Could something be done with the Flesh Wurm?

in Necromancer

Posted by: WindFall.1479

WindFall.1479

Yeah it has the highest base damage compared to any other minion in the game, but my God the attack speed and projectile speed is so slow not even quickness can save it.

I can’t speak about its secondary skill and its overall usefulness in PvP and WvW, although I have to imagine that there are better options out there like Spectral Walk.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

It’s personally my favorite minion when I get to use him during fractals. The swap makes for some nice skips.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Giving it a faster cast time and/or longer range would be nice. I don’t know about anyone else but personally, escapes are all I use this thing for. It feels to me like it doesn’t need to have an offensive component at all. It should be like Mesmers Blink except that it’s pre-cast not instant cast.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

In sPvP it’s good only for escape since it’s attack speed is slow. But it’s damage is still good and it was used against the old diamond cele ele to take him under that kitten 90%hp to make him killable.
Now it’s only a bad teleport skill with a little fo damage, nothing more.

For PvE I don’t know, I don’t use MM in PvE/Dungeon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

He’s great for skipping the electric floor on aetherblade fractal or for soloing heat room without any rods in Thaumanova. Sure a pure teleport skill would be better but us necros never get anything that easy. Hell even our elite spec gap closer is locked behind our Shroud (Death’s Charge).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Sub par teleport and negligible damage. :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Sub par teleport and negligible damage. :/

Sums it up quite nicely.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Faster attack and projectile speed would certainly be nice, considering its a “turret” that you have to re-summon for every encounter. Its already far more limited than other minions for that reason, so it should at least deal good damage at a decent rate to make up for it. Ought to be a projectile finisher too, for that matter.

My main issue with the skill is how the teleport pathing check is handled, though. Why is the path check on the summon and not the teleport itself? I want to summon the thing on top of a rock or something to keep it out of harms way, but I can’t do that unless I’m standing on the spot myself because of the path check. And even if I AM standing on the rock, half the time it still won’t work because my cursor is a millimeter too far to the right and I can’t teleport past that little bump or something.