Corrosive Poison cloud Gush!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

So I just want to gush over this skill for a bit because the changes they’ve made to it have been just… OMG! Everything about the changes to this skill just makes the nerdy fan girl in my squee so hard!

Talk about missing utility that we really needed. I am super happy that arena net took this suggestion and rolled with it. (now if only they’d also roll with my death’s charge projectile destruction suggestion as well) But by Grenth this is an awesome skill. Its basically your swiss army knife of Corruptions. Its fantastic. It slices, it dices, it will even cook you a sandwich and walk your dog. Well maybe not, but still! its awesome none the less.

The poison duration and changes to how it stacks is just great. I could get about 8 stacks from this while before I couldn’t get past 3 unless I was going heavy into poison duration. It also hinders foes trying to attack you in melee, causing weakness which is just icing. And foes can’t even snipe you for the duration which makes it hit both melee and ranged rather well. Oh! did I mention its ground targeted? Yeah, because that’s a thing. I can drop this on an ally who’s surrounded and hinder the melee foes and stop the ranged foes from killing them, giving me time to save them. Or just put up my death bubble around my foe. If I have 2 necromancers in a party with a chronomancer with alacrity sharing we can straight up invalidate fire shaman’s attacks with almost perfect cloud up time. oh, the lava elementals are giving us a problem? NOPE! Poison clouds everywhere!

Thank you arena net for taking mine and other’s suggestion to make this a projectile block. I will use it to great effect.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Citizen.3869

Citizen.3869

Can confirm.

As a WvW Necro, I always felt this skill was good already, but mostly against melee. Was almost useless against ranged (which is most of the meta, atm) so the projectile destruction is exactly what it needed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It is finally useful for something other than a weak area denial.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I also found out last night while doing fractals that you can block unblockable projectiles with it, such as Mai Trin cannon phase. That seems a bit broken, but I thought it was fun. :p

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I will say I don’t think we needed the duration nerf, BUT, me and my friend duo’d Arah last night on our necros and we just so enjoyed fighting Lupi with CpC. Just seeing his projectiles fizzle out before they got to us was amazing. It was no speed run mind you and we had some hiccups but overall it was very nice and very chill, and in the end, so long as I get my gold and tokens I’m happy.

I love the changes, CpC I think is now my fav skill and can’t wait to use it with reaper. Now if we could just find a use for well of darkness.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

So I just want to gush over this skill for a bit because the changes they’ve made to it have been just… OMG! Everything about the changes to this skill just makes the nerdy fan girl in my squee so hard!

Talk about missing utility that we really needed. I am super happy that arena net took this suggestion and rolled with it. (now if only they’d also roll with my death’s charge projectile destruction suggestion as well) But by Grenth this is an awesome skill. Its basically your swiss army knife of Corruptions. Its fantastic. It slices, it dices, it will even cook you a sandwich and walk your dog. Well maybe not, but still! its awesome none the less.

The poison duration and changes to how it stacks is just great. I could get about 8 stacks from this while before I couldn’t get past 3 unless I was going heavy into poison duration. It also hinders foes trying to attack you in melee, causing weakness which is just icing. And foes can’t even snipe you for the duration which makes it hit both melee and ranged rather well. Oh! did I mention its ground targeted? Yeah, because that’s a thing. I can drop this on an ally who’s surrounded and hinder the melee foes and stop the ranged foes from killing them, giving me time to save them. Or just put up my death bubble around my foe. If I have 2 necromancers in a party with a chronomancer with alacrity sharing we can straight up invalidate fire shaman’s attacks with almost perfect cloud up time. oh, the lava elementals are giving us a problem? NOPE! Poison clouds everywhere!

Thank you arena net for taking mine and other’s suggestion to make this a projectile block. I will use it to great effect.

I don’t know your exact suggestion, but Deaths Charge does destroy projectiles as of last BWE.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I don’t know your exact suggestion, but Deaths Charge does destroy projectiles as of last BWE.

They did! I must have missed that. OMG! that’s awesome

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I also found out last night while doing fractals that you can block unblockable projectiles with it, such as Mai Trin cannon phase. That seems a bit broken, but I thought it was fun. :p

I believe you can do this with all projectile destructions. It isn’t a block, it actually destroys the projectile before it hits you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

554852kitten.1705:

I believe you can do this with all projectile destructions. It isn’t a block, it actually destroys the projectile before it hits you.

Siege weapons are immune, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

This change was much needed.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

Weird, cause everyone else in my guild insists that other projectile absorptions and reflects don’t work against those projectiles. Guess I might have to get on my thief and try to see how smoke screen works in comparison.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Weird, cause everyone else in my guild insists that other projectile absorptions and reflects don’t work against those projectiles. Guess I might have to get on my thief and try to see how smoke screen works in comparison.

Many of them used to, but don’t anymore. I am entirely certain that CPC blocking the normally unblockable projectiles is unintended and will be fixed in the next bug fix round. It is not critical enough that it will get hotfixed, though.

That said, I love the new CPC a lot. I wish the special effect would be updated to look like the Toxic Alliance krait AOE field, but that can happen later. Functionally it’s great right now.

The only thing I absolutely hate is the self-weakness. Seriously, any other condition, but weakness is crippling to DPS and has to be cleansed immediately or you cannot even capitalize on the projectile destruction.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

554883kitten.1705:

Many of them used to, but don’t anymore. I am entirely certain that CPC blocking the normally unblockable projectiles is unintended and will be fixed in the next bug fix round. It is not critical enough that it will get hotfixed, though.

That said, I love the new CPC a lot. I wish the special effect would be updated to look like the Toxic Alliance krait AOE field, but that can happen later. Functionally it’s great right now.

The only thing I absolutely hate is the self-weakness. Seriously, any other condition, but weakness is crippling to DPS and has to be cleansed immediately or you cannot even capitalize on the projectile destruction.

Should poison. ALso, taking it with master of corrupting cripples you litterally. Which is just worse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

joins in the gushing

Doesn’t compare to the soon-to-be gushing wounds of our enemies though! =D

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

554883kitten.1705:

Soldier build. CPC as area denial. Weakness doesn’t matter when you have no crit chance

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

554883kitten.1705:

Soldier build. CPC as area denial. Weakness doesn’t matter when you have no crit chance

Glancing blows still do 50% less damage.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

554883kitten.1705:

Yea, I absolutely agree about the special effect. Most of the time when I used it my team mates didn’t know I had it up. I probably wouldn’t either if I wasn’t the one that placed it. It just looks like another combo field, and just sort of blends in with your wells if you use those too.

As for the weakness, I’ve been saving my Consume Conditions just so I can cleanse right after I cast CPC… but I agree, I’d rather have any other condition so cleansing wouldn’t be as crucial.

[qT] Necro main.

(edited by OlliX.1705)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

554852kitten.1705:

Oh how I miss the days of feedback on siege weaponry……

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

For the first time ever I swapped out fear wall for this util in WvW. It worked pretty well, although self weakness is the suck, and added cripple when you take MoC is even worse. I can’t say it’ll stay perm on my bar, but it worked well during my tests last night in WvW ZvZ. I likely have to swap between this and fear wall still, because fear wall is just that good in WvW and doesn’t give you negative effects.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

CPC is very good but people cant see the effect on the ground. Its should be something like this (http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/img_b07_thumb3.jpg) in green.

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

CPC is very good but people cant see the effect on the ground. Its should be something like this (http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/img_b07_thumb3.jpg) in green.

Yup, that’s pretty much exactly how I’d like to picture it in my head. In green of course.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

This was a really smart change. Projectile reflect/destruction has become too important in too many game modes to allow the Necro to continue to exist without it, and it makes a heck of a lot of sense to put it on CPC.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Tyring CPC on a bunkerish settlers MoC build and I’m actually doing more condi damage per game than a carrion build that doesn’t use CPC. I think I’m in love.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

554883kitten.1705:

I would so like “the ultimate destroying” to not be a bug and be something that only necros can do. Too bad it would trivialize some encounters too much probably. Still a great change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

554883kitten.1705:

Should poison. ALso, taking it with master of corrupting cripples you litterally. Which is just worse.

I feel like corruptions should force you to sacrifice health, instead of applying conditions to you.

Then you could mess with traits that do things like reduce the amount of health you sacrifice, or do things to enemies (conditions etc.) when you sacrifice health.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I really hope they don’t nerf this for fractals. I just ran it and it was the most fun I had in the Mai Trin fight. I actually got to protect myself and allies.

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

I really hope they don’t nerf this for fractals. I just ran it and it was the most fun I had in the Mai Trin fight. I actually got to protect myself and allies.

Considering how common projectile reflects and destroyers are, I don’t think us having one skill that has it on a long cooldown will be all that big a problem.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Considering how common projectile reflects and destroyers are, I don’t think us having one skill that has it on a long cooldown will be all that big a problem.

Reflects don’t work on Mai Trin during the cannon phase.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I know I’m only around periodically, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lily happy about Necro things. It’s truly a treat to see people get excited about things.

Also, I’m super glad to hear this change is operating as awesomely as I hoped when I read it. I’m looking forward to coming back to my Necro in the expac.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I know I’m only around periodically, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lily happy about Necro things. It’s truly a treat to see people get excited about things.

Also, I’m super glad to hear this change is operating as awesomely as I hoped when I read it. I’m looking forward to coming back to my Necro in the expac.

I’m not a negative person. I try to be critical about what I’m saying. Though sometimes I just need to vent and I think we can all agree that that happens some times. I do post positively from time to time intentionally because I’m a human being. Not some rage machine. I’m generally a fairly calm and bubbly person. If you really get to know me.

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Reflects don’t work on Mai Trin during the cannon phase.

Ah, you meant during the cannon phase. Do they block the shots but not bounce them back, or do they do nothing? And do projectile destruction effects normally block the cannon shots?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m not a negative person. I try to be critical about what I’m saying. Though sometimes I just need to vent and I think we can all agree that that happens some times. I do post positively from time to time intentionally because I’m a human being. Not some rage machine. I’m generally a fairly calm and bubbly person. If you really get to know me.

I totally believe you’re a calm and bubbly person. I just always enjoy seeing when people who I’ve personally seen be mostly critical in times past on the Necro forums (again, I could have easily missed some/most of your posts) show excitement. To me, that says ANet really did something right.

Plus, in some of the responses to the changes, I kept thinking “Wait, did no one read the CPC changes?” Then I saw this thread and wanted to give kudos. So kudos.

I can’t wait to play around with this skill personally.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

CPC destroying projectiles entering was the most positive change, for me, in the entire list.

I was disappointed with how minor the change to scepter was and not terribly excited by axe, either.

CPC’s entirely new function is the most interesting balance update of the month.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I totally believe you’re a calm and bubbly person. I just always enjoy seeing when people who I’ve personally seen be mostly critical in times past on the Necro forums (again, I could have easily missed some/most of your posts) show excitement. To me, that says ANet really did something right.

Plus, in some of the responses to the changes, I kept thinking “Wait, did no one read the CPC changes?” Then I saw this thread and wanted to give kudos. So kudos.

I can’t wait to play around with this skill personally.

Oh, its been allot of fun. In fractals especially. Its hard not to justify taking it in there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I was already using CPC in BWE2 to whirl out those poison bolts. Now it’s going to be even better.

Is it Friday yet?

Or the 23rd?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

and that was it for well of darkness

may it rest in pieces

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

eh not feeling it in sPvP, but LOVE it in WvW and PvE! Gonna test if it works in the dredge testing facility during its cannon phase

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

and that was it for well of darkness

may it rest in pieces

Actually an extremely cool suggestion was made for Well of darkness to cause a debuff on foes in its area so they can’t block incoming attacks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

554852kitten.1705:

Oh how I miss the days of feedback on siege weaponry……

Hey there is someone on the Cannon ontop of this wall, let’s test something… Feedback on the Cannon > Cannon shoots once and is immediately destroyed

Yes those were glory Days indeed. But I preferred intercepting Trebuchet Shots with Guardians/Eles.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

eh not feeling it in sPvP, but LOVE it in WvW and PvE! Gonna test if it works in the dredge testing facility during its cannon phase

The Projectiles in the Molten Facility are not unblockable like the Cannons at Mai Trin.

You can use every single Reflect and Projectile Block against the Tornadoes and Fireballs. That is the reason why Ventari is so awesome there with his 20s Bubble.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

The Projectiles in the Molten Facility are not unblockable like the Cannons at Mai Trin.

You can use every single Reflect and Projectile Block against the Tornadoes and Fireballs. That is the reason why Ventari is so awesome there with his 20s Bubble.

TY ^.^