Dark Pact

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

So because of the animation, this skill now applies self bleeding. To keep in line with this them, Guardian torch #4 (Zealot’s Flame) will now inflict 2 stacks of self burning for 3s.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Excuse me sir but I would like to BBQ myself and others around me as well

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maethendias.1305

Maethendias.1305

i cant be the only one who totally doesnt understand how condi self bleed is on a powerweapon

like that so does not make any freaking sense….does it?
yes, before you tell me "im an idiot for not knowing how to throw condis around…. " thats not what im saying here. (i actually run condi all the time lel)

dagger main was always a power weapon, and dagger off was condi. if i want to go condi reaper/necro, and throw conditions around like a madmann, i take dagger OFF, not main…
if i want(ed) to play a power shroud build, i take dagger in my main hand…

and now im constantly applying annoying self bleed because i use dagger 3? why? just because of flavour? i would love to see the reasoning behind that… cause i certainly cant wrap my head around this…. its like they now want you to use both daggers, without exception.
that might be a good thing…. (although dagger off hand was used pretty often anyways, if im not mistaken, and didnt really need more incentive to be taken, hell, necro has a whole skilltree for that sole reason) but i dont worry about condis if im sitting in my shroud anyways, no?

but maybe its really just because of flavour… maybe i can only blame my musclememory for hurting myself over and over now…

…. BUT how could they tell me its “flavour” WHEN THEY GOT RID OF THE SLICE SOUND ??

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well i hope we will see more changes to our daggers so that they have more synergy together.

I always hated the fact that our daggers dont work well together. Coming from gw1 even thematically they are not a good match (nether deathly swarm nor enfeebling blood were a bloodmagic skilsl in gw1 while dark pact and life siphon both were bloodmagic skills).

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

the self dmg isnt bothering at all when using a pow build and you can transfer it for a better 2 or use it for vigor with well of pooper.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

@_Maethendias_ I stoped expecting some common sense on the necromancer’s balance.

Tho the whole bleed thingy is probably because they thought that dagger main hand didn’t really fit the Blood magic where it’s dedicated trait sit in.

My opinion is that Dark pact don’t have an effect strong enough to desserve a self bleed. Anet’s opinion is probably that the self bleed is a damage buff itself…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

…. BUT how could they tell me its “flavour” WHEN THEY GOT RID OF THE SLICE SOUND ??

Its absolutely disgusting what they’ve done. Part of the reason I loved this skill so much was because of the animation and sound effects. Well… rip necro dagger mainhand. Few loved you and its very likely even fewer love you now.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The reason they add bleed can be because now if you have bleed on yourself the dagger skill 2 heal for more. If you play a power/tank/heal/vampiric build your condition damage will be so low that you don’t even notice it, while your heal will increase by a lot (expecially with some healing power).

That can be a change made focusing to the next Elite Specializzation…

At the moment, that’s only a trick to obtain more heal from Life Siphon and nothing more. (+20% damage to bleeding foeas and +20% heal if you’re afflicted by bleed). And increase your heal by 20% using a bleed that will inflict you only 440 damage in 10 seconds is a really good excange.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

The reason they add bleed can be because now if you have bleed on yourself the dagger skill 2 heal for more. If you play a power/tank/heal/vampiric build your condition damage will be so low that you don’t even notice it, while your heal will increase by a lot (expecially with some healing power).

That can be a change made focusing to the next Elite Specializzation…

At the moment, that’s only a trick to obtain more heal from Life Siphon and nothing more. (+20% damage to bleeding foeas and +20% heal if you’re afflicted by bleed). And increase your heal by 20% using a bleed that will inflict you only 440 damage in 10 seconds is a really good excange.

Seems like they just added an extra step for no reason other than theme. Why not just make life siphon heal and damage more if the foe has bleeding?

I would get it if they made dagger into a condi melee weapon, but as it stands it makes no sense.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

And increase your heal by 20% using a bleed that will inflict you only 440 damage in 10 seconds is a really good excange.

i guess theres always gonna be those types…

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

And increase your heal by 20% using a bleed that will inflict you only 440 damage in 10 seconds is a really good excange.

i guess theres always gonna be those types…

Yeah, they won’t take into account that bleed actually keep you in combat for those 10 second while your foe swiftly withdrew and recovered it’s health in an instant. But well it sure is worth to bleed for 20% more health provided by a skill that can easily fail.

We would have trait that make us stronger when we harm ourselves, I wouldn’t mind this change but sadly it’s not the case. It’s like spending all your money into a monitor when you don’t even have a computer.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you talk about PvP that’s the worst change ever for shure. I was talking about PvE.
Yes, in sPvP and WvW that change lock you in fight while the enemy can flee and heal. And that’s really bad.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

i cant be the only one who totally doesnt understand how condi self bleed is on a powerweapon

like that so does not make any freaking sense….does it?
yes, before you tell me "im an idiot for not knowing how to throw condis around…. " thats not what im saying here. (i actually run condi all the time lel)

dagger main was always a power weapon, and dagger off was condi. if i want to go condi reaper/necro, and throw conditions around like a madmann, i take dagger OFF, not main…
if i want(ed) to play a power shroud build, i take dagger in my main hand…

and now im constantly applying annoying self bleed because i use dagger 3? why? just because of flavour? i would love to see the reasoning behind that… cause i certainly cant wrap my head around this…. its like they now want you to use both daggers, without exception.
that might be a good thing…. (although dagger off hand was used pretty often anyways, if im not mistaken, and didnt really need more incentive to be taken, hell, necro has a whole skilltree for that sole reason) but i dont worry about condis if im sitting in my shroud anyways, no?

but maybe its really just because of flavour… maybe i can only blame my musclememory for hurting myself over and over now…

Its foreshadowing I’d assume. There might be a self bleed theme on the new elite spec… Sounds strange, but its on theme. Power at any cost!

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its foreshadowing I’d assume. There might be a self bleed theme on the new elite spec… Sounds strange, but its on theme. Power at any cost!

Are you trying to say… that the necro doesnt have a selfbleeding/poisoning/weakness theme?

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I’ve dropped GS and started playing with dagger again and not using RS so when the expac hits I’m in a build that can transition fairly well because we all know it may be confidential themes but there will be useful traits and skills in there for power builds ( look at berserker ).

Overall it has its uses from what I can tell. Plus it means that in PvP game modes the next condition you remove will always be bleeding.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Are you trying to say… that the necro doesnt have a selfbleeding/poisoning/weakness theme?

I forgot that Dark Pact was actually a Corruption skill.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Don’t look at it as a corruption. Look at Life Syphon. We don’t have other skills that benefit form having conditions on us. Sure transfers can be used with them, but that’s not what condi transfer skill’s primary objective is. I’m talking about forshadowing of more skill modifiers through self inflicted conditions. Like how We were giving a tone of chill right before the reaper was revealed and we weren’t sure why. Its foreshadowing.

Dark Pact

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well maybe they felt the skill should work like the name “dark pact” suggests (aka you give something to inflict more harm). In gw1 and in the alpha this skill actually had a life cost.

Personally i think mh dagger should have ether stayed a pure power weapon or go hybrid all the way (by e.g. giving the auto bleeds). The hybrid route is interesting because it would make d/d more viable (though oh dagger still needs some improvments). Sorry but i have a weak spot for the d/d looks….