in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Maybe? huh?

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Wouldn’t they use plate? Or was a death knight in GW1 in cloth?

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Try Duskblade or Hexblade.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Did you make this because the other thread was locked, and you wanted to get locked too?

Also no. That’s like saying Elementalists are Mages, Rangers are Hunters, Thieves are Rogues, Warriors are Warriors, etc. Ultra generalized comparisons are ultra generalized, nothing to see here, moving right along.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Did you make this because the other thread was locked, and you wanted to get locked too?

You caught me! Was just seeing if it would happen to this one too

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Ironically, this one has less for conversation than the other did. The other wasn’t wrong, if anything they might have been thinking the specialization might be called Death Knight. This doesn’t really add anything. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Why is everyone freaking out over the name death knight?

…I dont get it. What did I miss? lol

Can somebody explain this to me?

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

It’s because the name is edgy, and just trying too hard.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Are you being sarcastic? lol

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Lazaar.9123

Nope, Death Knight is incredibly unoriginal. Is it so much to ask for to want a name that actually has a bit of creativity?

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Nope, Death Knight is incredibly unoriginal. Is it so much to ask for to want a name that actually has a bit of creativity?

Yeah I know. Your first reply said it was trying too hard so I didn’t understand why you would say that about something so unoriginal.

It pretty overly used since the days of d&d itself. Not really that edgy tbf.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I like death knight, people know what it is anyway! I think Druid is pretty overused too (actually moreso) and yet there it is. Makes sense to call a necro with a GS a death knight, its like a perfect blend of the two imo.

Anyway, looking forward!

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

I like how some people are seemingly already blaming ANet for calling them Death Knights, when in fact the usual definition of a “knight” involves heavy armor.

Then again, people don’t seem to have an issue with the name “Necromancer”, and I daresay that’s been used in more instances than “Death Knight” over the years.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Death knight just doesnt fit. But i can see why everyone assumes its likely. Its clearly the greatswords fault.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Its going to be a class name that mixes death (Necro) with a fighter (Greatsword) archetype. There are other possibilities but its a strong one imo. They already used Lich up. Nazgul? lol

Anet has taken a strong direction turn by saying a ranger (fighter) becoming a druid (caster), why not vice versa?

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

(edited by Kilger.5490)

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Yeah tbh I don’t understand why people are getting so silly over the name Death Knight. I personally wouldn’t name it that but if they did I wouldn’t have any problems with it.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Yeah tbh I don’t understand why people are getting so silly over the name Death Knight. I personally wouldn’t name it that but if they did I wouldn’t have any problems with it.

Because the community has to be silly over something, always.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Unoriginal?

So what about these below, are they also unoriginal?

Warrior
Guardians
Engineer
Elementalist
Necromancer
Mesmer
Ranger
Thief

???

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Unoriginal?

So what about these below, are they also unoriginal?

Warrior
Guardians
Engineer
Elementalist
Necromancer
Mesmer
Ranger
Thief

???

I heard WARRIOR****, Ranger and thief were original for sure.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I like Occultist or Ritualist- the class could move beyond animating the dead to working with pure spirit energy. (Yes, some of the skill from gw1 rit could be incorporated)

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

I like Occultist or Ritualist- the class could move beyond animating the dead to working with pure spirit energy. (Yes, some of the skill from gw1 rit could be incorporated)

Thank you for not just focusing on the Spec’s weapon and considering what skills/Traits/mechanics the Spec will bring!

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

I think it might be one of the unoriginal following, due to swords:

Death Samurai
Death Fencer
Death Swordsman

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Lazaar.9123

I think it might be one of the unoriginal following, due to swords:

Death Samurai
Death Fencer
Death Swordsman

I… didn’t think it was possible to be less original than Death Knight.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I like the name Cultist/Occultist. On a side note, what do they call the Orr who are essentially Necromancers?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Spoj The Second.7680

Defilers?

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Defilers?

In another game, sure, but in Guild Wars, Necromancers are (usually, Rissa was an exception) very respectful of the dead. Main reason they aren’t considered “evil.”
Unless you meant like this: http://starcraftrpg.wikia.com/wiki/File:Primal_Defiler.png

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Spoj The Second.7680

I was just answering Bhawbs question. It wasnt a suggestion. :P

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Honestly other topic was locked before anything was said or worded is the DK word so freakish that people must ban it from all text? The moment i see a guy using necromancy or just any form of black magic and a bladed weapon the first word that comes to mind is antipaladin/death knight/black knight/dark knight/shadowknight or whataver name of a class that fits that theme. Everyone tought it the moment they heard necro got greatsword and weither you like it or not the idea stick like a plague (ahaha the pun). Necromancer behing tanky by default thanks to death shroud doesnt help removing the quite seductive idea either.

A death knight doesnt necesarily needs to wear heavy armor that is a way to single minded judgement. As far as it goes light armor with a good hood in the good oll nazgul thematic fits the character perfectly. I easily see a guy in full orrian wandering around swinging that blade and still having the look of a nazgul dark rider. As far as it goes if the off class runs on abilities wich aims like the warrior stance at making the player more tankish then god sake its a given.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drensky.9567

Drensky.9567

Death Knight would fit necro more if it wore heavy armor instead of light ones. I was thinking “Soul Reaper” might be better.

Drensky – Neckromancer

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Reaper sounds good to me.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

A death knight doesnt necesarily needs to wear heavy armor that is a way to single minded judgement. As far as it goes light armor with a good hood in the good oll nazgul thematic fits the character perfectly. I easily see a guy in full orrian wandering around swinging that blade and still having the look of a nazgul dark rider. As far as it goes if the off class runs on abilities wich aims like the warrior stance at making the player more tankish then god sake its a given.

So unfortunately for your example Nazgul wore heavy armor. It isn’t always really noticeable, but they wear the armor they had as human kings, which is heavy armor.

That said, Death Knight is a name for a very specific reason: it is a knight with dark magic themes. Knights wear heavy armor, that is part of their core identity. Now, could there be a melee Necromancer that uses traditionally “heavy” weapons like hammers/maces/greatswords while being in cloth armor? Sure, absolutely, but you wouldn’t call them Dark Knights.

My PvP Minion Build

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Call it Shinigami.

[HUE]

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Please god no weeaboo names in GW2

My PvP Minion Build

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Call it Shinigami.

Shinigami = death god = Grenth

..nah :\

[qT] Necro main.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Maybe as part of enhanced class mechanic our robes will be transformed into equivalent of armor…? Rawr!

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I think they gonna call it “Greatsword necromancer”

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marukeru.8746

Marukeru.8746

So, I see both sides to the DK discussion, but I am not so sure they’d go in that way. I mean, they very well may stick with traditional names such as the Death Knight. They went with Druid, did they not?
What if they went with something like Warlock?

And in all fairness, a Death Knight is just a Plated up Necromancer. So why not offer a utility to boost defenses and turn the Necro into a strong Melee?

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I doubt the name will be two words.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I wouldn’t mind if it was just reaper.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

You can already be a reaper by obtaining 873,500 rank points in pvp.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Warlock works for me… in some cultures it was basically considered a male witch equivalent, why not. We are kind of the “bad boys” of the game in that necromancers are usually considered the big bad in most fiction.

But I’m still thinking it will have a martial bent to it.

I dont get the one word two word argument, lots of games only have a class or two with two words, otherwise one.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Because other games are irrelevant to talk about GW2. In GW2 every profession (even in GW1) everything had one name.

My PvP Minion Build

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Because other games are irrelevant to talk about GW2. In GW2 every profession (even in GW1) everything had one name.

Last time I heard that it was the reason we werent going to have a paid expansion…. deja vu!

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

GW1 had a paid expansion

My PvP Minion Build

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Kilger.5490

Well regardless this game borrows from other games heavily. They’ve even said it, particulary daoc, which is why Im here. Wow didnt have a two word class til it did.. what class was that again?

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Well regardless this game borrows from other games heavily. They’ve even said it, particulary daoc, which is why Im here. Wow didnt have a two word class til it did.. what class was that again?

Heroic classes get an extra wood.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shyster.6137

Shyster.6137

Death Knight does feel a little more unoriginal than druid, it lacks a ring or strong cultural tie, i think occultist/cultist is open enough to include a martial bent. warlock isn’t bad either.

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Death Knight does feel a little more unoriginal than druid, it lacks a ring or strong cultural tie, i think occultist/cultist is open enough to include a martial bent. warlock isn’t bad either.

Cultists need a cult to be, well, cultists. And as far as i know there arent any cults for necros of all races.

Occultist i usually associate with secret, forbidden knowledge. But necromancy in the guild wars world isnt really that. As Drarnor said, it’s way less looked down upon than in other games and a relatively normal profession in comparison.

Why does this thread even still exist?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Askherion.4935

Askherion.4935

As long as we get creative weapon animations and not just plain swinging. Something as original as GS on mesmer!

Death Knights?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

“Executioners” could work.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer