Cosmetic Reaper suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Later on I’ll give me feedback on the reaper, what I feel needs to change, whats good and where the specialization shines and where it falls short. But for right now I’m going to suggest some cosmetic changes to diversify the community just a bit without it being a too much of a daunting task.

Suggestions:

1. Dhuumfire should give you Dhuum’s Soul reaper: I’ve made this suggestion before and I know you guys have heard it already. I doubt you had the time to implement something like this in the beta, which is fine. Though I’d like to see a cosmetic difference between your basic scythe and the Dhuumfire scythe. Dhuumfire, as unpractical as it is for the base necromancer, looks absolutely awesome when you’re shooting that glowing green fireball of dhuum! I feel the reaper should crank it up to 11 and give us the Soul reaper skin. A really cool nod to GW1 and a awesome cosmetic feel that could make running a condi reaper all the more fun to use.
  2. Legendary trail: They scythe as our weapon should have a trail based on the weapon you are wielding. Such as if a reaper decides to run Frostfang it should have an icy trail on its scythe swings. Or if you want to wielding a Twilight you should have that night’s sky trail. Or if it fancies you, which it does me, if wielding bifrost you should have a rainbow trail with the swings. I don’t know if there was a trail in the beta, but from what I could see I saw no reaper with it. It would be nice to see this as it adds a bit of flavor to the profession and gives players some unique identity, especially with new legends coming out.

Other than that I think we’re good. The shouts sound great and look good in my opinion and the greatsword looks amazing. Issues aside for the profession, I look forward to playing it again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

I’ll nudge this thread because I like this idea. There’s a reason why we should get it imo. The Life Blast in Death Shroud gets replaced with whatever skin/legendary. So why wouldn’t our Scythe do so as well?

Totally support this.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heneil Stormcaller.2935

Heneil Stormcaller.2935

Definitely, this would be amazing!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Agree, especially about the legendary trail.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

That is Dhuum. He’s used as the art for the reaper. His scythe could also be updated to look more spectral and shadowy from its GW1 counterpart.

And yes, absolutely legendary trail. Especially legendary trail with Dhuum’s scythe!

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

i could get behind this idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

kitten I do love the necromancer concepts and looks, (including Grenth and dhuum). Why can’t they make us feel half as powerful as we look? ;_;

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Nobody else who supports this idea? O__O

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

People prefer to respond to things with drama involved than things that are just sorta fun and interesting. As well as hard to argue with. People like to argue. Especially on the necromancer forums.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I’d look forward to using Bifrost on my reaper.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

People prefer to respond to things with drama involved than things that are just sorta fun and interesting. As well as hard to argue with. People like to argue. Especially on the necromancer forums.

Yeah,sadly that’s the way it is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I would love these cosmetic effects. But I would love it more if we could have Dhuum’s scythe as a greatsword skin.

Playable Tengu please!

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I would love these cosmetic effects. But I would love it more if we could have Dhuum’s scythe as a greatsword skin.

That would be a waste in my opinion. I’d rather them just add scythe as a weapon. Dhuum’s Soul Reaper shouldn’t be disrespected by being made into any weapon outside of an actual scythe.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

That would be a waste in my opinion. I’d rather them just add scythe as a weapon. Dhuum’s Soul Reaper shouldn’t be disrespected by being made into any weapon outside of an actual scythe.

Excactly this ^

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Going to revive this with a awesome piece of art I found on the internet. I couldn’t find a larger picture…

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Well I do certainly think Dhuumfire needs some flare to the attack, as they did it with Life Blast to signify the trait was being used.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I’d also like to add that the Shambling horrors need to have their own unique skin as well. They look no different from jagged horrors, which is a problem since jagged horrors look no different from bone minions.. Come on arena net.. These little changes are important.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

When we first heard about Reaper Shroud i suggest changes such as these , caused an argument against it for some reason though. I would really like these changes implemented.

I have a pair of incinerators and a twilight, i’d really like to have them affect Reaper Shroud.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d also like to add that the Shambling horrors need to have their own unique skin as well. They look no different from jagged horrors, which is a problem since jagged horrors look no different from bone minions.. Come on arena net.. These little changes are important.

I agree that the Shambling and Jagged Horrors should have unique skins, too. I’m probably in the minority, but I like the Chinese version of the Bone Minions. Those could be used on the Shambling or Jagged Horrors.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I agree that the Shambling and Jagged Horrors should have unique skins, too. I’m probably in the minority, but I like the Chinese version of the Bone Minions. Those could be used on the Shambling or Jagged Horrors.

Are those the same bodies as Bone/jagged/shambling horrors, but with Dredge heads instead?

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

The issue with that is they would still need to make new models for the Chinese as well. So why waste time making twice as many models when they can make new models that can be used for both?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Are those the same bodies as Bone/jagged/shambling horrors, but with Dredge heads instead?

Yeah. Last I recall, China localization alters skulls and so forth which is why the heads are that way in their version. Even the Necro class icon is different (shown below).

Anet could come up with a model for both versions that would pass China’s censorship, but I’m selfish like a Necro and want my rat hat minions.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Good suggestions for sure. I want to have a legendary trail with my Frostfang, dangit!

At least, I will if axe ever not sucks.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Good suggestions for sure. I want to have a legendary trail with my Frostfang, dangit!

expect something in November or December for necromancer. I honestly don’t see anything sooner than that for fixing our god awful weapons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

expect something in November or December for necromancer. I honestly don’t see anything sooner than that for fixing our god awful weapons.

By then, Frostfang might be living on my Revenant :/

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

All my yes to Dhuumfire affecting the reaper scythe. I love green fire.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

All my yes to Dhuumfire affecting the reaper scythe. I love green fire.

I just wish dhuumfire worked more in conjunction with our chill application. >_<

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

As someone who has sold a legendary rather than kept it because I find all the trails/affects annoying and unappealing, I don’t like the second idea. However, the first is an awesome idea and that alone might be enough to convince me to take the trait again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The legendary trail idea is really cool, but I can’t help but joke that axe will never be used as it currently is.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate