or non-typed (like Shelter).

If it’s really such a big deal one way to make it different would be to make it give LF over a period of time, with each condition consumed extending the duration. Spectral trait would extend the duration further.
Maybe the effect would be cancelled on entry, so CC would grant more LF but it’d be riskier and take longer than just using “Your soul is mine!”.
Personally I still think Consume Conditions should still grant extra health for each condition consumed if this were the case.

Jesusmancer

(edited by The Wizland.8435)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

If it’s really such a big deal one way to make it different would be to make it give LF over a period of time, with each condition consumed extending the duration. Spectral trait would extend the duration further.
Maybe the effect would be cancelled on entry, so CC would grant more LF but it’d be riskier and take longer than just using “Your soul is mine!”.
Personally I still think Consume Conditions should still grant extra health for each condition consumed if this were the case.

Your suggestion is that CC will be a full condition remove, giving extra health for each condition removed and life force too? If this would be the case then there is no reason to take “Your soul is mine!”, because CC is better in every single way: giving life force too, remove all conditions while YSIM isn’t removing single one as long as you don’t use trooper runes and it isn’t healing as much as CC.

The point is that if another healing skill is providing life force in line with other advantages then YSIM has to be reworked completely too.

And I disagree that CC doesn’t fit a corruption skill thematically: corruptions whole concept is about conditions and so is CCs. But I don’t see why it should be spectral, because it doesn’t share single thing with other spectral skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

CoCo is still Necromancer’s best heal and the reduction in self-inflicted vulnerability helps just a tiny bit. The 4s blind with Master of Corruption is more of a problem but, if you are using Curses in your build, you might well be running OH dagger and/or staff for a transfer. If you use Curses mostly for weakness, you may also run WoP or Plague Signet, too. There are ways to turn that blind into an advantage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Your suggestion is that CC will be a full condition remove, giving extra health for each condition removed and life force too? If this would be the case then there is no reason to take “Your soul is mine!”, because CC is better in every single way: giving life force too, remove all conditions while YSIM isn’t removing single one as long as you don’t use trooper runes and it isn’t healing as much as CC.

The point is that if another healing skill is providing life force in line with other advantages then YSIM has to be reworked completely too.

And I disagree that CC doesn’t fit a corruption skill thematically: corruptions whole concept is about conditions and so is CCs. But I don’t see why it should be spectral, because it doesn’t share single thing with other spectral skills.

Corruptions apply conditions to you. I use condition clears to remove them, not apply them. It makes even less sense to be a corruption than a spectral. With a spectral it at least makes sense that you’re converting the conditions to LF. And I gave a reason to use YSIM with my suggestion, the LF from CC would be given over a period of time and cancelled if you enter DS, meaning you have to stay out of DS for the duration. I would prefer if it was a non-typed skill anyway.

Jesusmancer