Death Charge need speed increase.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Hey Anet Death Charge need a speed increase if its going ot be a distance closer.

Right now its still too easy to kite by simply running.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I have to agree with this, you can’t really effectively close distance on anybody running. It does take a bit too long to chopper forward, and by then you’re supposed to have gained 600 distance on someone, but in reality if they’re running away you’ve only gained 200-300.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

I agree but i also think that they should change the skill from a warrior sword 2 to more like a warrior gs 3 where you can choose the direction.
I also think it could do with a range increase, 600 seems to short as it makes my charr look kitten he is playing hop skotch

in Necromancer

Posted by: psychopoweranger.7564

psychopoweranger.7564

I’m going to have to agree as well, it just feels a bit clunky to me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You can choose the direction, just deselect target and aim your character.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Could’ve sworn it was 900 in the first beta. Feels so limited.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Any1 else hacing trouble with Death’s Charge with no target selected? For me the character decides to turn the opposite direction at the end of the charge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I have to agree the speed needs to greatly increase, and increase its response time once it reaches its target. Fairly clunky as it is, but much better than before. I get a similar vibe with RS 4 and 5 though, pre-casts or something, they just feel a bit more sluggish than they should sometimes.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Any1 else hacing trouble with Death’s Charge with no target selected? For me the character decides to turn the opposite direction at the end of the charge.

That happens to me too. Plus sometimes my character decides to jump either right or left when I don’t have a target.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

That happens to me too. Plus sometimes my character decides to jump either right or left when I don’t have a target.

Jup, experianced the same. Never had it if i jumped right before activating it though, might be a bug with recording the direction your last target was or sth. stupid like that.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’m going to run through a few more hours but so far it seems it seems bugged.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I think its bugged. My memory may be wrong but i think it used to go a greater distance in the first bwe.

So yeah it is too short currently but i have to say the change to make it targetable was a really good one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Was always 600, ranged hasn’t changed at all. Biggest issue I have atm is that at the end of the cast you slow down a ton and have a weird delay which needs to go.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Would be better with a 1/2 or 3/4 cast time (1/2 might be a bit too fast) and less after cast and better responsiveness upon reaching your target. That’d help quite a bit.

They need to merge Chilling Darkness into shivers of dread!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Ok so this is worse than I thought. Tonight in WvW, I was just running along with my guild raid. Everybody had swiftness, I was next to someone, used Death Charge. After I landed, I was exactly right next to the same person.

So yes, the animation to start, the mid-flight, and the landing pause take too long. It’s no 600 leap when you travel at the same distance as someone running along side you with the same swiftness.

Suggestion: Either get rid of excess slow animation and the weird landing pause. Or keep things as they are, but extend the leap to 900 range. But right now this skill is lackluster.

Not to mention it’s broken since I’m also getting what others are getting…when you leap, your character face backwards or leap backwards, with no target acquired. With target you leap towards the target normally. But without a target, sometimes your character leap backwards, or leap forward but face backwards when you land.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

I really like the way the skill works now! The 4-kittens beforehand enable a incredible synergy with bloodmagic and chilling victory. I would not speed up the animation, as the skillflow is really nice in that regard. Just increase its range to 900, giving it an effective 600 range factoring the actual leap time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I think they need to fix the falling at the end because that part stop you in one place which cost you to lose time and distance.

All is vain.