Corrupt boon & Lifeblast changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Coming balance patch:

Corrupt boon changing from corrupting 5 to 3 boons, but cooldown reduced to 15 secs.

Scepter also getting corrupt boon.

Lifeblast will pierce by default.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

life blast change good, i was expecting this change, i wonder what is gonna happen to the trait. honestly was hoping more for base nec.
corrupt boon change is awesome.
scepter buff is redonkulous.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

nothing on GS or anything useful for Power necro.. hope something is left.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

nothing on GS or anything useful for Power necro.. hope something is left.

They said that more is coming, but they chose just couple things to preview (around 4 things per profession).

Here’s hope that Parasitic Contagion will finally work in Shroud.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

gavyne.6847

Yeah I do hope they aren’t pushing to only make condi viable for necros. Scepter is already the meta in PvP and they’ve just made it even stronger. There’s some serious power creep going in on the 26th, which means if no power increase for power necros, we’ll be forced to condi.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

waste of 1 hour of my life (sorry 48 minutes as it seems they ran out of things)

that has to be the worst prepared guild chat presentation I have ever seen

1: Seemed like they were not fully prepared

2: They were to mention about base shroud changes etc and didn’t,

3: more concise factual notes without “Ummms” “ehhhh” “hmmmm”

4: " they spent more time fixing the poor guys headset than anything"

wish they gave us the notes tonight

(edited by Grymlocke.1067)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

waste of 1 hour of my life (sorry 48 minutes as it seems they ran out of things)

2: They were to mention about base shroud changes etc and didn’t

“Lifeblast can pierce baseline*

Anyway it is not the full changes, we still got hope

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

What’s the scepter change? I see another thread says boon corrupt but when in the chain?

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

What’s the scepter change? I see another thread says boon corrupt but when in the chain?

last attack in the chain

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I got the impression they forgot to mention a few preview notes they were planning to reveal.

Corrupt boon is interesting because it can potentially become the new second best dps option for pve condi necros when using master of corruption and transfers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I got the impression they forgot to mention a few preview notes they were planning to reveal.

Corrupt boon is interesting because it can potentially become the new second best dps option for pve condi necros when using master of corruption and transfers.

Yea, I think and hope they did.

Condi necro changes are nice and all, but what we know so far does very little for power necros – and if piercing life blast is the only thing they change about Death Shroud I will be majorly disappointed.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

gavyne.6847

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Interesting changes, I’d say all of ours are good. The new Corrupt Boon/Scepter fits the way boons are starting to function (instead of being tied mostly to longer CD bursts of boons they’re just kinda… there), and core shroud 1 change was an obvious but good one. We’ll see what else happens, but good so far.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

those ammy changes for pvp though…

in Necromancer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Not sure what’s so good about the corrupt boon skill change…
ALL corruptions are still pathetic and I would still choose to trait for Spite/signets.

Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Glad that we wont be forced into running triple signet anymore. Corrupt boon simply couldn’t compete with the frequency in which boons were applied anymore. It’s currently a relic from a past where important boons were on long cds and not spamable or pulsing.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

This is what’s good.

Glad that we wont be forced into running triple signet anymore. Corrupt boon simply couldn’t compete with the frequency in which boons were applied anymore. It’s currently a relic from a past where important boons were on long cds and not spamable or pulsing.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

Keep in mind that Corrupt Boon may stay with same amount of self-conditions. I think it’s pretty balanced.

Waiting for couple improvements here and there, but it looks like we’re getting love again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

2: They were to mention about base shroud changes etc and didn’t,

Have to agree.
The host didn’t direct the show and keep it on track very well.
A lot spoken word pauses.
A lot of personal commentary.
Didn’t try to address the overhaul community concerns. (Talking about ranger search and rescue skill when 100% of the community wanted to know what is going to happen with druid immortal build.)
Glossed over quite important info (blah, blah, blah,blah..oh yeah, we’ve restored adrenaline..moving on.)

They seem like decent people, but they also seem like they purposefully called in ‘sick’ the day they were assigning presenters and still somehow got given the task.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Euh guys, 47% poison uptime untraited? 70% traited? Not a single transfer skill that can even hope to keep up? The only thing that can keep up against an untraited corrupt boon is a 3 hit traited suffer. Traited forget it. 3663 damage per use traited from self harm for 3 converted conditions? Can’t heal up the damage with siphons because of poison.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

Necromantic Corruption
Shrouded Removal
Sigil of Generosity come to mind as things that could handle self-conditions on a 10 sec cd. Not saying any of these are meta but to say “not a single transfer skill” is incorrect. I guess shrouded removal is just negation, not transfer, though.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Necromantic Corruption
Shrouded Removal
Sigil of Generosity come to mind as things that could handle self-conditions on a 10 sec cd. Not saying any of these are meta but to say “not a single transfer skill” is incorrect. I guess shrouded removal is just negation, not transfer, though.

Fair enough on Necromantic Corruption. The rest on the other hand is only 1 condi removed against the 2 of corrupt boon. I suppose a traited shrouded removal can work with perfect shroud timing but then you get some serious sacrifices for the corrupt boon.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

So if you trait corruptions, then every time you use corrupt boon you apply at most 3 conditions to your target (IF you hit AND they have this many boons) , while you ALWAYS apply 2 conditions to yourself…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

You will need quickening thirst to transfer the conditions each 12 s. Plague sending will do the rest.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

So if you trait corruptions, then every time you use corrupt boon you apply at most 3 conditions to your target (IF you hit AND they have this many boons) , while you ALWAYS apply 2 conditions to yourself…

Yep, fantastic is it not.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’d love to know this magical world you’re playing in where enemies don’t have 3 boons literally every single second of every game.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

I’d love to know this magical world you’re playing in where enemies don’t have 3 boons literally every single second of every game.

I see them in my fights from time, they are not that noticable (most of them are necro’s) but you have thise moments were the foe has less then 3 boons.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Mega Skeleton.8259

The rune of durability being removed from PvP should make boons more manageable and offers less boon protection from stripping by reducing the number of boons available at all times.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Im not too sure im a fan of the corrupt boon change to be honest, it takes away the flavour of corrupt boon for me in corrupting a large amount of boons at once as a sure fire way of removing the boons im targeting even if it seems to be a buff numbers-wise. Also it feels like its just heading towards a more brainless approach of starting to promote spamming the skill when the cd is up.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Except high cooldown boonhate is inferior. Mesmers have had boon strip on sword auto since the beginning. Now that raids and certain fractal instabilities have constant boons you need regular boon hate. Mesmer has been filling that role perfectly while necro has been rather bad at it. Necro is majorly inferior to mesmer currently when it comes to dealing with boons. Corrupt is only slightly better than strip. But frequent is far superior to infrequent.

This was a good change. I was kind of hoping for it on greatsword, dagger or reaper shroud auto though. When Karl said we were going to get more boonhate. My ears perked up with anticipation. And then he announced it on scepter auto and i was a little disappointed.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

if you want a larger corrupt you can alway combine skills .. we have multiple sources
axe
signets
Path of Corruption
corrupt boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Except high cooldown boonhate is inferior. Mesmers have had boon strip on sword auto since the beginning. Now that raids and certain fractal instabilities have constant boons you need regular boon hate. Mesmer has been filling that role perfectly while necro has been rather bad at it. Necro is majorly inferior to mesmer currently when it comes to dealing with boons. Corrupt is only slightly better than strip. But frequent is far superior to infrequent.

This was a good change. I was kind of hoping for it on greatsword, dagger or reaper shroud auto though. When Karl said we were going to get more boonhate. My ears perked up with anticipation. And then he announced it on scepter auto and i was a little disappointed.

Yeah ofcourse, I meant that as in coming from a soloroaming/pvp standpoint

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

The same arguemt also applies in PvP since other classes generate boons constantly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

These are good changes. Corrupt boon and CPC being strong, if they improve BIP as well and work on the curses line more maybe we will see more varieity in the pvp builds. Signets have become so boring..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The same arguemt also applies in PvP since other classes generate boons constantly.

Only partly. In pvp it is more important to remove important boons like stability etc. And a 5 boon corrupt has a higher chance to remove those important boons then a 3 boon corrupt.

That said given the fact that scepter also gets a corrupt i may actually prefer the shorter cooldown…

in Necromancer

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Its a good change,especially in pvp,ppl are spaming boons every second,not even my 5 boons strip abilities are enough to keep tempest/scrapie/chrono/heral off important boons,the more often i ll be able to use em the better.Thou they could reduce cast time aswell “for corupt boon,spinal shivers also shout”

OTAN guild,WSR server

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

ah this is amazing…

now I dont have to trait into spite for decent corruption application and signets are a solid pick still! this is great! now just a few improvements to curses and fear traits and we are good and perhaps can look at DM and BM again. Though now I will need some way to get rid of self application with the new faster frequency of application.

corruption on auto might end up biting the dust like old dumbfire though.

nothing on focus/axe/GS/Staff yet though :/
I really want to use a GS and a Focus but too kitten slow

oh and….gotta pay a few ele friends a visit huehuehuehue! I dont even mind that teefs and warriors will be back to hunt us in the coming meta! im just glad cancer mesmer and diamond skill ele are out.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So, having just watched today’s episode, I noticed karl hinted that the changes to the Scepter auto and Corrupt Boon were not all the changes for necro boon hate.

This is kinda scary overall. I really fear that Necros will become the kings of everything in PvP, aside from the fact they don’t stack multiples on a team too well.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Going from haveing 1 Necro/Reaper in the top 8 teams in EU to actually be “the Meta” is a huge step and control your hype ppl. There are several things needs to be adressed and mainly “The Power Weapons” are weak: GS,Axe,Focus (ps:idc if GS is good in PvE,real targets move)

But also from what I understood Shroud 1 now pierces on baseline so thats meens atleast 1 NEW trait we get then and thats intresting or atleast some change to it.

Servant of Dhuum

(edited by Ravezaar.4951)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Going from haveing 1 Necro/Reaper in the top 8 teams in EU to actually be “the Meta” is a huge step and control your hype ppl. There are several things needs to be adressed and mainly “The Power Weapons” are weak: GS,Axe,Focus (ps:idc if GS is good in PvE,real targets move)

But also from what I understood Shroud 1 now pierces on baseline so thats meens atleast 1 NEW trait we get then and thats intresting or atleast some change to it.

I honestly dont think we get a new trait. They will just keep it at DS 1 causes vuln.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

So, having just watched today’s episode, I noticed karl hinted that the changes to the Scepter auto and Corrupt Boon were not all the changes for necro boon hate.

This is kinda scary overall. I really fear that Necros will become the kings of everything in PvP, aside from the fact they don’t stack multiples on a team too well.

Passive pulsing 1200 radius boon corrupt from being in Shroud incoming.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

I honestly dont think we get a new trait. They will just keep it at DS 1 causes vuln.

seems very meh then and not really a challenge to Unblockable Marks

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I have a Condi minion build that I’ll run. And I was taking offhand focus just to remove a few boons. Well, with this change I can take warhorn instead. Not only that, this takes away focus from Spite for condi set ups.

It also means that the absolute only thing that the Axe had going for it over the scepter is now completely gone. Good job Anet. Now I can never justify taking an axe again.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Im still hoping for aftercast reduction on gravedigger. And if not then at least a damage buff.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

This is what’s good.

Seems that feeling I had about boon corruption and transfer necros being a thing was right. I also feel the corruption on scepter AA will be peeled off us at some point…

Here hoping Unholy Martyr gets buffed in some way!

Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As someone who fell in love with Necromancer in the first place because of being a good debuffer… This news makes me very happy.

I’ve been playing way too much Engineer lately, these boonhate changes will bring me back to the Necromancer I am at heart (:

Oh what’s that? You’re trying to stack might? Now it’s weakness! MUAHAHAHAHA.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Yo do you guys realize how broken we are about to be?

We are about to enter a Necro age- we’ve not had one since the introduction of dhuumfire. Its a great time to be alive boys

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

Yo do you guys realize how broken we are about to be?

We are about to enter a Necro age- we’ve not had one since the introduction of dhuumfire. Its a great time to be alive boys

Don’t worry. If that happens, corrupt on AA will be scrapped within few days. Necromancer becoming popular and meta is the single biggest fear of ANet.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’d be really surprised if this made us OP compared to things that have been allowed in the meta for years.

My PvP Minion Build