Could Robert Gee be more transparent with us

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m also fixing bugs on live for ALL professions this week and next which has kept me pretty busy.

I know this is totally not your decision to make, but shouldn’t bugfixing only need the game designers in an advisory/consulting role? In case something is best fixed by changing it entirely, so the designers have to come up with a new vision for the skill / item / whatever?

Usually you have the programmers (the ones who do the coding for the tools and the in-between coding for special cases) + the dedicated bugfix team do the bugfixing, while the deisgners work on the next batch of things to bugfix, no?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Thanks for replying to us, Robert! I actually thought the Necromancer changes overall were really good and are a lot more fun to play compared to their old version. I am looking forward to any new changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

@draugris: from what we know they made huge improvements to the Revenant after the previous BWE, like adding weapon swap.

If they are really willing to listen and act on feedback like they did for Revenant, this is our best chance to make the Reaper right.

The thing is, we don´t know if that wasn´t their intention anyway. But let´s assume that not. Weapon swap on Revenant is a big change (for the better this time imho) but i am not sure if it´s a clever thing to do to make such big changes to a class after having the feedback or data from only one weekend. Because such knee jerk balance changes have always the potential to break more than they fix.

And that´s my problem with Anet in general. Either they don´t listen at all and in the end we have this Mesmer / Burn Guardian and Ele cancer like it is now. Or they do listen and make really big changes based on the feedback of a weekend. And all this with the policy in mind that balance changes occur only every six months. GW2 has become a “Flavor of the month” game where people play whats OP for that time frame. From the people who roam in WvW 8 out of 10 i see are mesmers or medi guards.

This is in no way a consistent and reasonable way to balance a game of that dimensions and it´s definitely not the right way to interact with the community.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

I’m also fixing bugs on live for ALL professions this week and next which has kept me pretty busy.

I know this is totally not your decision to make, but shouldn’t bugfixing only need the game designers in an advisory/consulting role? In case something is best fixed by changing it entirely, so the designers have to come up with a new vision for the skill / item / whatever?

Usually you have the programmers (the ones who do the coding for the tools and the in-between coding for special cases) + the dedicated bugfix team do the bugfixing, while the deisgners work on the next batch of things to bugfix, no?

Game Designer include a large pannel of activity. They are programmers aswell, and generally speaking having someone doing only bug fixes leads the said person to madness and insanity pretty quickly, leading them to leave the company in the blink of an eye. As a developper myself, i can rely on this u_u

In theory, that would be better, but in practice it’s impossible. Because only doing bug fixes doesn’t improves your skills, and it’s boring. So, the best thing to do, is having a balance between creating new stuff, and bug fixing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

@draugris: from what we know they made huge improvements to the Revenant after the previous BWE, like adding weapon swap.

If they are really willing to listen and act on feedback like they did for Revenant, this is our best chance to make the Reaper right.

The thing is, we don´t know if that wasn´t their intention anyway. But let´s assume that not. Weapon swap on Revenant is a big change (for the better this time imho) but i am not sure if it´s a clever thing to do to make such big changes to a class after having the feedback or data from only one weekend. Because such knee jerk balance changes have always the potential to break more than they fix.

And that´s my problem with Anet in general. Either they don´t listen at all and in the end we have this Mesmer / Burn Guardian and Ele cancer like it is now. Or they do listen and make really big changes based on the feedback of a weekend. And all this with the policy in mind that balance changes occur only every six months. GW2 has become a “Flavor of the month” game where people play whats OP for that time frame. From the people who roam in WvW 8 out of 10 i see are mesmers or medi guards.

This is in no way a consistent and reasonable way to balance a game of that dimensions and it´s definitely not the right way to interact with the community.

Brilliant post !

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panopheles.9308

Panopheles.9308

Thank you Robert! I feel so relieved knowing that the ArenaNet team is in fact a big company (was wondering if B2P was the right model for a MMO of GW2’s scale).

By the way, if you do run into the guys in charge of the necromancer, could you let them know that a lot of players hate the new axe animation – casually joke about it maybe?

Or you could just point them in this direction:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Axe-skill-1/first

:)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

while i appreciate the heads up from Robert, i feel like the Necro community is owed more than just a, “hey, we are looking into stuff” because after consistently and almost perpetually being shunned, we need actions now more than words. and while the Reaper and Chronomancer are nice additions, if the base Necro is taking a back seat to them dev time wise, how is that supposed to instill any hope that these things will even be addressed by the time the expansion hits and more importantly (for me) why i should even buy the expansion in the first place?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

A big dev on necro forums…… Check
Said working on warri but waiting for feedback…. Check
Said scepter…. Check
Said axe…. Check

Well, im happy for a week

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

Thank you for the update, Robert. Seeing that devs still reed the necromancer forum feedback is really reassuring. I am certainly looking forward to the projectile-blocking Death’s Charge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Thank you for the update, Robert. Seeing that devs still reed the necromancer forum feedback is really reassuring. I am certainly looking forward to the projectile-blocking Death’s Charge.

Just remember that that feature won’t be on the build we’re playing this weekend. Don’t be surprised if you get Point-Blank-Shotted out of Death’s Charge.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aerrin.5639

Aerrin.5639

I’ve been throwing this around the subreddit a bit and this is my idea on how to make this other wise useless trait better.

Master of Corruption – Your corruptions skills inflict an extra condition on yourself and gain an extra ability. Corruption skills recharge faster. -Some numbers should be tweaked-

Consume Conditions – Draw one condition per ally to you and consume the conditions (does not grant extra healing) (5 maximum allies)

Blood is Power – Grants AoE Fury and Swiftness(Could be Quickness instead) to your allies (5 maximum allies)

Poison Cloud – Disintegrates projectiles (Block projectiles)

Epidemic – Spread boons from you to allies (5 maximum)

Plague – Cause Torment and Confusion for two seconds every 3 seconds

Corrupt Boon – Cause an additional stack of conditions per corrupt boon (Can’t really think a good one for this skill)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

Just remember that that feature won’t be on the build we’re playing this weekend. Don’t be surprised if you get Point-Blank-Shotted out of Death’s Charge.

You have stab in shroud to deal with PBS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The tooltip on the Gamescom stream said it kills projectiles, already.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DymondHed.9026

DymondHed.9026

I rerolled guard just lvl 7 but necro I’m not going to play any more tried PVP kitten so much easier and 1v1 win ratio is much higher and is much funnier to play than that cursed necro I wish I could get back my time spent on Necro

Additionally I will leave this here this is 45 min on lfg tool with necro GJ arena you made a clkittened by every one including those who play necro

I hoped Reaper could make a change for this class but no ….just remove necromancers from the game

i run lvl 50 fractals on necro, almost everyday, and i never have any trouble finding groups via LFG. i just roll swamp, then post “50, swamp.” works every time

i have too many hours logged >_>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

@draugris: It’s not an opinion up for debate, they did change Revenant according to forum feedback, including the weapon swap change. It’s a fact and it was clearly stated by Revenant’s main developer:

Hey, everyone! If you caught the Points of Interest livestream today, then you’ll know that we’ve made some changes based on the tons of awesome feedback from the test weekend as well as internal testing feedback.
[…]
General
These are a few broader changes made to the profession. There was a lot of feedback on the lack of speed and versatility of the profession, and these are intended to help address those concerns.

• Weapon swap has been added.
  • Invoking legends is now an instant cast by default.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented skill queuing from working correctly.

Full post here.

True, the current balancing process is inconsistent and it takes an unreasonably long time, but it still doesn’t change the fact that BWE feedback will be our best opportunity to ensure that Reaper will be good.

About Revenant’s weapon swap change: I played it in the past beta weekend and legendary stances alone were not enough. Either weapon skills (or their effects) needed to change according to the stance, or you got some kind bundle/kit from stances, or you add weapon swap. In may opinion it was a much needed change and the only feasible alternative.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I am happy to finally see a response of any kind on this forum, vague or not it’s more than we’ve had in months. I hate the current policy and nothing anyone can say to me will change my mind because frankly a regular effort to interact with the player base is not that hard. There is no need to commit to anything in the feedback, just list what you’re going to look and review the suggestions your player base provides and that will be mountains more than we get today.
As someone on Reddit said, how much production would be lost if a dev posted a list one paragraph long once every two weeks and allowed the players to make suggestions accordingly. How much real development time would be saved working on things that most agree won’t work, a hell of a lot more than it takes for regular feedback. Frankly without a proper test server this should be the least they are willing to do, and no the POI’s don’t make up for this because they are live and not everyone can be there to throw questions and comments their way.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I’ve been throwing this around the subreddit a bit and this is my idea on how to make this other wise useless trait better.

Master of Corruption – Your corruptions skills inflict an extra condition on yourself and gain an extra ability. Corruption skills recharge faster. -Some numbers should be tweaked-

Consume Conditions – Draw one condition per ally to you and consume the conditions (does not grant extra healing) (5 maximum allies)

Blood is Power – Grants AoE Fury and Swiftness(Could be Quickness instead) to your allies (5 maximum allies)

I really like your Consume Conditions idea. I think a better change for Master of Corruption would just be applying the self applied conditions to up to 5 enemies within 240-300 range of yourself. As for BiP, a buff is a buff and it needs some sort of buff at the moment.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

So for the beta are we playing the most current builds? I’d hate to give feedback on stuff that’s weeks to months old, probably patched before hand and we never got to play test them…because reasons.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I have a feeling he meant his team is in charge of bugfixes this/next week.

His team of programmers and engineers probably come of with the fixes but its his job as a designer to say if the fix will go through or not. And it seems like for these 2 weeks, Robert is responsible for bugfixes, when it comes to bugfixes, Anet probably rotates their designers so there isn’t a dedicated designer to overseeing the fixes and they can focus primarily on creating/designing new content.

I find myself breathing easier knowing that a designer is overseeing bugfixes that could potentially break the game even more if it isn’t done right or affect other future projects in the works that not everyone in the company may be privy to.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I have a question about Warriors, since he’s working on them now.

Right now, warriors can remove fear by weapon swapping and taking a specific trait, but everybody can do this in PvE/WvW with the right sigil. The necromancer has to rely on fears to do the duty that missing blocks/vigor/reflects can’t do.

Is it too much to ask that stopping the Necromancer’s only defense require the actual use of a skill?

I’ve played enough warrior to know they need the condition removal, so perhaps fear can be changed. Maybe it can disable weapon swapping, maybe it can be brought in line by being reclassified a control effect like taunt. (terror can be a new condition that does exactly what terror does now).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Axe, Scepter, projectile blocking..? o__o

Praised be Grenth, maybe there is hope for us after all. \o/

Thanks Gee. :’)

Uhm… btw, is more damage modifiers and finishers possibly on the table? We’re a bit behind other classes both in regards to utility like this and damage output in PvE. I’m sure you might be aware of that though, but thought I’d put it out there.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

A bit behind ? Dagger is a bit behind other classes with Help of wells …without wells we are far worse than any class DPS that gives much better dps only with WEAPON SKILL SET ….and this is sad

necro almost 0 important support for group content

Mean while in order to Keep up with DPS we give up 2 of our utility skill …..even if they will add utility DPS will be lower because we will swamp to new utilities while dagger best our dps weapon will still be same… So only utilities wont help …..

(edited by Tristan.5678)

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

@draugris: It’s not an opinion up for debate, they did change Revenant according to forum feedback, including the weapon swap change. It’s a fact and it was clearly stated by Revenant’s main developer:

Well if you say so, i don´t know if you are invited to Anets internal meetings, i am not. I play GW2 since the Betas and unfortunately too many times things they said were the opposite around things they´ve done. Do i know the post of Mr. Cronacher, yes of course. Do i believe it, that´s another story. The common sense centre in me just refuses the thought that they changed the core functionality like weapon swap is for a class based on the experience of a “beta weekend”. So i guess we can agree to disagree on that point.

cheers mate

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I have notes on things to improve with both axe and scepter as well as a note about skills that we could add projectile blocking to (incidentally RS 2 blocks projectiles because of a suggestion I read here). These are changes I’d like to get to and see happen, but right now iteration on Reaper and Chronomancer are probably going to take priority over that once the beta finishes.

This is the most encouraging thing ive seen since release. I hope we can see more stuff like this. Because with very simple changes like this you can address a lot of our core issues very easily.

Thanks for the response Robert. I know if i was in your shoes i probably wouldnt want to speak to the masses too much either. Its a difficult position to be in.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

It’s good to know our concerns are being noted, but it would be nice to see more evidence of it every now and then. It takes all of 10 seconds to reply to a topic containing valid feedback just to show you’ve seen it. that red reply means a lot to people when it comes to knowing our voices are being heard and listened to, rather than falling on deaf or uncaring ears.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

if you are really interested in player feedback and in game data why don´t you open a test- or beta server like any other game developer to let people test classes / balance / content on a longer time frame ?

This beta weekend sounds more a marketing than a test event.

My guess is that the answer to this is two part. Time, and focus. In an ambiguous open beta, there’s not much focus which can be good for finding general bugs, glitches, hiccups, exploits, etc. but the sheer volume of information returned can be overwhelming and not entirely productive. Throw in that the level of interest and amount of testers providing feedback significantly drops after the first 3 days of new content dropped on a test server, there’s not a lot of benefit to a longer test cycle.

They can get a focused test group with focused feedback on areas of the game they are trying to get more information about in a shorter window and hold peoples attention longer by ensuring that window has a time limit. Yes, that is a marketing strategy often used in sales for example. The psychology of only having a few days to test and play through new content will drive a large population of players to explore as much as possible in that time frame.

That provides a significant amount of data, low cost, and much more efficient use of time for the developers and players both. They can then take the data retrieved from the test, prioritize the feedback, and start iterating development based on that. That last part would be significantly harder to accomplish with an open-ended test.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The issue with these canned responses like this is a lot of the issues with the base class are ones that have been lamented about since day 1. We’re now 3 years in.

So while it’s nice to get assurance that the forums are read and it can foster change, actual proof of this would be nice after waiting 3 years for change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Well, he did give proof, RS 2 is now a projectile defense like we’ve been asking for.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

That’s fine. In 3 years of dialog Necromancers got a projectile defense on a skill that should have been an evade to begin with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nynuwe.5893

Nynuwe.5893

Where would the thread designated strictly for writting beta feedback on reapers be?

When Revenant does better than Necro
in every playstyle imaginable,
they’ll call it a day and release HoT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think the necro forum is a good place. The only other place would be HoT sub forum, but I think necro is a better target audience.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Honestly, I’m not that hopeful at all. “Notes” isn’t a guarantee of anything, and notes being gated behind a long beta means even less. We have to wait longer to maybe see fixes to issues we’ve been waiting forever for in the first place. We don’t even get to see these notes. Gee posted basically to tell us that he’s too busy to say anything else.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Honestly, I’m not that hopeful at all. “Notes” isn’t a guarantee of anything, and notes being gated behind a long beta means even less. We have to wait longer to maybe see fixes to issues we’ve been waiting forever for in the first place. We don’t even get to see these notes. Gee posted basically to tell us that he’s too busy to say anything else.

It was good progress towards transparency, which is what the OP asked for. It’s not like he’s going to give us definite changes when they aren’t definite yet.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I suppose adding more dps and support to necromancer will make the class overpowered? that’s maybe the problem here. Imagine a necro with the burn damage of a guardian, with +50k of HP?

I am “almost” ok with necro in WvW/PvP, but I am sure there are considerable problems in PvE, dungeons/fractals.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That’s fine. In 3 years of dialog Necromancers got a projectile defense on a skill that should have been an evade to begin with.

You need to pay attention if you think this is the first time we’ve ever gotten a change based on forum feedback.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I suppose adding more dps and support to necromancer will make the class overpowered? that’s maybe the problem here. Imagine a necro with the burn damage of a guardian, with +50k of HP?

I am “almost” ok with necro in WvW/PvP, but I am sure there are considerable problems in PvE, dungeons/fractals.

Basically, with PvE things, you really need to have a guild that is necro friendly. Because, realistically, necro is a selfish class that doesn’t help a group much. Unless they do more facetank-y things. For instance, if your armor is high enough and you do just enough damage, you can draw great aggro. With perma-might from spite and a bloodlust sigil, you can go tank gear (Sentinel or Soldier (I prefer the latter)) and still do decent damage. But it really only works the best when your teammates are buffing you up a bit too, and helping you maintain your hp.

So, really, the biggest issue is that there are few ways a necro is really helpful in a dungeon or fractal. Essentially, we could use more viable build variety

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Calling it now. Axe had #1 coeff increased to 0.9 or 1,#2 gains whirl finish and either baseline or trained +300 range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

You need to pay attention if you think this is the first time we’ve ever gotten a change based on forum feedback.

Maybe you’re happy with the pace of fixes but 3 years in i’m not…at all!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’m not happy with the pace of changes, but that’s a complete strawman and not what I said.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Odeezee.7362

Bhawb, of ALL the feedback that we have given the devs since they showed us the Reaper, what concrete POSITIVE changes have we received?

RS #2 is now a projectile block, that’s kittening it!

CC change does not count as they nerfed the skill to begin with to force us to take a kittenty kittening trait in MoC and it is still worse that it originally was yet they could have just left is un-categorized like Shelter, smmfh.

the change to Chilling Darkness does not count as it’s a change to a trait they nerfed which is now still worse than it was just a few weeks ago.

is the change that Robert made to a RS #2 nice? yes ofc, but guess what? we cannot play it yet outside of BWEs and that it also assuming you are crazy enough to even pre-purchase HoT given the treatment of Necro now 3 years later, so yeah people are rightly annoyed at the pace of positive changes and words at this point mean kitten, we need actual changes like yesterday. also hearing there is not enough time for base Necro atm, when Engies got a complete kittening overhaul is just kittening insulting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

also hearing there is not enough time for base Necro atm, when Engies got a complete kittening overhaul is just kittening insulting!

If getting changes means getting an Engineer-class overhaul, I’m fine with Necros never getting touched again.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Necros may be being looked at but it’s from a far distance while looking into the sun.
Gee is in charge of Mesmers and Necros is he not? If so, why is there such a large disparity between the two?

Why does chilling darkness have a 5 sec ICD but a trait such as Mistrust ( cause confusing on interrupt) does not have an ICD and is near spammable? Not to mention hitting 5 targets, not to mention if you interrupt all 5 of those then all 5 proc the trait.

It was stated that having necros having an up time on chill of 100% was overpowered. So why isnt it overpowered for a mesmer to have the same on confusion? Confusion, in my opinion, being the harsher of the two. Go fight the current cheese mesmer , 100% uptime of blinds, confusions and torments that constantly apply themselves. As well as having insane access to stealth, blocks and invulnerabilities.

Not to say that this broken design of mesmers( its not a build, no programmer in their right mind would think it’s balanced) isn’t unbeatable but it sure shows the difference in some classes.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Bhawb, of ALL the feedback that we have given the devs since they showed us the Reaper, what concrete POSITIVE changes have we received?

Gee isn’t in charge of every day balance alone, that isn’t how a balance team works, so blaming him alone for every single Necromancer change is ignorant. Since May, Gee has only had 2 months to do anything, as he said this current patch of Beta was locked a month ago. So May/June was the only time he had to work, and since then he made a great change for RS 2 in response to feedback, as well as really good changes to the 4 skill of Reaper, and we’ll figure out what else. Blaming him while he single-handily did that amazing trait patch we had is a bit ridiculous, let’s get through beta, give him feedback, and see how it develops before we jump down the throat of the only dev to post this much on the Necro forums ever.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Silverkey.2078

Ok, I know this is the necro forum and I agree that mesmers are currently stronger than necro but I have to say something here.

Why does chilling darkness have a 5 sec ICD but a trait such as Mistrust ( cause confusing on interrupt) does not have an ICD and is near spammable? Not to mention hitting 5 targets, not to mention if you interrupt all 5 of those then all 5 proc the trait.

Did you even see someone using mistrust? Because I’m sorry to say that, but this is not a good trait and I don’t think it is much used. Interrupting is not so easy in the first place, and this trait would only have value in a group (because it gives AOE confusion), but conditions rarely live long in a group. There are discussions on the mesmer forum on how to change it because IT IS BAD.

It was stated that having necros having an up time on chill of 100% was overpowered. So why isnt it overpowered for a mesmer to have the same on confusion? Confusion, in my opinion, being the harsher of the two. Go fight the current cheese mesmer , 100% uptime of blinds, confusions and torments that constantly apply themselves. As well as having insane access to stealth, blocks and invulnerabilities.

Confusion is essentially the only condition that mesmer can dish decently. Chill is not meant to be your bread and butter condition but more of an addition. And between chill and confusion, I would probably prefer confusion. It may do a lot of damage but reduced speed + massively increasing CD is very potent.
For the stealth: yep I agree, that’s super cheesy and I hate it. Invulnerability is good (and I would love necro to have some) but if you except stealth, that is mesmer’s only survivability tool.

Not to say that this broken design of mesmers( its not a build, no programmer in their right mind would think it’s balanced) isn’t unbeatable but it sure shows the difference in some classes.

I am very surprised you’re here attacking condition mesmers (I guess you’re a WvWer) because

• The OP mesmer was power mesmer able to 100-0 from stealth. But this one has been tone down quite a bit in the last patch. This was much needed although I think they partly missed the core of the problem (the stealth and the guaranteed stun).
  • As a necro, seeing a condi mesmer should put a smile on your face. Necro hard-counters ANY condi build especially the bursty ones (burn guardian, shatter condi mesmer).
  • Mesmer is meant to be annoying to fight against. Its core aspect is the lockdown: preventing you from playing or punishing you for doing it. But there is another one who has a similar design philosophy… a necro sends you back your condition, corrupts your boon, effectively returning your actions against you.

So yes, necro needs some love and mesmer needed some nerf (but I feel the last patch already did its job), but you seem to point at odd places.

in Necromancer

Aerrin.5639

I can really see here that a lot of people don’t really sit down and think with their heads first before posting. It makes it really hard to want to sit through and find posts worth reading that address the issue at hand and a lot of you demand changes but offer no proper solutions.

Look, we need changes but rather than crying over it and cursing more than a irate pirate how about you guys propose solutions? Give the devs a bigger picture rather than a fowl image. Write down number tweaks, skill changes, trait ideas.

Also, just because Robert works on both the Necromancer and the Mesmer that does not mean he’s the only one who works on them. I’m starting to think you guys are missing the whole point of what “team” means.

in Necromancer

Silverkey.2078

@Aerrin
I think the necro forum is full of constructive feedbacks and suggestion for the core necro but unfortunately sunk beneath a mass of other posts.

As for the reaper, I think a lot of people are already criticizing without having tried it yet. I personally feel a strong potential both in terms of fun and efficiency (except in PvE), but keep my actual judgement for this week-end.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

We got a response! Hallelujah!

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Aerrin.5639

@Aerrin
I think the necro forum is full of constructive feedbacks and suggestion for the core necro but unfortunately sunk beneath a mass of other posts.

As for the reaper, I think a lot of people are already criticizing without having tried it yet. I personally feel a strong potential both in terms of fun and efficiency (except in PvE), but keep my actual judgement for this week-end.

I wish I could be there to test the reaper, though, I’m not smart like some of our bigger names in the Necro industry. But I would try to give feedback if I could. There isn’t much I could offer for the core but I gave it a shot.

in Necromancer

Odeezee.7362

Gee isn’t in charge of every day balance alone, that isn’t how a balance team works, so blaming him alone for every single Necromancer change is ignorant. Since May, Gee has only had 2 months to do anything, as he said this current patch of Beta was locked a month ago. So May/June was the only time he had to work, and since then he made a great change for RS 2 in response to feedback, as well as really good changes to the 4 skill of Reaper, and we’ll figure out what else. Blaming him while he single-handily did that amazing trait patch we had is a bit ridiculous, let’s get through beta, give him feedback, and see how it develops before we jump down the throat of the only dev to post this much on the Necro forums ever.

when did i blame Robert alone? i said DEVS i only mentioned Robert as HE made the change to RS himself! and like i said i want to see result and the only interaction we have had from devs is through poorly conceived nerfs to the profession since this year began. hearing him talk to us maybe nice for some, but after 3 years I want to see patchnotes of positive changes to the profession from devs.

in Necromancer

Odeezee.7362

I can really see here that a lot of people don’t really sit down and think with their heads first before posting. It makes it really hard to want to sit through and find posts worth reading that address the issue at hand and a lot of you demand changes but offer no proper solutions.

Look, we need changes but rather than crying over it and cursing more than a irate pirate how about you guys propose solutions? Give the devs a bigger picture rather than a fowl image. Write down number tweaks, skill changes, trait ideas.

Also, just because Robert works on both the Necromancer and the Mesmer that does not mean he’s the only one who works on them. I’m starting to think you guys are missing the whole point of what “team” means.

dude, we HAVE been giving feedback on Necro since Beta, and after seeing some good suggestions for Necro go to the Revenant and with our core concerns still unaddressed there are many tired of the mistreatment of Necros shown by the devs, yet already strong meta professions just keep getting stronger. remember actions speak louder than words!