DPS- What am I doing wrong?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hey, I’m running full Zerker set (full ascended trinkets, zerker exotic armor with ruby orbs, zerker weapons with sigil of forge+ruby orb).

My traits are:
6, V, X, XII
5, IV, VIII
3, III

Yet I still find I am doing low damage with dagger autoattack.

On an enemy with 18-20 Vulnerability and only 10 Might myself, I am only doing 4.2k damage on the third autoattack. Similarly, my Life Blast (Death Shroud) is dealing only 4.7k.

I’ve seen videos of people doing 8.9k damage with Life Blast, and 7k with dagger autoattack. Brazil himself dealt 12k damage on the third strike against creatures in Arah.

Foes I’ve tested against are the Salamander Drakes in Dry Top, Kinva the Butcher in HoTW p1, and various Event champions in Frostgorge Sound and Dry Top.

Just what am I doing wrong with Necro damage? Why is my damage so low?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

First off is ruby orbs, which are really subpar now. Also in those videos are the Necromancers alone or in a group (group buffs matter a ton)?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Kain Francois.4328

I have tested both solo and group, with similar results to each other, both lower than what I see in videos.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Because you are using ruby orbs. And the videos you are watching are probably pre crit damage nerf. Its a little harder to get 7k dagger autos now.

Buffs you need to consider. Banner of discipline, banner of strength, might, vuln, fury and maybe frost spirit and spotter. Also in arah for example you would need undead + force sigils to get a 15% damage boost.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Kain Francois.4328

How much damage SHOULD I be doing solo and in group?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Get scholar runes and a sigil of force, you will see changes
Just autoattacking with dagger in zerk gear means you do enough dmg for dungeons:P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Ruby orbs pull ahead of scholar runes if you are <90%. but around 3% more dps otherwise. While ruby orbs are not the biggest issue, it certainly can make a wee bit o’ difference.

The problem with DnT videos, is when they show you dmg numbers, its always with every buff imaginable and unrealistic settings.

In most groups you aren’t going to have 25 stacks of vuln, 25 stacks of might, frost spirit, disc banner, str banner, etc.

Why do you have 3 points in Death magic?

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ruby orbs pull ahead of scholar runes if you are <90%. but around 3% more dps otherwise. While ruby orbs are not the biggest issue, it certainly can make a wee bit o’ difference.

Thats not true anymore. Ever since ferocity got introduced ruby orbs became complete trash because they only give 5% crit damage total now. The whole reason they were ok before was because they gave more crit damage than scholar runes.

You will recieve pathetic damage until you get some proper runes. Any dps runeset would be better than ruby orbs.