DS kills Minions?

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So I just rolled a necro and I of course have that ugly floating healing minion following me. When I come out of DS he’s gone. Did he get killed or do minions die automatically when DS is used? Do they die from all forms (Lich, racials?)

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lessurl.6107

lessurl.6107

Minions don’t die when you go into DS, they do die from other transforms though (including if a Mesmer uses his Moa elite on you).

Vallurl[TOG] – Elementalist – Yak’s Bend
Valless[TOG] – Necromancer – Yak’s Bend
Vallrior[TOG] – Warrior – Yak’s Bend

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Seras.5702

So something like Avatar of Melandru will kill all my minions? If traited, will they all pop the poison nova too? What about Lich Form?

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

lich form will kill them, not sure if it will proc the death nova.

I plan to do some extensive tests tonight with death nova

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Seras.5702

Keep me posted cuz this could be a nice minion bomb idea. Amass an army and detonate them all at once, creating a poisonous battlefield and entering Lich at the same time.

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

merch.1026

depending on your damage stats plague might be better + instant and lots of toughness

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yeah, I hate that Lich Form kills them. It has a minion skill itself and I was looking to make a MM hybrid build using Lich Form until I tested it and it killed my other minions. Disappointing and hopefully a bug rather than intentional.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

merch.1026

From my tests with death nova,
Transformations will kill pets without any death nova.
Death nova does 0 damage (unlike the 6 rune in afflicted) when it explodes the poison is now working at least. unless they add a damage component this trait is pointless.

DS kills Minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

From my tests with death nova,
Transformations will kill pets without any death nova.
Death nova does 0 damage (unlike the 6 rune in afflicted) when it explodes the poison is now working at least. unless they add a damage component this trait is pointless.

I wouldn’t call it pointless, but without damage is is definitely not worth the Grandmaster trait slot. I’d be happy with either a damage component (preferred) or lowering it to a lower trait level.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.