Dark Fields and Necro

Dark Fields and Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

With the inclusion of nightfall, necros now have 5 skills that give a dark field. This is problematic for several reasons. One, blasting a dark field gives blind, and two of those dark fields already pulse blind making the blast finisher combo a bit redundant. Two, leaping through gives a blind but necromancers only leap already applies a blind. Finally, having 5 dark fields is a bit excessive and unnecessary. To fix this I propose that a dark aura is made and given to people who blast or leap through dark fields. This aura could take one of two forms:

Dark aura:
Foes who attack you have life siphoned from them. 250ish siphon just like the bolts.

or

Dark aura:
Foes who attack you are blinded for 2 seconds (2 second per target icd like frost aura I believe).

The final change would be to make well of power a light field, and well of blood a water field. Tell me what you think.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Dark Fields and Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: nscarpenter.9341

nscarpenter.9341

I disagree on the Well of Power change. Light fields don’t fit the Necromancer theme but I would love to see Well of Blood become a water field.

As for the dark fields, Necros are one of the only sources of them. Thieves and Revenants are the only other professions that get access to them, and in a much more limited capacity. If one of our dark fields needs to change I could see Well of Corruption maybe becoming a poison field, but I don’t really feel that it’s necessary.

I love the idea of a dark aura with life siphon though. There have been some complaints about the Reaper being too squishy and I think that would help address those concerns.