Death Shroud F1 and Reaper F2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

Possible Solution:
- Only one life force for both F1 Death Shroud and F2 Reaper
- Remove Soul Reaper or Death Shroud traits and put both in only one (i can’t spend all my traits for F1):
—Minor Adept Shroud Knight You can equip greatswords and use reaper shouts. Increases life force gain from skills.
—Major Adept Your shouts recharge faster for each foe they hit.Shout give to you switness and protection
—Major Adept 15 Critical hits against chilled foes causes an explosion that chills adjacent foes. Marks generate life force when triggered. Marks are unblockable.
—Major Adept Reduces duration of movement-impairing conditions. Additional reduction while in reaper’s shroud.Increases movement speed while in shroud. Reduces recharge on shroud.
—Minor Master Whenever you inflict fear, you also chill.Gain Spectral Armor when your health falls below the threshold.
—Major Master Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force.
(Cannot affect the same foe more than once within the interval.)
—Major Master Reduces recharge on spectral skills. Spectral skills last longer and grant life force on use
—Major Master Life force drains slower while in shroud. Shroud skills recharge faster.Greatsword attacks steal health.
—Minor Grandmaster Cold Shoulder Chill lasts longer, and chilled foes deal less damage to you.
—Major Grandmaster Increases critical-hit chance while in shroud.
—Major Grandmaster Deathly Chill.png Deathly Chill Chill deals damage, with additional damage to foes below the health threshold.
—Major Grandmaster Shroud skill 1 inflicts burning on your target.

Is just an example and yes i have dona it OP but the other are stronger than Necro.

- Do some fix to the GS

- Give to us more condition!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

F1 & F2 – able to use both with the same lifeforce pool?

Sign me up.

We currently have no ranged power weapon that works – Deathshroud 1 is our only viable ranged power option at this point. I’m surprised that they won’t be addressing this in HoT.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Agreed and amen. I said this week’s ago and now that I’ve played reaper I confirm

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Hmmm, yeah I’d really like this, while I overall feel that reaper shroud is generally better than death shroud overall for a conquest build due to the stability and cleave on a point, I still feel that deathshroud has its merits with ranged pressure, and dark path, a great skill which functions far better than death’s charge with path of corruption in its current state.

Maybe you could make the button system work like revenant legend swap, and enable swapping from death shroud to reaper shroud while in shroud, but doing that would simply reset your cooldown.

Also a random thought that occured to me: Vital Persistence’s reduction in life force degeneration should be made baseline. We all go into soul reaping mainly for this trait,and secondarily for more damage with the GMs a bit more life force regen, but I can think of so many builds with Reaper that currently suck because we’re glued to soul reaping for every pvp build. For example, cele signet necro is strong since it has tons of traited signets and weakness, but reaper can’t really match its level of synergy since it can’t take both spite and curses at the same time without dropping shroud sustain from soul reaping.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Which form would Unholy Sanctuary transform us into?

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

Unholy Sanctuary:
Regenerate health while in shroud. Your lifeforce pool will be recharge if your healty is under 25%.

Healing Healing: 130
Interval: 1s

(edited by Frost.1503)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

While interesting…

Why would you not pick Reaper if it added bonus Shroud?

It’s not alternate playstyle, like Elite Specs were announced to be (although we have Chrono), it’s just level up.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

this is what it should have been

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

this would indeed be helpful and would actually add some more depth overall.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Ok, but should the restriction be kept, only by using reaper trait line in a build to unlock the Reaper Shroud?!

in Necromancer

unlucky.9285

why should it if they share the same lf pool?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Reaper’s Shroud is very much the only reason why you are going Reaper, currently. Making it baseline would make the specialization kinda useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Mesmer F5 gets added on top of F1 through F4.

Ele overload gets added on top of attunements.

RS should get added on top of DS.

DH should receive similar treatment.

in Necromancer

unlucky.9285

Reaper’s Shroud is very much the only reason why you are going Reaper, currently. Making it baseline would make the specialization kinda useless.

and there we have it the trait line is useless and offers nothing good the entire problem with it. if it was good you would take it even if rs was baseline

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The general train of though behind Ele and Mes getting upgrades instead of sidegrades is because they just get offhand weapons while we get a greatsword. Pretty sure Anet even said they they would try to compensate the classes that get offhands.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The general train of though behind Ele and Mes getting upgrades instead of sidegrades is because they just get offhand weapons while we get a greatsword. Pretty sure Anet even said they they would try to compensate the classes that get offhands.

Except that doesn’t really make any sense. Why would you get bonus power just because you get fewer new skills to play around with? One issue is simply a fairness issue while the other issue actually affects balance. You’re not even forced to use those weapons, so for people who don’t, Tempest and Chronomancer just simply get more. (Not to mention their specializations are better designed and have better synergy with the rest of their class.)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Iavra.8510

I’d rather see F5 removed, because it allows for insane condi spikes, but that probably won’t happen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’d love to have access to both DS and RS for situational shrouding, there are times when you need range and Staff/sceptre just don’t cut it. Specing in to reaper essentially makes you a pure melee brawler

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Snafoo.2869

Snafoo.2869

and there we have it the trait line is useless and offers nothing good the entire problem with it. if it was good you would take it even if rs was baseline

+1, Giving up Blood magic was a painful decision to make (especially now that I’m in melee even more) and I’m still not sure it’s worth it in the long run.
Dropping either Spite or Soul Reaping makes RS too weak/hard to sustain and since RS is basically the entire reason for going reaper …

If shouts weren’t so godawful and they got one or two decent traits, reaper would be looking a lot more tempting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’d rather see F5 removed, because it allows for insane condi spikes, but that probably won’t happen.

Yeah, I wouldn’t necessarily go using Mesmer F5 as a justification for anything. the problem is you get something great at little cost. While I can totally see the appeal of wanting both shrouds, you run into a similar problem. Making the player choose between the two makes a lot more sense from a balance perspective, though I wouldn’t be opposed to having DS available as an elite skill (as I have suggested for Mesmer F5).

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I agree that both should be able to access in different situations and not be forced into using one or the other and connected to the same LF pool for the sake of possible balance issues.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I have to say I am not personally a fan of this idea. One will just end up always being the preferred choice.

They need to be balanced separately. Reaper needs to stay melee-oriented to keep its theme intact. If you want a ranged necro, just don’t play the Reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

i really miss the ds 1 range when being with reaper. it would be amazing to be able to have both deathshourd and reaper shroud (sharing same lifeforce ofcourse, maybe even cooldown? or not?)

sign me up

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

I have to say I am not personally a fan of this idea. One will just end up always being the preferred choice.

They need to be balanced separately. Reaper needs to stay melee-oriented to keep its theme intact. If you want a ranged necro, just don’t play the Reaper.

There is a solution to that. Instead to have both shrouds available at the same time, make them interchangeable out of combat, but not tide to the trait line. For this battle I want DS, for next I might want to use RS… Like every other utility skill with small arrow and you pick the one you want to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

yes please add F2 for those that spec into reaper….memser can have it I dun see why nerco cant.
to balance things let both share the same lifeforce and ICD

in Necromancer

Iavra.8510

I’d rather see every specialization work like reaper/dragonhunter and having to give up something/changing the class mechanic instead of adding to it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

While interesting…

It’s not alternate playstyle, like Elite Specs were announced to be (although we have Chrono), it’s just level up.

After some thought on this matter I too don’t think it would be a very wise decision. If this elite spec allowed the use of both shrouds it would make them be mandatory for any serious player, and thus we would become pigeon holed even further into one of only a few possible builds.

If greatsword had better LG gen and was less clunky overall, I could see me using a staff as my offhand thus giving me one viable range option for when I need to attack from range. As it sits now though I find I am using axe/focus for the needed vuln, LF gen they offer.

in Necromancer

Azure.8670

While interesting…

After some thought on this matter I too don’t think it would be a very wise decision. If this elite spec allowed the use of both shrouds it would make them be mandatory for any serious player, and thus we would become pigeon holed even further into one of only a few possible builds.

If greatsword had better LG gen and was less clunky overall, I could see me using a staff as my offhand thus giving me one viable range option for when I need to attack from range. As it sits now though I find I am using axe/focus for the needed vuln, LF gen they offer.

This isn’t true at all. As of right now I’m taking reaper because it’s new and I think it’s awesome, but I’m honestly not sure if it’s even better than baseline necro. Dagger warhorn is better than gs hands down. Reaper shroud feels .. stronger than deathshroud, but I lose an entire traitline to use it. Using reaper almost forces you to use soul reaping. You either lose slite, thus your damage, or blood magic, which lately has become our staple. The more I’m thinking about it the less I’m liking Reaper actually

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

That would be great.

Let us have Death Shroud alongside with Reaper Shroud, or give us at least somewhat usable ranged option(reworked axe maybe?).

in Necromancer

Iavra.8510

It would be kinda bad if reaper were strictly better than base necro. Specializations are intented to give a choice, not to be a strict upgrade (leaving chrono aside for a moment, as i hope it doesn’t stay this way).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

While interesting…

This isn’t true at all. As of right now I’m taking reaper because it’s new and I think it’s awesome, but I’m honestly not sure if it’s even better than baseline necro. Dagger warhorn is better than gs hands down. Reaper shroud feels .. stronger than deathshroud, but I lose an entire traitline to use it. Using reaper almost forces you to use soul reaping. You either lose slite, thus your damage, or blood magic, which lately has become our staple. The more I’m thinking about it the less I’m liking Reaper actually

And that of course is your prerogative but my post was in regard to having both shrouds available to you, not the merits of GS (that currently need tweaking). What I was saying is that currently without any buffs to the numbers a dagger/wh (whatever offhand) reaper with sprite/soul/reaper would be what many players would run if they got both DS and RS in the same build thus being pigeon holed. Other trait lines although made better somewhat in the last patch will not compare to the overall gain the class would get with the extra shroud skills IMO.

The ability to have both a very strong range and a very strong melee build at the same time would make most other builds pale in comparison. The condi variant would use curses in place of spite of course and most likely scepter/dagger with staff for LF gen, but in all it would be similar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

That would be great.

Let us have Death Shroud alongside with Reaper Shroud, or give us at least somewhat usable ranged option(reworked axe maybe?).

Robert say he will be looking to axe and scepter so we have hope lets pray

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

That would be great.

Robert say he will be looking to axe and scepter so we have hope lets pray

Yeah, that’s what I had in mind. I hope axe and scepter will be good after the possible rework. Well it can’t be worse, can it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Omg, having both RS and DS would be sooooo nice! Hop into DS, pop 3, 5, and 2, then quickly switch to RS and go to town with chill and burn! How can I say no to this idea?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Omg, having both RS and DS would be sooooo nice! Hop into DS, pop 3, 5, and 2, then quickly switch to RS and go to town with chill and burn! How can I say no to this idea?

if they were on f1 and f2 they share the same cooldown so can’t be done lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

There is a solution to that. Instead to have both shrouds available at the same time, make them interchangeable out of combat, but not tide to the trait line. For this battle I want DS, for next I might want to use RS… Like every other utility skill with small arrow and you pick the one you want to use.

And this prevents people from just always using the superior shroud, how?

Sorry, I just don’t feel this is the right move. It takes away from Reaper’s uniqueness. I personally think it needs to be the melee necro and shouldn’t be able to swap into a ranged nuke stance.

Furthermore, this will hurt Reaper as a whole. It’s currently getting some great talents in the realm of survivability (or they will be great after tweaks) that would be too strong on a ranged class. If the Reaper could go into a ranged nuke stance at any time as powerful as DS, the traits meant to keep it functioning as a frontline brawler would become overpowered and need to be nerfed, thus making the Reaper weaker at the job it already struggles to fulfill.

It’s an interesting idea, and I wouldn’t discourage outside-of-the-box thinking like this, but it gets a thumbs down from me and I don’t think it will happen.

(edited by Jackalrat.5493)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

if they were on f1 and f2 they share the same cooldown so can’t be done lol

What other F skills share cooldowns?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Which form would Unholy Sanctuary transform us into?

Could take the Revenant stance system (so you can pick which form is in which F1 and F2) and code it to take the F1. So if you want reaper, put that in F1, the death shroud, put that in F1 instead?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I’m not convinced we need it but gd would that be awesome! +1

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’d much rather not see this. As it stands, there is little reason not to take Reaper at the moment. Reaper’s shroud is much better than Death shroud and being able to have both while as reaper makes the reaper specialization required for your bar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

I actually wouldnt mind seeing this as sometimes certain DS skilks fit into better situation and if entering and exitting the respect shrouds shared a CD I suppose that could be fine. IMO it be no differnt than an engi having mutiple kits to use at certain times.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Iavra.8510

Except kits are part of the core engi and not its elite specialization.

I’m not necessarily against this, but Reaper needs something that makes people want to trait in it (which is NOT strictly superior to base necro). Having RS baseline would make the traitline in its current form kinda useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

Some mentioned to have f1 and f2 with the same lf pool. I like this idea and sign up me for it, however know that other classes aka guardian would start to cry about it. So if not this idea (what would make necro-reaper viable, eben greqt to play) if its too much to ask from anet, then just make skills in shroud changeable out of combat, like utilities. Thatcould make a great chance for build diversity, u could pick the best for direct dmg, for condi, or support. Much better setup options

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

the problem is reaper traitline makes the shroud not worth taking! either they need to buff gs greatly and make it something to fear and almost a must have for necro aswell as make chill viable again,

with the chill and movement changes reaper has no way to stay on target, everyone just leaps away or has some stupid mechanic to cleanse it passively same with cripple

i would rather them delete the trait line and just give us the shroud as our specialisation

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Sorry, I just don’t feel this is the right move. It takes away from Reaper’s uniqueness. I personally think it needs to be the melee necro and shouldn’t be able to swap into a ranged nuke stance.

Furthermore, this will hurt Reaper as a whole. It’s currently getting some great talents in the realm of survivability (or they will be great after tweaks) that would be too strong on a ranged class. If the Reaper could go into a ranged nuke stance at any time as powerful as DS, the traits meant to keep it functioning as a frontline brawler would become overpowered and need to be nerfed, thus making the Reaper weaker at the job it already struggles to fulfill.

It’s an interesting idea, and I wouldn’t discourage outside-of-the-box thinking like this, but it gets a thumbs down from me and I don’t think it will happen.

And which one is the superior!? Because I didnt find any of them to be better then the other one. Also having both available F1 and F2 also dont cover “chosing the superior”…
RS is not better then DS its just different.

in Necromancer

Azure.8670

What is this ranged nuke you speaknof? Death shroud does more damage from close, it’s 4 and 5 require you to be be close, 2 is a gap closer, 3 is a fear.

Do you play this class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MadOtaku.8532

MadOtaku.8532

Actually makes sense i mean other classes don’t lose F skins like us, not sure whether they should be shared CDs if they were not id then say reaper/necro would finally get a much needed buff to his options. Cause right now reaper gameplay is fun but it will get old quick since its pretty simplistic.

in Necromancer

Iavra.8510

Dragonhunter loses its old virtues and ele kinda temporarily trades one of its attunements for a new skill. So far only mesmer gains something new for free and there are already discussions over in our forums.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

It seems that if a class gets a oh-weapon then something is added to the mechanic, while if a class gest a 2h-weapon the mechanic is replaced by a similar one.

Asking to have 2 shrouds not only is not really useful, but would require them to make Dragonhunter with 6 virtues.

And at least Reaper Shroud is good, DH virtues are not.

in Necromancer

Iavra.8510

It seems that if a class gets a oh-weapon then something is added to the mechanic, while if a class gest a 2h-weapon the mechanic is replaced by a similar one.

Exactly, and personally i think this doesn’t make any sense at all.

- Reaper GS in its current form is pretty much useless and still the entire specialization should be weaker (compared to specialization that get an OH weapon) to compensate for it having 3 more skills.

- Even if mesmer Shield would be absolute trash (which it isn’t), there are still a bunch of weapons that have been used for years and won’t suddenly stop working once you pick chrono.