Death Shroud Burst Hybrid

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Hey forum!

I am in the process of revamping my death shroud build, with the introduction of Deathly Perception there is a lot more flexibility in our gear choice when trying to do some good damage.

Disclaimer at times i can be a min/maxer but i truly feel like the full 100blades zerker builds out there are not the best way to play this game PvE or PvP. Agree, disagree idc its just my 2c please dont flame on this thats not what were here for

Ahem… gets off soap box
To the point, Death Shroud is freaking cool. Its one of the best class mechanics in the game and one of the most misunderstood devs agree I like building to max this out but i was getting tired of my 0/0/20/20/30 build

So i built this 20/20/0/0/30
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjQaV7dbab87JEIFvHuEpoYUGqHwD68hA

This post is already long so ill break it down fast and then i would love some feedback

The Key Elements are:
Deathly Perception for the extra crit so you can use PVT gear.
Furious Demise even more crit is always a good thing.
Spectral Skills the traits are easy to pick up and this gives good utility + Life Force

I run with full PVT gear lots of power and survivability and between having 20 in Curses getting Fury from Furious Demise and Deathly Perception doing what it does i have around 82% crit in death shroud and my power is around 3500. In short I wreck face!

Let me know what you think and if you have a different build focusing on Death Shroud maybe one for a condition build i would love to here it!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheStarflyer.9641

TheStarflyer.9641

You aren’t maximizing your damage potential with PTV. I run a similar build with Cav and Valk stuff and do just as much dmg as someone in full zerk. Except i survive a lot longer than the zerkers.
I will tell you however its not a great idea to bring a DS build to pvp, as DS just isn’t all that sustainable. One soft CC and the whole shroud is wasted. But for pve insane damage with insane sustain. I highly recommend it.
I just looked at your build, don’t go scepter/dagger. Go axe/wh and dagger/wh since you dont have greater marks. Otherwise you are gonna have a really hard time building DS.

The Miasma-Human Necromancer
play pvp with me

(edited by TheStarflyer.9641)

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

You aren’t maximizing your damage potential with PTV. I run a similar build with Cav and Valk stuff and do just as much dmg as someone in full zerk. Except i survive a lot longer than the zerkers.
I will tell you however its not a great idea to bring a DS build to pvp, as DS just isn’t all that sustainable. One soft CC and the whole shroud is wasted. But for pve insane damage with insane sustain. I highly recommend it.
I just looked at your build, don’t go scepter/dagger. Go axe/wh and dagger/wh since you dont have greater marks. Otherwise you are gonna have a really hard time building DS.

Ha i just realized i didnt chose the right weapons i totally agree Axe/x is the way to go I have not played much tPvP with this build but in WvW it works nicely for tPvP and sPvP i run the fotm 30/30/10 build =P

You are right though about the gear, TBH im probably just being cheap and trying to justify my PVT gear from a different build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I’ve also been running a spectral-heavy DS build, which I’ve outlined on Guru here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84336-specter-of-death-build/

I agree that P/V/T armor, though tanky, gives up a ton of potential by losing out on crit damage. The only crit damage you’re picking up is through the SR line—and 30% isn’t all that much. With full Valks/Cavs you can keep your Zerker-level power and crit damage, and pick up your crit chance through Deathly Perception, sigils, and food.

I would also agree that Scepter/Dagger and Staff without Soul Marks is gonna have a REALLY hard time generating LF quickly. Even spectrals fully-traited are only gonna get you a spike of ~25%.

With Axe/Focus and traited Staff, however, you can spike-gen 25% from A/F, 12% from Staff, and 25% from Spec Grab/Spec Wall. Within a 15-second window, I can go from empty to full. With full Valks, this means ~80% uptime on DS for me. Which in turn means perma-stacks of might (10 stacks through LB) and vulnerability (18 stacks through LB alone).

Nice to see someone else using this setup though! I’ve been having more fun with this build than ever before on my Necro.