in Necromancer

Posted by: Kua.4168

Kua.4168

Bleh, forum bug.

Corrupt boon & Lifeblast changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’d be really surprised if this made us OP compared to things that have been allowed in the meta for years.

Alone, it won’t, but they’re also removing or severely weakening a lot of the counters we have. Basically, we’ll have…Warriors and Daredevils to worry about.

At least, based on what they have revealed to us, anyway.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

We didn’t need a scepter boost. Problem with scepter auto corrupt boon is that it’ll make us constantly the target of complaints and potential nerfs. This means the devs are unlikely to boost us where we need it the most…power and defense. It’s our power weapons that need tweaks and buffs, such as GS, Axe, Staff, etc.. And we are and still will be after the balance patch the #1 focus target for an easy kill.

Also I’m so not looking forward to getting ganked and owned by thieves. Remember before the bunker meta, they were everywhere? They’ve only gone dormant recently due to the meta changes. With Anet completely destroying bunker meta, and buffing thieves at the same time, we’ll start to see thieves everywhere again. You can’t kill what you can’t hit, and that’s what it’s like trying to fight good daredevils, you can’t land hits and they don’t care about our chill either.

I really hope there are other buffs to our class on Jan 26th, because if this is all we’re getting, we’re going to be hurting. You could say oh but corrupt boon changes will buff us to meta level. Yeah, if you only look from the eyes of revs and builds that rely heavily on boons. But if a solo thieve & warrior can destroy us, I’m not so sure reapers will have that secured meta spot as some predict we’ll have.

It’s important to note the people complaining about corrupt boons right now are classes that rely on boons. Meanwhile thieves and warriors are just rubbing their hands, getting ready to unleash their pwnage, especially thieves. There’s some serious power creeping going on next balance patch, especially with the removal of defensive runes, sigils, and amulets (for those that pvp). In the meantime, our (lack of)defense stays the same. Not a good thing..

(edited by gavyne.6847)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Going back to the kittenty play of stealthed thieves hitting us while we can’t hit back is goin-… Oh wait, I don’t PvP anymore GOOD LUCK, GUYS!

in Necromancer

Posted by: MadCatSadPet.7649

MadCatSadPet.7649

To be honest I don’t understand the boon corrupt buff on scepter. Scepter has always been staple for condi builds, and power builds would simply run signet corrupt ( and never use scepter anyway ). Scepter isn’t weak right now. Nor do we really lack boon corrupt.

Reapers aren’t even in a bad place right now, why buff us any further?

I main reaper. I don’t want reaper to become the new OP. When I hear people QQ about reaper now, I know they suck and need to l2p. But if they make us OP it would actually justify all that salt and scrubs would start running reaper cheese. That just cheapens my favorite class to use in pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

To be honest I don’t understand the boon corrupt buff on scepter. Scepter has always been staple for condi builds, and power builds would simply run signet corrupt ( and never use scepter anyway ). Scepter isn’t weak right now. Nor do we really lack boon corrupt.

Reapers aren’t even in a bad place right now, why buff us any further?

I main reaper. I don’t want reaper to become the new OP. When I hear people QQ about reaper now, I know they suck and need to l2p. But if they make us OP it would actually justify all that salt and scrubs would start running reaper cheese. That just cheapens my favorite class to use in pvp.

Have you tried using dhuumfire and just terror for condi necro aka no reaper? Ignore terror have you tried dhuumfire as a non reaper? I don’t see the buff as overwhelming but if a nerf comes let it not be misdirected.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

yea Reapers is in a good place, Condi Reapers are borderline OP if the game where balanced around 1v1 VERY OP (but it aint) and Reapers still lack boon-shareing and we dont have any gimmick uses like Mes Portal. Still I think Reapers are in a good space but:

Anet still need to buff/adress Power weapons

Axe need rework
GS needs faster AA and maybe even gravedigger
Focus needs some love aswell

ps: there are ppl who really hates this Condi kittene give us some love

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Why is there no word about our Off hand weapons. They need serious rework, all of them. (well maybe apart from WH, which is useful in most situations)
What about staff?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Im still hoping for aftercast reduction on gravedigger. And if not then at least a damage buff.

“Some damage increases and some aftercasts removed so you can activate skills quicker.”

Is happening for warriors. While I’m not super hopeful for us, I’m kind of, sort of.