Corrupt Boon

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Does not care how many stacks of stability the enemy has correct?

Ele uses armor of earth gets 10 stacks of stability I use CB they still get feared?

If so we kinda got a buff?

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

it doesn’t care how many stacks the target has. But a lot of these will pulse stability, so the opportunity cost will change.

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

it doesn’t care how many stacks the target has. But a lot of these will pulse stability, so the opportunity cost will change.

The elites are the only ones that pulse right?

Seems like you want to cast it at the beginning of the pulse since it will re apply stability in 3 seconds

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Roe’s right. Corrupt Rampage as One now and you are getting only a 1-2 second fear and after the fear runs out the ranger will have stability again.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The elites are the only ones that pulse right?

Seems like you want to cast it at the beginning of the pulse since it will re apply stability in 3 seconds

If you’re packing a ton of boon stripping, you might be able to fear someone multiple times off one elite. But that seems like it would take a big advantage skill wise over someone… Rampage as one will be a huge problem because all 3 boons pulse, so it has automatic cover boons. But it could be possible to fear a plague or lich or tornado a few times via boon stripping.

I think some of these changes hurt boon corruption more than it helps. Sine FITG didn’t get changed, it could be a net loss for necros, but I’ll wait and see.

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Was wondering about this, too. Haven’t hopped on my necro to test it yet but I assume (big time) that it is good for multiple stab-fear conversion? like if the enemy has 3 stacks of stab you can use path of corruption, corrupt boon, well of (something) and you can pulse 3 fears (the well should pulse even more) instead of 1, assuming 3 stacks of stab comes from 1 skill, comparing to the past where you might only got to stab->fear just once for that 1 skill.

seems like a buff to me but probably only in this specific example.

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Removals always treat all stacks of a boon or condition the same, regardless of how many are on it.

It doesn’t matter of your corruption target has 1 Might or 25, the Weakness they get is identical. There is no reason to think Stability doesn’t work the same way.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Yes but it freaking reapplied it, which means after you corrupt it will turn back on automatically. That is bs

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Removals always treat all stacks of a boon or condition the same, regardless of how many are on it.

It doesn’t matter of your corruption target has 1 Might or 25, the Weakness they get is identical. There is no reason to think Stability doesn’t work the same way.

I was thinking about that but then…

“Stability: This boon has been changed from a duration stack type to an intensity stack type. Crowd-control effects will remove one instance of stability apiece each time they are applied. Each ability and trait has been adjusted to apply a certain number of stacks. All instances of stability not listed in these release notes will remain at one stack.”

It’s confusing because corrupt boon is both removal and CC at the same time assuming it’s used on stability. Which one takes priority? Completely removing the stacks is great cuz the skill still retains its function but pulsing fears is great too if you go for terrormancer. Anyone tested it yet?

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Removal happens first. It checks to see if it removed Stability, then applies Fear. Same as it did before.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Yea boon stripping and corrupting is less useful against elites, it works in our favor too. First thing that happens in plague is you get stripped and tossed around, might actually have a go with it again.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I am worried about this. Corrupt Boon is probably the single most important skill Necro has in PvP. Nerfing it could have a huge effect.