Crazy Necro

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

I was running around in a border when I ran across a necro. Normaly.. I just kill them and Move on but.. This necro literally wiped me out so fast there was nothing I could do. I went to press a key, them I was feared with ever condition in the game on me and went down so fast there was NOTHING I could do about it… I moved on… not used to losign lack that, so I started to wander around again. Till I ran into-him again. This time I tried to escape this by dropping null field RIGHT on top of me ( I’m a Mesmer) running ALL my anti-condition stuff. I moved did everything I could. but the moment he hit me one time I just melted… Idk what kind of build he was running but it was crazy, and as far as I can tell there is no counter… Any ideas?

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Signet of Spite applies nearly every condition all at once.

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

What gear you are using ?

SFR

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

if your running berserker (aka no bigger health pool since conditions bypass toughness due to the mass Condition removal in the game) then that would be normal , hell ive had a thief 2 shot my necro with 100% LF pool DS going , 1st shot destroyed the DS , 2nd hit downed me (1st was attack from stealth) , sorta wish i had gotten that log too , cause even wearing berserker gear that was still ridiculous (power necro btw , conditionmancers are sorta meh and not as effective as ppl make them out to be with all the Condition Removals in the game)

(edited by Enundr.9305)

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

I was running full rabid so the Hp pull might have been a problem but I had gone serveral traits deep in Inspire, so I had about 18K

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

hard to say then , ive never been killed by another necro , most of them end up sucking , like i said the most ridiculous one ive seen was the 2 shot thief , as in 1 shot normal health bar to downed state after 1 shotting my death shroud from stealth. as bad as necros can allegedly be , im sry but the fact that the thief was even capable of doing that is enough to warrant that as BS , im not even sure how he did that much dmg either is the funny part. were talking 21k health normal , and then the DS healthbar (what 60% of health give or take depending on what random ppl have been saying) , thats an insane amount of dmg right there with no chance to react.

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I run exactly like the Necro u described basicly a 30-20-20-0-0 Build. Its Avery fast powerful Condi-Burst build. I hit you with Signet of Spite pop into DS hit you with Torment then Fear out of DS again Hit you with 2 and 3 on Staff then AoE Fear of staff.

Burn ticks for 800, Bleed for 140 (alot higher with torment) and Terror for 1300, u need to specc for Heal lears a Condition atleast.

its a very powerful Build

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

As a condition mesmer you’ll have a hard fight against a condition necro, in fact my best advice would be to avoid the fight,

You can recognize a condition necro by his weapons Scepter + Dagger and Staff,

On the other hand, if you are using blink traited with far reaching manipulations you can give it a try and if things gets too hot you can retreat with ease,

You need to be carefull of putrid mark, (he will send all his conditions back to you), plage signet, (idem as putrid mark) and deathly swarm, (will transfer conditions too),

On top of this he can clean all conditions and heal each 25 seconds, and he will heal more per each conditions removed,

Watch out for marks, you need to equip at least one stun breaker to stop the fear, (it will do a lot of damage),

He’s probably running 30/20/0/0/20,

Mesmer condition removal is pretty poor and necromancer base health is pretty high, (only by passed by warriors), and if the necromancer is wearing carrion it will take you ages to kill him with conditions,

As I said, a good necromancer should be able to kill you with ease,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Run! Kaamau Run!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Did you see any boon corruption?

If he didn’t use any, stability would be a very powerful counter against the common terror build, not only does it stop the CC it also negates the terror damage.
Like any burst build, all damage comes upfront, burn, terror and most mass bleed applications, if you can stability the first few seconds and THEN mass-cleanse you will have a big advantage.

Usually Terrormancers have 0 access to stability, so if you can force out his dodges you can stun-lock pretty reliably and he should be at your mercy.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

You must be from JQ, and ran into me last night…..

All joking aside, a normal WvW mesmer build is about the most likely to get completely stomped by a condition necro in 1v1. Reasons why:

1. You have few condition clears that work well against a necro. Null field is one condition at a time, which is laughable compared to how many can be applied (and aside from Glamour WvW mesmers, most don’t run this).
2. You have on rabid gear, which is also the weakest gear set against conditions.
3. You have no stability, because you and the rest of the WvW community doesn’t waste time with stability or mantras.

As a condition mesmer, your best bet is to be running a heavy stealth build with the boons on stealth trait, and stealth as often as possible to try and confuse the necro, using as many dodge rolls to avoid him as possible and hoping to get good damage out of your shatter 2.

That being said, if you were running glamour, you have no chance realistically, and if you were running conditions shatter, you are still not all that well off, as they can just remove all of that in one heal, and your direct damage is very weak in rabid.

It is almost a complete counter to a rabid mesmer to run a condition necro, unless they take every single available clear, and even then, because the necro can just transfer the confusion back to you – you are not likely to win.

Also, condition necro is in almost an unbeatable position right now in 1v1 WvW. The good news for you is, that WvW has nothing to do with 1v1, and just don’t engage next time, or get caught running around with your pants down (IE stealth away next time). Treat them like a permastealth thief and just run away.

Despite the overwhelming power of conditions in WvW and 1v1, you will still see far more power builds, because they are quite a bit better for large group fighting. Chalk this one up to bad luck and remember what to do next time.

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: BioHaZarD.7904

BioHaZarD.7904

was it on FABL?
if yes then sorry xD

Crazy Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I was running around in a border when I ran across a necro. Normaly.. I just kill them and Move on but.. This necro literally wiped me out so fast there was nothing I could do. I went to press a key, them I was feared with ever condition in the game on me and went down so fast there was NOTHING I could do about it… I moved on… not used to losign lack that, so I started to wander around again. Till I ran into-him again. This time I tried to escape this by dropping null field RIGHT on top of me ( I’m a Mesmer) running ALL my anti-condition stuff. I moved did everything I could. but the moment he hit me one time I just melted… Idk what kind of build he was running but it was crazy, and as far as I can tell there is no counter… Any ideas?

If you are running the current condi build mesmers run with 20/20/30 runes of lyssa or some variation all rabid with scepter/torch and staff. Then its a winnable fight for sure but you have to be patient and you definitely want to hit the scepter block. I would say the fight is pretty even if you are running that particular build.

There is a decent amount of condi removal in the build with torch and mage removing a condi and lyssa for the full wipe you don’t want to be close to the necro at all unless you are trying to get the torment stacks on him. If you are running some other condi build I am not familiar with then its going to be difficult null field is not good enough to stand against the condi pressure because necros can reapply easy.

If you aren’t familiar with necros then its hard to tell which are the important attacks. Think of it like fighting a direct damage thief or another mesmer anything direct damage and bursty you are familiar with. You want to try to avoid the important attacks if they go into ds then invis or dodge because they are going to try to fear you and that is instant from ds.

Also what Ren said about the stealth build avoidance is much better in this fight than null field I use to hate veil but I run it now in my mesmer condi build(which is ok but compared to a necro condi build just is blown out of the water) just invis alot keep distance and let your clones do the work.. Necro condi removal is very good and can transfer back to you by keeping yourself hidden then he will have no choice put to put the condi on one of your clones.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)