Death Shroud - Needs the anti double tap fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

You gave the elites a 1 second “recharge” before being able to end the transformation, to avoid accidentally ending it by double tapping or whatever.

Why has Death Shroud not been given the same treatment?

Death Shroud needs 0.5 or 1 second where you cant accidentally cancel it instantly.

Thank you.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

That would prevent DS-flashing. Bad idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Make it optional for every transformation skill.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Sometimes you don’t even have to double tap.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

No thanks. I dont want to be forced out of my playstyle because you cant control your twitchy fingers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

No thanks. I dont want to be forced out of my playstyle because you cant control your twitchy fingers.

^ This

Calm down and have a drink, you will live longer and you won’t double tap so often.

If I just want the fear, I don’t want to lose a full second of damage on scepter.

If it was an optional setting though I wouldn’t care.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Yes please. Just have an option to enable or disable it in the advanced options or something because I’m not sure if my mouse 5 is breaking or not, but I seem to exit DS a lot. While pressured I seem to exit ds but while calmly testing it out I’m fine. I even moved it to what my old push to talk button used to be and my push to talk button is my DS button so you can imagine the antics while being hammer locked by a warrior.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

This happens only when i panic…
But in those situations it is really annoying like the short lookout of skills when leaving ds due no lf left.
But does it need a change? Not really, but an option for this would be nice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

It happens to me whether or not I panic. I tried to using quick taps before but that didn’t make a difference to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This happens when there’s lag. It’s kitten annoying.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So when theres lag remember pressing ds multiple times will likely cancel it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Not to go against the ds dancing playstyle, but thats really a bad way of using DS…

Also for topic nahh, sometimes when you only got like 10% lf you need that fear or tshackle and dont want to get locked out of your utilities you just do F1(or whichever button your kebound it like your mouse 4), 4 (or again whichever button you got it keybound like 5 for shackles and 3 for doom) and F1 again rapidly.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its not a really bad way of using DS lol. If i dont need the defense from it and the skills are a dps loss then flashing for fury and weakening shroud proc is all I need.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

It’s not just spoj’s build and playstyle, DS flashing is useful in any type of build.
The suggestion here would be an imposition for most players, and quite frankly a nerf to the class.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Actually no… flashing ds is terrible… you lose power, the only gap closer we have and 2 forms of cc for 10 (7) seconds for boons that are a basic thing on other professions.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I can cast doom mid flash if I need it and I can not flash if I want to cast dark path or tainted shackles. Flashing isnt bad, flashing in situations where you might need DS or DS skills is bad. Most pve content is so faceroll you can happily flash DS all day long for increased dps. You dont need a gap closer in pve.

in Necromancer

thaooo.5320

People talk about PvE in class sub-forums? Since when?

ALL IS VAIN.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

this isnt the pvp sub forum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

But of corpses bunker build flashes all-time for stability (plz buff it to 4sec so you can actualy get a stomp off ) and im trying on a variant of leetos d/d power necro with the stability flashing, just to “try to deal” with the abomination called decap engie.

This is more a problem of lag , your mouse or your nervousness :P not that it doesnt happen to me but the change would be bad, limiting our potential.
And it doesnt happen often, the 1-s utility delay would be soooo much nicer to be fixed first

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

thaooo.5320

Lets discuss the equip zerker + stack on boss meta which all classes currently use for PvE.

Never mind, that’s what all classes do, so PvE doesn’t need to be discussed in a class sub-forum.

ALL IS VAIN.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Lets discuss the equip zerker + stack on boss meta which all classes currently use for PvE.

Never mind, that’s what all classes do, so PvE doesn’t need to be discussed in a class sub-forum.

People like you are so bitter and dull.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

PvE doesn’t need to be discussed in a class sub-forum.

what??

Actually no… flashing ds is terrible…

You’re assuming that DS flashing means double tapping to gain boons. That’s just not true.
3/5 skills have a shorter casting time than 1 sec. If I wanted to use one of these skills, and just that one, before I switch back to my regular weapon/utility bar then a 1 sec cd for exiting DS would be a horrible nerf, especially in PvP.
Another example would be preventing the utility skill lock out. If you go into Shroud to mitigate some damage, but you realize that you’re about to take more damage than you have lf left, then it’s probably better to manually exit. If there was a 1sec cd you could be locking yourself out of your utility bar for up to 2 seconds.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

what??

You’re assuming that DS flashing means double tapping to gain boons. That’s just not true.
3/5 skills have a shorter casting time than 1 sec. If I wanted to use one of these skills, and just that one, before I switch back to my regular weapon/utility bar then a 1 sec cd for exiting DS would be a horrible nerf, especially in PvP.
Another example would be preventing the utility skill lock out. If you go into Shroud to mitigate some damage, but you realize that you’re about to take more damage than you have lf left, then it’s probably better to manually exit. If there was a 1sec cd you could be locking yourself out of your utility bar for up to 2 seconds.

a) Look up stance flashing and stance dancing, if you use a non instant in any kind of form swap it kinda no longer fits into it.
b) I never said that putting global cd on transform swap is a good thing, im just saying that popping ds for nothing but boofs n proc is bad (even on a condi build you kinda spend 2 seconds min in it, 4 if you got earth sigil on your weapon).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

what??

a) Look up stance flashing and stance dancing, if you use a non instant in any kind of form swap it kinda no longer fits into it.
b) I never said that putting global cd on transform swap is a good thing, im just saying that popping ds for nothing but boofs n proc is bad (even on a condi build you kinda spend 2 seconds min in it, 4 if you got earth sigil on your weapon).

I don’t know about that… assuming we can talk about PVE for a second, in a condition build 1, 3, 4 largely do nothing against PVE mobs, 5 has a really long cooldown, and 2 is situationally dangerous to use. You may only go into DS for the 5th skill practically, and flashing in between that time would be fine for the boons.

Of course PVE is pointlessly easy… but the point still stands you would do your DPS harm to not flash. Of course your DPS is really low compared to everyone else already… so the fury doesn’t really make up for that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

The fury isnt even why i flash. My group provides perma fury. I flash for weakening shroud which gives me extra cleave dps every 7/10 seconds. Its very worthwhile if I dont need DS for anything else. Although in a solo situation the fury is a huge dps increase.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Make it optional for every transformation skill.

that might be a good idea

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Chaba.5410

IMHO they should fix the delay on access to the left-hand skills after exiting DS first :p

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

IMHO they should fix the delay on access to the left-hand skills after exiting DS first :p

Left hand as in you got a numpad mouse like i do or? Since utilities are on the right side of the keyboard by default.

in Necromancer

Chaba.5410

Sorry, I meant the right-hand skills. You know… “that side”. Hadn’t had my coffee yet today…

Chaba Tangnu