Posted by: bulauchenka.5382

bulauchenka.5382

Almost in every game mod necro IS bad.

DS :
a) #1 auto is slow and weak
b) #4 has no dmg at all, bad with healing power scaling

It would be great to improve DS:
a) #2 teleport forward if used without target
b) #4 Arena.net please do whatever u want. Just to it. It would not get worse then now.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Well I’d say the main problem with core necro is its lack of stability, which was a problem in the base game, but far far worse with HoT. #4 could easily be given stability on use for the duration, maybe 2 or 3 stacks?

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

it would be cool if elite specs had access to core shroud btw.
berserker can still use f1 core abilities and reaper can’t.
give core shroud #2 a teleport aoe targeted and add f2 for elite spec shroud.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

DS :

Weak? Debatable.
Slow? Definitely.

I’m sure you’re refering to the hit rate of Life Blast in general, but it would already vastly improve the skill if they shortened the cast time but in turn increased the aftercast delay.
So basically, this would allow you to cast the first Life Blast faster without changing the skill overall. Plus, since it’s a Shroud skill, you couldn’t exploit by stowing weapons to speed it up.

Healing power scaling? Are you refering to Transfusion?
If yes, that trait actually scales rather well. Also, it’s the same for both Shrouds.

That would be an awesome change.

Well I’d say the main problem with core necro is its lack of stability

Correct.

1. could easily be given stability on use for the duration, maybe 2 or 3 stacks?

It would be almost useless on #4.
Tainted Shackles should get stability.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

problem with core is DS. 4 needs a major change, 2 needs to be ground targeted and faster, 5 needs increased damage / condi amount, and 1 needs halved cast time. do need stab somewhere though, dunno where

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Shackles should get stability (3 Stacks at least) and ds4 should pulse a conditon, perhaps confusion or posion

Currently death shroud sucks because 4 isnt condition applying.

Also shackles needs a much lower cd as does ds2.

Even with these changes ds is way worse than repear shroud.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Shackles should get stability (3 Stacks at least) and ds4 should pulse a conditon, perhaps confusion or posion

Currently death shroud sucks because 4 isnt condition applying.

Also shackles needs a much lower cd as does ds2.

Even with these changes ds is way worse than repear shroud.

I’m still of the mind to allow Reaper to use both shrouds, though with the following rules:
Both shrouds pull from the same life force pool. They both have the same cooldown (so no hopping from one to the other without first going through the 10 second cooldown). All respective skills have the same cooldown (this would almost mean reducing #4 and #5 ds to 30s cd).

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

problem with core is DS. 4 needs a major change, 2 needs to be ground targeted and faster, 5 needs increased damage / condi amount, and 1 needs halved cast time. do need stab somewhere though, dunno where

Stability has to be on 5 to allow you to do stuff whilst you have it. I agree with your analysis though. 5 could just have a much lower cd rather than increased damage

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

But who will buy HOT then?
We got promised a good melee dps and we got 2, so we have total of 3 melee power weaponsets to use – all of which are still bad (PVE vise)

Joke aside they just need to copy what already works
-some small stab during one of the channels, could even be 4 as its a rezz but id prefer being 5 and 4 getting a condi, its 2 less stacks vs reaper spin anyway
-a faster auto, dps stays same but less clunk – blinds are basically 1.5s stuns for this

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

DS 2, 4, and 5 need to be reworked. None of them are even worth the time it takes to cast them.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

DS 2, 4, and 5 need to be reworked. None of them are even worth the time it takes to cast them.

2 isnt bad

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

2 isnt bad

DS 2 is bad on anything that isn’t a Core NPC mob.

It’s connection rate is horrendous, and the projectile is so slow as to make the value of the teleport questionable.

YouTube

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

2 isnt bad

It’s connection rate is horrendous, and the projectile is so slow as to make the value of the teleport questionable.

Honestly the connection rate is much better than rs2. I would say i hit close to 100% of ds2 when i played pre hot

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

2 isnt bad

Honestly the connection rate is much better than rs2. I would say i hit close to 100% of ds2 when i played pre hot

Agreed. While rs2 is far better as a gap closer for general use, it has a habit of shooting off in random directions at times. The speed on ds 2 could be improved though.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

One problem with DS is that almost all of its damage potential scales with power on Life Blast. Life Transfer is also power-based, iirc.

Only Torment and the optional Dhuumfire and Terror do condition damage so bleed builds see a larger dps reduction in DS than power builds.

In addition to the weaker LF generation on sceptre, going into DS is a lot like giving your opponent a respite from damage.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

2 isnt bad

Agreed. While rs2 is far better as a gap closer for general use, it has a habit of shooting off in random directions at times. The speed on ds 2 could be improved though.

Properly using it is all it takes. I would love to see the velocity increased but the fact that it’s unblockable and applies Chill is really nice. Can’t tell you how many times in a day it allows me to win my fights against Dragonhunter’s or Warriors by keeping me on top of them when they want me to stay away.

Overall, Necromancer is, obviously, much weaker than Reaper, but it’s not terrible. It just takes a bit more discipline. And I still love vanilla Necro dearly.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

One problem with DS is that almost all of its damage potential scales with power on Life Blast. Life Transfer is also power-based, iirc.

Only Torment and the optional Dhuumfire and Terror do condition damage so bleed builds see a larger dps reduction in DS than power builds.

There is bleeding on Dark Path.

Also, with Barbed Precision Life Transfer can actually inflict a few stacks of bleeding.
It would do so even more reliably before the specialization rework in June 2015. Back then Barbed Precision had a 66% proc chance instead of 33%.

But this is part of the problem with Death Shroud:
Its balance (if there ever was one…) is stuck in 2015 or even earlier.
There hasn’t been any buff to Death Shroud since, except for a baseline piercing Life Blast.

Reaper’s Shroud, however, and the chill/bleed traits in the Reaper specialization are not only innately stronger for condition builds, but almost every core trait that interacts with Shroud skills has way better synnergy with Reaper’s Shroud.

Bottom line:
When the power creep creeped its way through HoT, Death Shroud was simply left behind and now it is long overdue for several significant buffs.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

It makes sense to buff core DS as it adds to build diversity. Necro is one of the only classes that didnt receive a strict upgrade to its core profession in HOT. RS replaced DS rather than added to it. Contrast this with classes like mesmer which simply received an extra skill.

As such, it would help alot if these changes to DS were made. Most agree with them:
1, Add stability and reduce the cd of DS#5
2, Add a pulsing condition to DS#4, also reduce its cd a little
3, Reduce the cd slighlty of DS#2

Anything less than this is pointless.

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

You always gets value out of RS2.

You only ever get value out of DS2 if it connects.

RS2 still connects better either way. Had a rev last match walk out of DS2. Never have that crap happen with RS2. RS2 is a proper mobility skill, DS2 is just plain crap.

YouTube

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

It makes sense to buff core DS as it adds to build diversity. Necro is one of the only classes that didnt receive a strict upgrade to its core profession in HOT. RS replaced DS rather than added to it. Contrast this with classes like mesmer which simply received an extra skill.

As such, it would help alot if these changes to DS were made. Most agree with them:
1, Add stability and reduce the cd of DS#5
2, Add a pulsing condition to DS#4, also reduce its cd a little
3, Reduce the cd slighlty of DS#2

Anything less than this is pointless.

Dragonhunter is also a replace, changing the Guardian’s active virtues. Like with Reaper, most people think the alternative is considerably better than their base and see very little reason to willingly use the normal ones ever again.

As far as build diversity goes though, about the only professions that I see regularly run as a core is Engineer, as Scrapper offers little if you aren’t using Hammer or Gyros and pretty much nothing for condition builds, or Ranger, though the latter I think is more of a misconception some (including me for a while) have thinking the spec is only good for healing.

Not to say I wouldn’t like to see core DS buffed, especially since I kinda hope that not all future Necro specs simply replace DS, and don’t want them to be kitten compared to Reaper because of it.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Almost in every game mod necro IS bad.

DS :

It would be great to improve DS:
b) #4 Arena.net please do whatever u want. Just to it. It would not get worse then now.

1) Actually the DS auto attack deals much more dmg than any of your other auto attack, it also pierces 5 targets. Compared with your staff auto attack (also pierces and is ranged) DS1 deals almost double dmg.

Even putrid mark deals less dmg than DS1.

2) Life transfer is an excellent utility skill for taging mobs, it sustains your Life Force very nicely so it can be used for more survivability. 750/s heals isnt too shabby (with 0 healing power), it also teleports all downed allies to you and rezzes them for 18% which is quite a lot to do on multiple downed players.

Again, its a utility skill, not a burst/heavy dps skill

3) DS2 would be cool if it was a ground target tp, but im sure people would complain about it being a slooow projectile moving tp, or that sometimes it also misses the target cause of it. Im not sure how else do you think for it to be a no targed tp.. aiming?

4) Demanding anet to do whatever to a skill cause “it cant get worse” without providing any sort of suggestion…yea..

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

DS1 is still quality – I’ve 2 shot thieves in WvW with it before. Would take less damage for faster cast, ie underwater DS1.

DS3 is awesome.

DS4 & 5 both have their place, but could use some improvements.

DS2 is terrible – it’s so slow. It fits the Slowcromancer theme i suppose.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

bulauchenka.5382

>>> Vukorep.3081 3) DS2 would be cool if it was a ground target tp, but im sure people would complain about it being a slooow projectile moving tp, or that sometimes it also misses the target cause of it. Im not sure how else do you think for it to be a no targed tp.. aiming?
Ground targeting is too strong upgrade for DS2. It should teleport in that direction even if u miss. DS2 some time just steped away in PVP… cb out of distance /dodge /terrarian problem…

>>>>Vukorep.3081 Actually the DS auto attack deals much more dmg than any of your other auto attack…. Even putrid mark deals less dmg than DS1.
Realy ?! Isn’t any Rander/Warrior deal more dmg just with LB? Why i have to commulate LF do deal less dps?
Putrid mark is utility skill with awsm effect not a dps skill with rather long CD.
Am I wrong?

>>>>>flow.6043 … Healing power scaling? Are you refering to Transfusion?
If yes, that trait actually scales rather well. Also, it’s the same for both Shrouds.

Yap just try DS4 vs RS4.
RS4 combo finisher! CC(+blead) in Ice, Burn in fire. Its so great in any scenario!
RS4 do alot of dmg.
RS4 heals better!!!
Now lets look closer at DS4… yap its utility effect, its easy interrupt healing…

Core necro is terrible

in Necromancer

bulauchenka.5382

>>>>> Avigrus.2871 DS1 is still quality – I’ve 2 shot thieves in WvW with it before. Would take less damage for faster cast, ie underwater DS1.

2 thieves 1lvl(up to lvl 80)? Can it be? in WvW? EoTM karma trains? ok
Try to do the same in rancked PVP even in bronse. And post video pls.
<(^_^)>
I do kill ppl with staff1 on core guard.