CttB vs Golem

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Just wondering…if this was a 1v1 fight, will CttB be better or Golem?

Golem charge knockdown is faster and longer range and less expected.

CttB requires you to disable your opponent first with a fear maybe to have a higher chance of pulling off, but it adds chill and damage and 2sec resist when it hits.

Which will you choose?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Golem if he’s working properly. Chilled to the Bone will be vastly better when facing more foes.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

A 2 sec cast time elite to stun enemy(ies) for 2 second, which can be blocked/evaded/blinded and has 120 sec cd?

Or a Moving Sandbag which does most of the time nothing, will charge to a random direction sometimes, but has 40-60 sec cd?

I’ll choose Moa.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Since these shouts cause damage, I wonder if they would require any LoS to proc. Was this ever addressed in the livestream?

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I chose answer C: Racial elite.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

Ragnar knows what he’s talking about. Human Racial Elite will be amazing with Reaper for sure. Reaper of Grenth

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

unfortunately i am an asura necro.
but i can see grenth being a huge elite for pvp.
less so for wvw roaming become you just get kited to death against non-melee classes.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

unfortunately i am an asura necro.
but i can see grenth being a huge elite for pvp.
less so for wvw roaming become you just get kited to death against non-melee classes.

Can’t use racials in pvp, sadly. Still, for open world, dungeons, and WvW, it’ll be grand.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Ragnar knows what he’s talking about. Human Racial Elite will be amazing with Reaper for sure. Reaper of Grenth

That’s assuming racial skills will still be around once the new trait/skill unlocking system goes into place.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

Seriously, the only good elites are lich and plague. The golem is sometimes useful for being a meat shield. The shout seems awful in PVE and will never see its full potential in sPVP.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

That’s assuming racial skills will still be around once the new trait/skill unlocking system goes into place.

I’d be a tad disappointed if they did tbh

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Harnel.6810

Seriously, the only good elites are lich and plague. The golem is sometimes useful for being a meat shield. The shout seems awful in PVE and will never see its full potential in sPVP.

On the contrary – lich form can be a big hindrance in a few situations, particularly when enemies have reflects, and plague form is terrible if you aren’t a condi spec. the Golem may not always be the best choice, but it’s far from useless, and it has consistent, decent damage.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

On the contrary – lich form can be a big hindrance in a few situations, particularly when enemies have reflects, and plague form is terrible if you aren’t a condi spec. the Golem may not always be the best choice, but it’s far from useless, and it has consistent, decent damage.

That might be true. Lich is easily countered by blinds and reflects, but by and large its a better option than golem. Though i suppose you’re right, golem has its place.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

You don’t take plague form for the condi damage, you take it for the blinds and the chill if you traited for it. Very useful vs zergs.

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

WIll be the go to in WvW for sure. Synergy with chilling force, blighters boon, putrid defense, cold shoulder, bitter chill, chilling nova, deathly chill, and potentially blighters boon.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Harnel.6810

WIll be the go to in WvW for sure. Synergy with chilling force, blighters boon, putrid defense, cold shoulder, bitter chill, chilling nova, deathly chill, and potentially blighters boon.

So much synergy with Blighter’s Boon, it’s mentioned TWICE.

Seriously though, assuming everybody’s standing still you can go from half HP to full using chilling nova, chilling force, and blighter’s boon alone.

(edited by Harnel.6810)

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Thats only half true. IF the AI would work properly fleshgolem would be amazing. IF the AI would work properly, we would get good dps and CC out of the elite on a rather low cooldown. Actually IF the AI would work properly, i would rate it over Lich and plague (while Lich and plague being more situational skills). The meat shield would only be a nice bonus…

But the big IF is the reason why we hardly see our fleshy…

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

Thats only half true. IF the AI would work properly fleshgolem would be amazing. IF the AI would work properly, we would get good dps and CC out of the elite on a rather low cooldown. Actually IF the AI would work properly, i would rate it over Lich and plague (while Lich and plague being more situational skills). The meat shield would only be a nice bonus…

But the big IF is the reason why we hardly see our fleshy…

I agree. cripple on autos, on demand interrupt, 1k dmg autos…
if only the golem AI worked normally like a ranger pet…
I mean why can’t they just transfer the ranger pet AI to a golem?

CttB vs Golem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I will take Chilled to the Bone.

Unless Lich Form is avalible

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144