Dagger 2&4/Focus 4&5 Misfiring way too often

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Hell everyone. Lately i’ve been having trouble with some weapon skills going off, but not doing anything. I know I have to face my target for them to hit, but even if there a little to the side, they just miss completely. Doesn’t say Miss,Block, Immune or anything else, just nothing happens and the skill goes on CD. I think it has to do with how close I am to my target. I believe my internet connectioin is very good, so I don’t know what the issue is, but it’s really killing me. Anyone else have this problem?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Dagger 2 in particular is a big offender. It gets cancelled all the times by people moving to the side.

The skill has also a slow activation time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ve never noticed it, but I’ll pay attention better and see if it happens.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’ve been noticing lately that Dagger #4 fails from time to time and sometimes doesn’t transfer conditions even when it connects in WvW.

I never really noticed until I played around with it in sPvP where it seems to work without a problem. But in WvW it doesn’t work pretty regularly for me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Something about Dagger 4: the last time I checked in PvP, it removes 3 conditions on the first bounce, then gives those conditions to everyone it hits. But in PvE (and probably WvW) it transfers 1 condition to every target it hits, requiring 2 bounces / 3 targets before it removes 3 conditions from the player.

What people are seeing may not be related to that, but it’s a bit of strange behavior I thought you might like to know.

As for the others, I know that if you’re directly on top of your target, it’s very easy for them to either flank you enough that they’re out of the attack zone, or even move directly behind you: you may just be getting counterplayed.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Something about Dagger 4: the last time I checked in PvP, it removes 3 conditions on the first bounce, then gives those conditions to everyone it hits. But in PvE (and probably WvW) it transfers 1 condition to every target it hits, requiring 2 bounces / 3 targets before it removes 3 conditions from the player.

What people are seeing may not be related to that, but it’s a bit of strange behavior I thought you might like to know.

As for the others, I know that if you’re directly on top of your target, it’s very easy for them to either flank you enough that they’re out of the attack zone, or even move directly behind you: you may just be getting counterplayed.

I think the bigger problem is that the swarm of Fly?black dots takes about as long as a spectral grasp to land, as in you could go afk, make tea, have a nap, make all of the known world wonders from lego that get destroyed in movies, sit back in you chair just to see the projectile land/miss 1 cm away from the enemy.
Dagger 2 has the problem of being a fixed beam channel (unlike life transfer) and Focus 5 has the same invis projectile thing with CB and Epidemic going on.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I think the bigger problem is that the swarm of Fly?black dots takes about as long as a spectral grasp to land, as in you could go afk, make tea, have a nap, make all of the known world wonders from lego that get destroyed in movies, sit back in you chair just to see the projectile land/miss 1 cm away from the enemy.
Dagger 2 has the problem of being a fixed beam channel (unlike life transfer) and Focus 5 has the same invis projectile thing with CB and Epidemic going on.

1) Yes. Deathly swarm has an incredibly slow travel time.
2) On the bright side, once you start life siphon you don’t have to keep facing your target: they can run behind you / you can run directly away from them and the channel will continue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

The problem with focus 4/5 is that if you circle-strafe your enemy a lot (as I do), and start casting them then turn away from facing your foe directly, or they move to the side/back of you, it will completely miss and go on cooldown. Fun.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That is a pretty big mechanic of the game though, a lot of abilities need to be “aimed” to the target.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

That is a pretty big mechanic of the game though, a lot of abilities need to be “aimed” to the target.

Sure, but wouldn’t it be better if the ability went on the short CD, as if interrupted, instead of full CD even though it didn’t hit or even have any effect whatsoever?

Edit: and with Focus 5 it’s an even bigger deal due to the painfully long cast time giving your foe plenty of time to move around you as you try to cast it. Good luck hitting someone with it who’s right in your face dancing around you.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

No, making a lower CD lowers the skill cap; there is barely any punishment for being bad already.

Focus 5 is the same thing, it is supposed to be a hard to hit ability.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Copenhagen.7015

I agree that its a mechanic of the game, and i’m ok with that. It wasn’t an issue before, but lately in a close quarters match it’s been a problem for me. I’ll try increasing my camera rotation speed to see if it helps.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’ll see if I notice anything when I am in PvPing next (I usually run with axe and dagger so I will be in that zone a lot). Also, do you use the default A/D assigned function to turn your camera?

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Copenhagen.7015

I’ll see if I notice anything when I am in PvPing next (I usually run with axe and dagger so I will be in that zone a lot). Also, do you use the default A/D assigned function to turn your camera?

I use mouse to turn and A/D for strafe. I increased my rotation speed and started being more mindful of my positioning and have been able to overcome this problem. The only time I miss is if someone runs through me and the camera doesn’t rotate fast enough and I end up casting before I turn all the way around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

No, making a lower CD lowers the skill cap; there is barely any punishment for being bad already.

Oh ya? Then whyd they give flanking strike/larc strike for thief lets you steal boons. The casting time of of focus 5 is too long. 1&1/2 seconds is horrible. 3 energy for an invul/evade and then 1 energy for a boon steal? How is that ‘not’ easy. Its also way better than focus 5 doing damage for more boons stripped. Not to mention it can be spammed since its energy dependent like all other thief skills.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Different classes have different needs and different ways they are balanced.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Oh ya? Then whyd they give flanking strike/larc strike for thief lets you steal boons. The casting time of of focus 5 is too long. 1&1/2 seconds is horrible. 3 energy for an invul/evade and then 1 energy for a boon steal? How is that ‘not’ easy. Its also way better than focus 5 doing damage for more boons stripped. Not to mention it can be spammed since its energy dependent like all other thief skills.

Because different classes, different abilities?

To start with, one of them activates at 900 range.