Curses Revamp

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Pretty sure none of us like how curses is going to turn out when it goes live, so let’s fix it before it’s too late. It’s a total mess in Anet’s current upcoming iteration.

These are my ideas:

Baseline necromancer changes
- Wail of Doom no longer inflicts daze; now inflicts 2s of fear in a conal arc.

Minors
Barbed Precision – Critical hits have 66% chance to inflict bleed.
Furious Demise – Gain fury when entering death shroud.
Reaper’s Precision – Critical hits have 33% chance to grant 1% life force.

Adept
Chilling Darkness – Blinding foes inflicts chill.
Toxic Landing – Fall damage stuff; corruption skills recharge 20% faster.
Weakening Shroud – Cast enfeebling blood when entering death shroud. (No CD)

Master
Lingering Curse – Condition dmg +150 and condition duration +10% on nearby allies.
Path of Corruption – Dark Path converts 2 boons into conditions.
Banshee’s Wail – Warhorn skills recharge 20% faster and are 50% more effective.

Grandmaster
Withering Precision – Life blast transfers 1 condition to foes on critical hits or life blast inflicts weakness on critical hits.
Parasitic Contagion – Outgoing condition damage heals you.
Terror – Fear deals damage.

A layout like this will actually synergize with other trait lines. The maximum fear duration that Wail of Doom could achieve is 4s if you trait for Banshee’s Wail and Master of Terror in Soul Reaping; fear makes more sense and synergy than daze.

We get rid of the terrible Target the Weak trait and move Reaper’s Precision in its place which, in turn, stops that trait from sucking as well. It makes sense as the grandmaster minor because it’s based on critical hits like the rest of the minors are. Grants some survivability.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Don’t take my Lingering Curse away. I need that. Plus you’ve literally stolen 110% bleed duration from me and taken away a useful master trait. If anything, Toxic landing should be improved and parasitic contagion should removed and replaced with something more useful.

Also, the grandmaster you’ve replaced LC with Your Withering Precision would be insanely broken with the reaper.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Instead of getting rid of Target the Weak, why not merge it with Reaper’s Precision? It’s a strong minor trait will offer crit chance for condition builds that opt for non-precision gear.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Zefrost.3425

Also, the grandmaster you’ve replaced LC with Your Withering Precision would be insanely broken with the reaper.

Not really. In the example I gave you would have to spec into Reaper, Blood Magic and Curses. Decimate Defenses (vulnerability = more precision) doesn’t really do much for this build and the fury from Furious Demise only lasts 5s. You won’t be achieving 100% critical hit chance unless you become a glass cannon.

If you skip the blood magic part then you could go into soul reaping and achieve 100%.

But you also have to be around multiple enemies for it to really make a difference.

And let’s be realistic… Anet is completely throwing balance out the window with all of these changes they’re making anyway. Everything is going to be broken when it ships.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Good changes. Maybe drop Terror down a tier. Make Lingering Curse, but up the increased +Condi Duration to 25%. Would help better with condi builds that don’t want to sustain with DS/RS in order to be stronger at maintaining heavy condi pressure. Also, then it wouldn’t compete with PoC for Dhummfire builds. And with the condi changes, my version would give a bit party support seeing the amount of might/Fury a party can maintain.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I hope you guys understand that we are losing a tone of condition and boon duration with the coming changes. Lingering Curse isn’t busted as is, its better then it used to be but not by much.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Not really. In the example I gave you would have to spec into Reaper, Blood Magic and Curses. Decimate Defenses (vulnerability = more precision) doesn’t really do much for this build and the fury from Furious Demise only lasts 5s. You won’t be achieving 100% critical hit chance unless you become a glass cannon.

If you skip the blood magic part then you could go into soul reaping and achieve 100%.

But you also have to be around multiple enemies for it to really make a difference.

And let’s be realistic… Anet is completely throwing balance out the window with all of these changes they’re making anyway. Everything is going to be broken when it ships.

I don’t need to spec into precision. I can take Soul reaping along with reaper and get 100% crit chance with 0 investment in precision. Or I can get minor precision gear and still get 100% crit chance without soul reaping. Its insanely broken. I’d be transferring minimum of 2.5 conditions a second. Max would be 12.5 a second. That is absolutely busted.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

These changes would be good for both full condi and hybrid builds IMO OP. Also, RP kinda sucks tbh. I think the free 2-16% extra crit chance is good for both tbh.
If we could only get one other support trait, allies receive +150 Ferocity (revert Axe Training and add this buff?), could be really nice.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Tman.6349

Could even keep RP at GM minor and change Furious Demise to the new grandmaster (2% Crit chanceper condi). More reliable, constant increased Crit chance thought a fight would be more useful than short duration fury on DS.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Zefrost.3425

I don’t need to spec into precision. I can take Soul reaping along with reaper and get 100% crit chance with 0 investment in precision. Or I can get minor precision gear and still get 100% crit chance without soul reaping. Its insanely broken. I’d be transferring minimum of 2.5 conditions a second. Max would be 12.5 a second. That is absolutely busted.

It would be with an auto attack that requires you to be in melee range at all times. I still doubt it would be overpowered because underwater plague blast baseline transfers 1 condition but that’s a ranged attack that is safer to use whereas this would require you to be in melee range and have high critical hit chance.

Though I suppose Withering Precision could cause life blast to inflict weakness on critical hits instead of transfer a condition. I’d be cool with that too.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

The only issue I have is that all 3 grandmasters are condition based. I know this is the “condi” specialization, but having all 3 revolve around needing condition damage hinders Curse’s build Variety.

Lingering Curse: a trait that only necros that are condi based and using a scepter will use
Parasitic Contagion: More defensive, but still relies on the player using a condition based build to get the most out of it.
Terror: another trait that relies on condition builds.

The problem here is that by having grandmasters like these, the player is forced to Be a condition necromancer if they want to get the most out of this specialization, considering that all the final options revolve around build type. Other traits like Banshee’s wail, will no longer be part of power builds or else they would be a weak build. Please more variety in the grandmasters. Some traits need to be shuffled around at least.

Curses Revamp

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

It would be with an auto attack that requires you to be in melee range at all times. I still doubt it would be overpowered because underwater plague blast baseline transfers 1 condition but that’s a ranged attack that is safer to use whereas this would require you to be in melee range and have high critical hit chance.

Though I suppose Withering Precision could cause life blast to inflict weakness on critical hits instead of transfer a condition. I’d be cool with that too.

And plague blast is considered busted beyond repair. The underwater death shroud is absolutely amazing, it easily makes necromancer one of the best, if not the best underwater fighter. And that can’t do nearly as much as your suggestion.

Lets not forget that Reaper has chill coming out of its ears. Who’s going to escape them? You’re options would quickly become run away or run away. Good luck killing them.

No, necromancer has enough condition transfer. Leave Lingering curse alone. its perfect where it is. Parasitic Contagion is trash and should be replaced. Curse is honestly fine other then a couple of underwhelming traits. Parasitic Contagion, Toxic landing and maybe target the weak. But with the Reaper, I don’t think target the weak will be all that bad, sounds better each day. Lingering curse is absolutely needed to make a condi mancer viable. At them moment, they are not and Terror wont be able to make them viable.