D/D or D/F power builds for wvw

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stabu.1763

Stabu.1763

Anyone know a good D/D or D/F power build? cond dmg is getting boring, need to switch it up

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Neither tbh. Its all about the warhorn.

Focus – due to the number of enemies, focus 4 is pointless. focus 5 is MAYBE useful for slowing down a straggler, but stragglers will die from ranged attacks anyways.

Dagger – blinding 3 enemies out of a possible 10+ is not very useful, and you’ll probably just blind off an autoattack. Enfeebling blood is OK though.

Warhorn – aoe daze against enemies you’ll be toe to toe with? win. Crippling people you’ll be toe to toe with? More win.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Stabu.1763

Ok so a good D/W build then :P was thinking life stealing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

you are bored with condition but think you wont get bored with dagger main hand when most WvW fights are ranged tower attack/defense? wut?

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

Stabu.1763

i pretty much cap camps so it should work ok?

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

you are bored with condition but think you wont get bored with dagger main hand when most WvW fights are ranged tower attack/defense? wut?

Its actually thrilling to duck in and out of your mob of allies for quick kills when you aren’t attacking a fort. Also, you can use pull and immobilize to kill enemies who stand on parapets.

i run a 0/20/0/20/30 dagger build. its great fun!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

if that is what you do yea, should work ok. I just often find myself in ranged battles and honestly wonder how melee spec’d people have fun in WvW

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

if that is what you do yea, should work ok. I just often find myself in ranged battles and honestly wonder how melee spec’d people have fun in WvW

When you kill people as quickly as you can with a berserker set you’ll see why its fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i dont think dagger/power builds are viable in any way, compared to staff/scepter/x. we’ll have to wait for patch, but currently there’s no reason to go axe or dagger MH.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

i dont think dagger/power builds are viable in any way, compared to staff/scepter/x. we’ll have to wait for patch, but currently there’s no reason to go axe or dagger MH.

Dagger/WH Power w/Staff for Marks and 2 slotted wells = win

Very viable at range and in melee. Can solo supply camps easily great at roaming as well. Can provide some minor team support/utility with wells as well. Fantastic during defenses w/mark&well bombing. You can dagger melee rams through the gate (dagger hits like a truck w/full sequence) Warhorn daze will hit people on the other side of the gate too when defending. Works well also for hit and runs going out building up some life force with dagger and taking half their life in the process going DS →finishing them off running back inside. Rinse Repeat.

During assaults on a keep/tower dagger will have a bit less function unless you spectral grasp people off walls and kitten their face w/the dagger. You’ll want to staff for marks on edges of walls and drop wells obviously in those situations but keep/tower assaults is actually a fairly minor part of WvW unless you’re on some bottom-tier ranked server that isn’t defending/fortifying and cutting off supply.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

Dagger MH on crit builds can easily crit upwards of 5k with just simple auto attacks. Drop a good well and a dark pact (which crits hard too) and you can kill people before a conditionmancer can say rending curse.