Dear Arena Net

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Some people wanted signet passive while in shroud and we got the latest signet of suffering trait..

Yes, but it shouldn’t be a trait in the first place… Passive signet effect should work in shroud BY DEFAULT!
Same with spectral mastery trait, it shouldn’t be a trait, the trait just makes what the skills would need to already be BY DEFAULT.

agree is an insult what they did by not make then work by default but oh well atleast we got them right? will never use them but we got them now

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Clearly Anet doesn’t want to talk about Necro. I posted this in the stress test thread and it got deleted:

Your post in Path of Fire Stress Test August 31, 2017 was infracted by a moderator:

Oh, I’ll give you something to stress about :-) :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6sixjn/to_the_devs_can_we_please_have_a_conversation/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Dear-Arena-Net/first

Gaile, could you please, just please give some feedback about the state of Necro and what Anet’s vision is for the class and how some core issues will be addressed? Are such threads/posts read by Anet or are you aware that such discussions exist?
Do you find any remarks or feedback in these threads sensible or understandable in any way?
There is quite a large player base concerned about Necro’s position and balance choices..
Also, there is some frustration being voiced, it’s not all constructive feedback but I understand where the frustration comes from.
Please forgive my boldness in hijacking this thread in such a lousy way but I know you are closely watching this thread so I know this post doens’t go by unnoticed.
I understand this is not an ideal way to bring this up and I will get remarks from others about it (which is completely understandable, I would react the same if someone else did it). My only goal is to help and get these concerns accross for I hope it will benefit the players in the long term. So again, my apologies for dumping this in here but with so many posts, on both reddit and in the official forum concerning Necro, I just had to do something. In these threads or post there is just no feedback from anyone at Anet and the player base grows increasingly unhappy about it.
\< end thread hijack

On topic: count me in for stress test.. Happy to help

Moderator Note:
Please refrain from creating posts that derail the topic of a thread. We have removed your comments to allow the thread to continue on its specific topic, but if you have something to share which can stand on its own, please create a new thread for your topic as it pertains to Guild Wars 2. Off-topic and/or derailing posts are not allowed. Thanks for your understanding.
This infraction serves only a warning. Additional infractions may award Infraction Points which can negatively affect your account. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.
Your message was deleted.

I know what & how I did is not nice or playing by the rules. I understand that I would get called upon it. But it got straight up deleted. I wonder what will happen with this post???

— Slave of the Free World —

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

snip

Bit of a straw man there. You clearly broke forums rules by trying to derail the post. Hardly anet avoiding the issue. If you’d have done that about any other profession it would have been the same result.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: GeneralBabyPuncher.9058

GeneralBabyPuncher.9058

snip

This post will stay up because it’s not derailing another topic and is posted in the appropriate place. This post just makes you look like a fool and serves no other puprose. Certainly doesn’t help in getting a dev response.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

They know. An arenanet develop said "“Thanks for making these!” for a Fractal guide that not only skips only Necromancers, but when you click their symbol it takes you to a meme youtube video.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

They know. An arenanet develop said "“Thanks for making these!” for a Fractal guide that not only skips only Necromancers, but when you click their symbol it takes you to a meme youtube video.

Yeah, saw it.. same as Rev..
For speed clears and fractal farming you basically need to forsake Necro and Rev if you ever want to get in a group..
Casual fractals is perfectly doable with Necro and quite fun as well…

But every raid comp and fractal farm runs will just drop you when they see the class you play.. Feels bad man…

How hard can it be to have 1…just 1 build which would be capable of competing for a good spot in raids and fractals…

Just tried some PvP again and after few matches is was clear again why I only do open world PvE…
Lack of good defense.. Shroud doens’t cut it anymore with all this burst damage…
Oh, and mesmer is downright broken class… what a kitten class to go up against.. It’s the only class which make me loath PvP.. First it spawns a gazillion clones, then you are a moa, then you are being thrown in the air, then you get stunned.. Again and again and again and again… I hate them so much.. they completely ruin any PvP enjoyment for me… I rather exit to desktop then play a match against the class

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

we need a dev to answer at least to say hi lol

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Why do I feel like I am the only person in existence that likes Necro the way it is? The only change I was sad about was Signets of Suffering. That was my headlining trait in PvP that got me to Platinum for the first time.

I genuinely feel that Necro is in a good spot. I never have trouble in any LFG group I’ve ever joined.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Why do I feel like I am the only person in existence that likes Necro the way it is? The only change I was sad about was Signets of Suffering. That was my headlining trait in PvP that got me to Platinum for the first time.

I genuinely feel that Necro is in a good spot. I never have trouble in any LFG group I’ve ever joined.

I’m not going to try and convince you not to like it. But we’ve been through the song and dance and some of us have over 6 thousand hours on our necromancer and have run into problems that the necromancer was advertised as to be superior to other professions in.

An example being attrition.

I like the necromancer which is why I make these posts. Because I see the problems it has and want to improve it. I’m also not a mono necro player so I have perspective on what other professions are capable of. Except warrior… I don’t play warrior at all. I have one, don’t like the way they play.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

up you go… back to the top

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I just feel that the class designers for Anet has never played a necromancer in GW1. At the very least, they have no idea what makes necromancers in GW1 so fun. That’s why they have no idea how to transfer that fun in GW1 over to GW2 for necromancers.

It should be obvious to all that the GW2 necromancer has NOTHING to do with the GW1 necromancer. It is a 100% new class. The GW1 necromancer are built around 4 very strong themes: Blood Magic, Death Magic, Curses and Soul Reaping. And each traits are very thematic and fits the class. The GW2 necromancer has these IN NAME ONLY. The essences of these traits weren’t carried over from GW1 into GW2 at all. Instead GW2 necromancer is built around ONE SINGLE WORD: Attrition.

What does attrition even mean? Because every OTHER class in GW2 does attrition better than necromancer.

Hence this is the core of the problem for the GW2 necromancer. That’s why it still isn’t fixed after the game’s 5th birthday and might never be fixed. That the GW2 necromancer is build around attrition INSTEAD of the GW1 necromancer.

Yes that’s right. It should have been a REQUIREMENT for the GW2 necromancer to be designed around what made the GW1 necromancer FUN TO PLAY. But nope. It is all about attrition. That is why the class is in ruins and is still in ruins after 5 years.

A lot of people only played GW2 and never GW1. They have no idea why the GW2 necromancer is such a disappointment for us veteran GW1 players that has been there since GW1 beta. You have to understand that I took my GW1 necromancer from beta all the way to finishing Winds of Change in Hard Mode.

If Anet wants to fix the GW2 necromancer, they have to first play the necromancer in GW1. They have to FIRST understand what Blood Magic is about, Death Magic is about, Curses is about and Soul Reaping is about in GW1. And then maybe there is hope.

There are certainly very clear problems, like Death Shroud. Yes it is totally useless except for some extra HP. The problem is because Anet choose PASSIVE FACETANKING instead of ACTIVE DAMAGE CONTROL. Death Shroud is all passive facetanking. You just turn on death shroud and face tank damage. Where is the player skill in that? Instead a successful attrition class should have used active damage control. That is we can block when we want, stun enemies when we want, “Backfire” enemies when we want, etc. This is true attrition. Facetanking is not attrition. It is just an excuse to make a very-underpowered class. Death Shroud is the bane of the necromancer and should be removed completely until Anet figure out what to do with it.

But even these obvious problems aren’t even the core problem. The core problem is that the GW1 necromancer is missing. Instead this idea of attrition is ruining the class.

I will give a clear example.
Let’s say a GW2 necromancer has 200HP, 60 healing rating and 80 damage rating.
And then we have a standard class that is standard at 100 HP, 70 healing rating and 90 damage rating.

Necro has double the HP and only a bit less damage. So it looks good right? Nope!

After the first time period of fighting the necromancer will have 200-90=110 health. It is healed by 60 back up to 170. The other class will have 100-80=20 health. It heals by 70 to back to 90.

After the 2nd period the necromancer will have 170-90+60=140. Other have 90-80+70=80.

3rd Period: Necro 140-90+60=110. Other 80-80+70=70

4th Period: Necro=110-90+60=80. Other 70-80=>Dead.

Yay necro wins right? On paper yes. And that is the struggle that Anet has. On paper necro looks good. The mathematics looks good. So if necros keep lossing, it is the player’s fault.

Of course what wasn’t said was stuff like the necros keep on getting pinballed around. etc. And it is NOT due to bad player skills that the necro gets pinballed around. This is VERY IMPORTANT. It is due to necro’s total lack of actual counter to things like this.

Also keep in mind that if the match keeps on going to the 5th around, the necro would have died. So the match is actually very close. Also we have to keep in mind that I am talking about a double of health at start, 200 vs 100. Meanwhile the healing power is different by a much smaller amount, 60 vs 70. And damage is also different by a much smaller amount, 80 vs 90. But look at how close the match actually ends up being. Point here is that just doubling the health doesn’t mean all that much. At the very least, not nearly as much difference as Anet seems to think.

And of course Death Shroud isn’t actually double HP. That’s because the necro’s whole skill bar becomes DISABLED when they are in Death Shroud. So a necro actual hurts its own effciency by entering Death Shroud.

What I am getting at is that if Anet only look at the numbers and math, perhaps the necromancer looks good. But numbers and math means nothing on the actual battlefield. And certainly they mean nothing in making the class actually fun to play.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silmariena.6205

Silmariena.6205

I just feel that the class designers for Anet has never played a necromancer in GW1. At the very least, they have no idea what makes necromancers in GW1 so fun. That’s why they have no idea how to transfer that fun in GW1 over to GW2 for necromancers.

It should be obvious to all that the GW2 necromancer has NOTHING to do with the GW1 necromancer. It is a 100% new class. The GW1 necromancer are built around 4 very strong themes: Blood Magic, Death Magic, Curses and Soul Reaping. And each traits are very thematic and fits the class. The GW2 necromancer has these IN NAME ONLY. The essences of these traits weren’t carried over from GW1 into GW2 at all. Instead GW2 necromancer is built around ONE SINGLE WORD: Attrition.

What does attrition even mean? Because every OTHER class in GW2 does attrition better than necromancer.

Hence this is the core of the problem for the GW2 necromancer. That’s why it still isn’t fixed after the game’s 5th birthday and might never be fixed. That the GW2 necromancer is build around attrition INSTEAD of the GW1 necromancer.

Yes that’s right. It should have been a REQUIREMENT for the GW2 necromancer to be designed around what made the GW1 necromancer FUN TO PLAY. But nope. It is all about attrition. That is why the class is in ruins and is still in ruins after 5 years.

A lot of people only played GW2 and never GW1. They have no idea why the GW2 necromancer is such a disappointment for us veteran GW1 players that has been there since GW1 beta. You have to understand that I took my GW1 necromancer from beta all the way to finishing Winds of Change in Hard Mode.

If Anet wants to fix the GW2 necromancer, they have to first play the necromancer in GW1. They have to FIRST understand what Blood Magic is about, Death Magic is about, Curses is about and Soul Reaping is about in GW1. And then maybe there is hope.

There are certainly very clear problems, like Death Shroud. Yes it is totally useless except for some extra HP. The problem is because Anet choose PASSIVE FACETANKING instead of ACTIVE DAMAGE CONTROL. Death Shroud is all passive facetanking. You just turn on death shroud and face tank damage. Where is the player skill in that? Instead a successful attrition class should have used active damage control. That is we can block when we want, stun enemies when we want, “Backfire” enemies when we want, etc. This is true attrition. Facetanking is not attrition. It is just an excuse to make a very-underpowered class. Death Shroud is the bane of the necromancer and should be removed completely until Anet figure out what to do with it.

But even these obvious problems aren’t even the core problem. The core problem is that the GW1 necromancer is missing. Instead this idea of attrition is ruining the class.

And then we have a standard class that is standard at 100 HP, 70 healing rating and 90 damage rating.

Necro has double the HP and only a bit less damage. So it looks good right? Nope!

After the first time period of fighting the necromancer will have 200-90=110 health. It is healed by 60 back up to 170. The other class will have 100-80=20 health. It heals by 70 to back to 90.

After the 2nd period the necromancer will have 170-90+60=140. Other have 90-80+70=80.

Yay necro wins right? On paper yes. And that is the struggle that Anet has. On paper necro looks good. The mathematics looks good. So if necros keep lossing, it is the player’s fault.

Of course what wasn’t said was stuff like the necros keep on getting pinballed around. etc. And it is NOT due to bad player skills that the necro gets pinballed around. This is VERY IMPORTANT. It is due to necro’s total lack of actual counter to things like this.

Also keep in mind that if the match keeps on going to the 5th around, the necro would have died. So the match is actually very close. Also we have to keep in mind that I am talking about a double of health at start, 200 vs 100. Meanwhile the healing power is different by a much smaller amount, 60 vs 70. And damage is also different by a much smaller amount, 80 vs 90. But look at how close the match actually ends up being. Point here is that just doubling the health doesn’t mean all that much. At the very least, not nearly as much difference as Anet seems to think.

And of course Death Shroud isn’t actually double HP. That’s because the necro’s whole skill bar becomes DISABLED when they are in Death Shroud. So a necro actual hurts its own effciency by entering Death Shroud.

What I am getting at is that if Anet only look at the numbers and math, perhaps the necromancer looks good. But numbers and math means nothing on the actual battlefield. And certainly they mean nothing in making the class actually fun to play.

thank you <3 <3 <3 <3

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

math is wrong necro’s starts with 0 life force so its starts on 100 so necros loses earlier =}

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It still amazes me that thief vault is essentially a better version of gravedigger.

It does more damage because of the myriad damage modifiers thief has.

It gives evade frames.

It casts faster.

It is a leap.

And even worse, Vault is barely DPS neutral next to staff autoattacks, which have ridiculous DPS. Staff auto on thief reflects on the last chain and does the damage of 100 blades. It’s beyond stupid.

Meanwhile the slow reaper greatsword doesn’t reflect, the autoattack applies no vulnerability or grants might, only applies a single short chill at the end. And GS3 & 4 have long cooldowns for their effects.

Smoke powder can be used more ften than greatsword 4 and has a better combo field. It’s also better at blind application.

Then we have the horrendous power damage of reaper shroud autoattacks and RS4.

Or the useless shouts in PvE.

Or the absurdly weak heals. The shout heal heals for virtually nothing. My warrior’s zerker heal heals him for more than half his HP and grants him adrenaline to boot.

Axe auto is still horribly weak, as is axe #2. All because of PvP reasons when they can split buff these weapons in PvE.

Wells still have humongous cooldowns on the utility wells. Minions are still worthless. Spectral skills are barely used.

Spectral Grasp is a weaker form of guardian’s greatsword pull with more than double the cooldown, and it costs a utility slot.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Necromancer spear and trident are really good though.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: KidRoleplay.3615

KidRoleplay.3615

Would be nice if blind and weakness worked on bosses (the normal way, not just its pretty lacking CC degen). Maybe not world bosses sure, but considering how mechanic-spammy certain ones could get, it’d definitely open up necro as the debuff support it’s meant to be without totally being a lockdown to said boss. Possible OP territory, sure, but then another thing a necro is good at, they can slap a ton of vulnerability onto a target like no other. What if vulnerability was capped at “!” like other conditions that can stack? Their ability to maintain so much vulnerability alone would work in favor of making them supportive, and giving an argument against the “too selfish to accept” sayings against it.

But oh well. Wishful thinking.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Vulnerability really shouldn’t stack beyond 25, but I can 100% get behind at least Weakness actually applying to bosses. Blind, not so much because other classes are waaaaaaaaaay better at blind spam than we are, which would negate the need for Protection, Weakness, Healing, etc.

Cripple, Immobilize, Weakness, and Chill should all affect bosses rather than hitting the Defiance bar.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

This goes back all the way to the old stack limits and the introduction of Unshakable/Defiance that heavily nerfed Necromancer’s soft CC and combo fields against bosses.

Consider a poison field. A poison bolt lasts for 2 seconds and does roughly 2/3 the damage of a 1 second burning bolt but bosses generally do not heal so the reduction to healing power that we see in WvW and PvP is never realized and weakness only affects break bars (when they are available). So poison fields in PvE do sub-standard dps.

I wish Arenanet would just add 2 seconds of bleeding to projectile and whirl combo’s off ice fields so they would at least be at par with Poison.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Would be nice if blind and weakness worked on bosses (the normal way, not just its pretty lacking CC degen). Maybe not world bosses sure, but considering how mechanic-spammy certain ones could get, it’d definitely open up necro as the debuff support it’s meant to be without totally being a lockdown to said boss. Possible OP territory, sure, but then another thing a necro is good at, they can slap a ton of vulnerability onto a target like no other. What if vulnerability was capped at “!” like other conditions that can stack? Their ability to maintain so much vulnerability alone would work in favor of making them supportive, and giving an argument against the “too selfish to accept” sayings against it.

But oh well. Wishful thinking.

If blind worked on bosses, thief would still be far superior at applying it. Staff 2 also applies perma weakness.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

If blind could work on things with defiance bar some professions could solo all the PvE encounters..

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: KidRoleplay.3615

KidRoleplay.3615

Knowing the balance team, if they were ever to make blind work on bosses, they’d of course look into individual professions and skills that would allow permanent blind access by just one individual. As for thief being superior about it, that’s fine. I was mentioning a (very unlikely to happen) possibility of giving necro more viability in the PvE scene, but thief could use that benefit as well.

Mentioned it before, but perhaps having all conditions work the way they should when a boss’s defiance bar is orange and recharging might be interesting.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Knowing the balance team, if they were ever to make blind work on bosses, they’d of course look into individual professions and skills that would allow permanent blind access by just one individual. As for thief being superior about it, that’s fine. I was mentioning a (very unlikely to happen) possibility of giving necro more viability in the PvE scene, but thief could use that benefit as well.

Mentioned it before, but perhaps having all conditions work the way they should when a boss’s defiance bar is orange and recharging might be interesting.

Balance team don’t do crap unless that thing is causing problems in pvp.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Well consider ghost thief was only nerfed when someone used it to solo the Slothasor raid boss, despite it being around in WvW for a few years.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Well consider ghost thief was only nerfed when someone used it to solo the Slothasor raid boss, despite it being around in WvW for a few years.

They nerfed stealth on bosses, not the ghost thief skills anyways. Ghost thief still kitten in WvW, and it’s not like it was any good compared to the even worse Pulmonary Impact D/P daredevils that haven’t been touched.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

They nerfed stealth on bosses, not the ghost thief skills anyways. Ghost thief still kitten in WvW, and it’s not like it was any good compared to the even worse Pulmonary Impact D/P daredevils that haven’t been touched.

So the damage on trigger for traps (to break stealth) was not a nerf to thieves skills. Ok.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

So the damage on trigger for traps (to break stealth) was not a nerf to thieves skills. Ok.

Not significantly. A short reveal doesn’t stop from stealth abuse just as the 4 second revealed debuff introduced barely dented D/P thief.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Wouldn’t Signet of Undeath be the most unused? Of course I’m just guessing but its effects seem really unappealing.

the prob with that signet is that…. the necro is usualy the one that gets downed 1st lol so he cant realy use it XD

The problem with that signet is that in 90% of other MMO’s a revival effect would be on a skill with 8 s casttime, no cooldown due to having to use up a ressource. If they made some skills cost life force while drastically decreasing cooldowns and you had to balance them with shroud, that would be a great way to do it. Meh.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Not significantly. A short reveal doesn’t stop from stealth abuse just as the 4 second revealed debuff introduced barely dented D/P thief.

Before the nerf it was 100% stealth uptime, it was a big (and good) change.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

I highly doubt anet is listening to any of these suggestions. If they were, we wouldn’t be getting Scourged. Other than barrier, necro will be in the same spot it is now. Bunker condi with less survivability. Just cc us to death and… gg.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

New forum is up… Carry over the post???

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Some people like actually being as effective as other classes in PVE.
We can join groups, yes, but we’re simply by far the least effective when it comes to anything that matters in PVE, UNLESS there’s a lot of enemies at once.

That’s why.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

New forum is up… Carry over the post???

Please do this!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver