Curses - master tier traits

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Anyone else annoyed at how difficult it is to choose between those traits? I know necro has a lot of tiers in its traitlines where traits are completely redundant when compared to one golden trait that is a must to pick but the situationshould be that there is a must trait to pick depending on the style of your build in my opinion.

Despite there being many reasons not to take the corruption’s reduced cd trait I feel i cant even experiment with it due to terror and while we’re at it also path of corruption trait being there to have to weigh up the pros n cons for.

I dont think anet are even aware that this is an issue, surely we need to make a bit more of an uproar about it.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Yes, it has been a constant problem with the whole tree. While they did want us to have to make tough choices this is the wrong way to go about it. The corruption trait is definitely not worthy of being master tier, and needs to go down to adept. Terror is super build defining because it makes condition builds bursty and needs a damage buff so it can move up to gm. Path of corruption is probably master worthy.

Another problem is that their is no choice at adept tier. Both chilling darkness and the fall damage trait are super bad, plagues sending is good but even if it wasn’t no one would take the other two.

The GMs have a similar issue, Parasitic contagion doesn’t make sense as a trait. If you are getting a lot of healing out of it your already facerolling your opponents, so it is pointless. The scepter trait creates too many balance problems and the scepter as a whole needs work. I’m fine with weakening shroud, but many think it isn’t gm worthy either.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I think we should highlight that while we did initially ask for terror to be moved down that was because we wanted the old version of the lingering curses trait where it sounded like all condis would have +100% duration while on the scepter weapon set. But they nerfed the trait AND moved terror down.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I think we should highlight that while we did initially ask for terror to be moved down that was because we wanted the old version of the lingering curses trait where it sounded like all condis would have +100% duration while on the scepter weapon set. But they nerfed the trait AND moved terror down.

That’s a good point, I’d like them to buff base scepter. Make the trait 20% condition duration on all conditions and the 150 condi damage. Move it to master and move terror up to GM and buff it in some way. Maybe straight up more damage, or more damage on interrupt, or merge in other fear related traits.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Actually, we didn’t want it moved down. Toward the end of the discussion on the traits People wanted Terror to stay at grandmaster and fused with Fear of Death(once Master of terror) and increase its damage to compete with Lingering Curse in a more bursty role.

in Necromancer

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Being GM worthy or not doesn’t make any sense anymore since you need exactly the same investment for an adept and for a GM.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

so how about

Path of corruption baseline

Terror a Minor trait in curses.
since they have no intention of restoring the damage shave that came with dumbfire and it requires a master tier trait in soul reaping to improve it.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Being GM worthy or not doesn’t make any sense anymore since you need exactly the same investment for an adept and for a GM.

Actually it does since adepts and GMs have different levels of power. Compare Unyielding Blast and Death Perception. Unyielding Blast is neat and all, but I’d pick Death Perception every time.

so how about

Path of corruption baseline

Terror a Minor trait in curses.
since they have no intention of restoring the damage shave that came with dumbfire and it requires a master tier trait in soul reaping to improve it.

Personally I would prefer just moving Terror to GM, but I suppose this works.

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Yes, it has been a constant problem with the whole tree. While they did want us to have to make tough choices this is the wrong way to go about it. The corruption trait is definitely not worthy of being master tier, and needs to go down to adept. Terror is super build defining because it makes condition builds bursty and needs a damage buff so it can move up to gm. Path of corruption is probably master worthy.

Another problem is that their is no choice at adept tier. Both chilling darkness and the fall damage trait are super bad, plagues sending is good but even if it wasn’t no one would take the other two.

The GMs have a similar issue, Parasitic contagion doesn’t make sense as a trait. If you are getting a lot of healing out of it your already facerolling your opponents, so it is pointless. The scepter trait creates too many balance problems and the scepter as a whole needs work. I’m fine with weakening shroud, but many think it isn’t gm worthy either.

Well, it’s clear you aren’t a fan of corruption, which is fine, but I’m loving it (and MoC is very much a build defining trait…hell I’d take it as a GM), and parasitic contagion goes with it quite well.

I have bigger issues with the adept tier on soul reaping.

People really like Terror that much? We don’t have that many sources of fear and they tend to be quite short. What am I missing here?

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Well, it’s clear you aren’t a fan of corruption, which is fine, but I’m loving it (and MoC is very much a build defining trait…hell I’d take it as a GM), and parasitic contagion goes with it quite well.

I have bigger issues with the adept tier on soul reaping.

People really like Terror that much? We don’t have that many sources of fear and they tend to be quite short. What am I missing here?

Terror does enough damage for that to not matter. Also, how exactly do you find MoC as a build defining trait? Because I can’t think of a single way to use it well.

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Actually, we didn’t want it moved down. Toward the end of the discussion on the traits People wanted Terror to stay at grandmaster and fused with Fear of Death(once Master of terror) and increase its damage to compete with Lingering Curse in a more bursty role.

Yeah that would’ve made sense, make you choose between Terror for burst or Lingering Curse for duration. Unfortunately they nerfed Lingering Curse to the ground so that’s no longer a meaningful choice. Personally I would rather Path of Corruption go up to GM where it used to be, and that way you could have a choice between WEakening Shroud if you have enough crit chance to proc it, or PoC if you’re running Carrion.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Ugh, just lost my post.

I think it is build-defining because it is an all-in sort of thing, at least to me. I’ve got a full bar of corruption skills (consume condition, corrosive, BiP, epidemic, plague). Every 20 seconds I’m sending weakness, bleed, and torment with staff/dagger 4 on top of the normal effects of CPC and BiP and can then double it to a group with epidemic if need be.

I’m sure there are better builds out there, but this works really well for me. Probably not something you would use in PvP, but great in PvE and should be a blast in WvW zergs (looking forward to trying this in a couple of days).