[Death Shroud] Nerf it just like adrenaline

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Enough said,
Death Shroud = adrenaline

If warriors cannot carry their adrenaline to the next battle, then necros should not be able to carry their 100% full Death Shroud to the next battle. Their life force should decay as soon as they exit combat PERIOD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Enough said,

If warriors cannot carry their adrenaline to the next battle, then necros should not be able to carry their 100% full Death Shroud to the next battle. Their life force should decay as soon as they exit combat PERIOD.

Warriors also build adrenaline in a couple attacks while necromancers take half a fight to build it up IF they are dedicated to it. Also, the core of the warrior’s defenses are not completely dependent on Adrenaline.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

Yeah the two are only comparable by the fact they are both secondary resources. I suppose Thief Initiative should degen as well by this logic…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I see a mad warrior.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

The changes to adrenaline were all based on the fact that it was more beneficial to NOT spend it, but rather leave it at max. That isn’t true for DS, so the suggestion makes no sense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I agree.

We should also buff signet of the vampire to give the same healing as healing signet. And give necros tons of stability and invulns, and heavy armor, and tons of weapon choices. Actually then we could just call them warromancers, and make life force have a different effect for every weapon!

This is fun. Maybe next time we could make engineers and elementalists into the same class on next week’s episode of coffee at the QQ cafe.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Enough said,

Warriors also build adrenaline in a couple attacks while necromancers take half a fight to build it up IF they are dedicated to it. Also, the core of the warrior’s defenses are not completely dependent on Adrenaline.

Necros gain life force with most skills used, plus they also have traits that enhance life force while in combat. Their Death Shroud should not carry to the next battle PERIOD!

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

Enough said,

Necros gain life force with most skills used, plus they also have traits that enhance life force while in combat. Their Death Shroud should not carry to the next battle PERIOD!

Haha. No they don’t unless they spec for it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Enough said,

Do yourself a favor and stop talking, you very clearly don’t know what your talking about and your embarrassing yourself.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Hitman… stop embarrassing yourself… For the record, I main a warrior, so let’s dig in:

DS and Adrenaline are two bars, that is correct, both also fill when in combat, also correct… However, the functionality and benefits from it differ greatly…

Warrior’s Adrenaline is not your main source of survivability, whereas Deathshroud for a Necromancer is… You, as a warrior, merely get damage bonusses and maybe some extra healing per second out of it, while you use your utilities, weapons, health and armour to survive…
Warriors have acces to condition immunity, damage immunity, and CC immunity when taking stances, and depending on the build, can sacrifice one of these to get other boons in combat (such as AoE regen, passive strength/defense buffs, or condi removal on shouts w/e)… They have the tools to survive via traits, utilites and weapons…

A Necromancer has to manage his resource way differently however, since they lack everything to survive… They are in essence a huge sponge that has to absorb all the damage hit, since the mitigation comes, and here is the clue, from having lifeforce and being able to go into DS…

Unlike Adrenaline, most Necromancer weapons do not build up Lifeforce quickly, this is a design choice that is more than fitting, since having 100% uptime of Lifeforce all the time would be both stupid and broken… This, combined with the fact that Necromancers’ lifeforce does decay when using it, is the reason it does not decay out of combat, as it is their defensive utility…

If you truly want to make them equal, give Necromancer’s as much acces to Lifeforce as Warriors have to Adrenaline… Trust me, you do not want that, and will likely end up crying so hard that you might wanna refill some water to your body when it happens…

In short, play both, and learn to play…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

All I see is a kitten warrior who can’t handle the fact that he can’t smash his face on the keyboard anymore.

How about this, when we get vigor, blocks, invulns, a skill that completely fills our DS bar while also making us half-immune to damage, healing signet, massive damage, tankiness, and CC all in one weapon loadout, amazing team support, great might stacking, amazing mobility, and every other mechanic that warrior gets, then we can talk about LF degenerating.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Since you posted this in the Necro forum instead of the balanced or spvp forums, I’m willing to overlook your OP.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

How about this, when we get vigor, blocks, invulns, a skill that completely fills our DS bar while also making us half-immune to damage, healing signet, massive damage, tankiness, and CC all in one weapon loadout, amazing team support, great might stacking, amazing mobility, and every other mechanic that warrior gets, then we can talk about LF degenerating.

OI! Don’t you go around plagiarizing my posts!
That’s almost word for word what I said to Anas Tarci!

At OP – That is an awful strawman and why would you post this HERE?
Do that on the War forums where some clueless people might actually agree with you.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Thank you Hitman, I haven’t laughed that hard since … well quite a while actualy.
You’ve done your job now you can go back playing minecraft and never talk about necro again since you obviously don’t know this profession.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

A necro that gets jumped on without life force is dead most of the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

delicious warrior tears

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Was good for a smile and a brief chuckle

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

#RageAboutWarriorNerf? #MadWarrior? #YouDontKnowYourNecro

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Yea, cereally, DS should go on 10times the cooldown when it doesn’t hit!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

How can a transformation hit or dont hit?
I mean, the transformation is always successful so what the point of a fail state?

*ironie off

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Go back to your cave.

in Necromancer

Mayama.1854

…and it should deal over 10k damage in an aoe to all zerker builds, than we are on par with warriors

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Enough said,

16 skills generate life force. Out of them, 2 are underwater skills and another 2 are part of one damage chain. And another one generates it while in death shroud. The necromancer has 60 skills in total. So no. Most of our skills DO NOT generate life force.

8 traits effect life force in some way. That’s 8 traits out of 80.

So no, you are incorrect. Warriors build adrenaline much faster then necromancers do with no investment. And this was never a problem because of the way those are designed. Necromancer’s DS builds very slowly in all places except when a large number of deaths are occurring. Such as events.

The two profession skills have little in common with each other and you can’t base your assumptions about if a profession’s mechanic is unbalanced when you have never even played the profession yourself.

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

snip

PERIOD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’ll agree to it as long as necros get a greatsword to fly out of every fight.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riccardo.7254

Riccardo.7254

guys sorry for Hitman. i faced him in spvp and mauled him in DS so many times that he got deathshroudophopic..

and (jokes aside)

to answer OP: NO. as others already stated Adrenaline and DS are so different that asking for a counterbalance to lifeforce gain is just newbish and wrong.

Commander Soundless Death, Necro 80 – IoJ
Commander Gammaburst, Warr 80 – IoJ
Headhunter Jaeger, Thief 80 – IoJ

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Well, feeding the troll couldn’t have been any easier.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

After reading the rant/troll, here’s what I came up with.
(literal thought process: I’d let LF decay OoC if we could burn it all in a “burst” skill→ lol, lets make an OP “burst”/elite skill that is fueled by LF)

Tainted Flesh
Elite skill. 1/4s activation. 60s recharge. Lose all accumulated Life Force. For 5 seconds, whenever a foe strikes you in combat, that foe gains all conditions. Conditions are multiplied per 20% of life force lost.
Bleeding: (2x) 10 sec – 850 dmg
Blind: 5 sec
Burning: 1 sec – 328 dmg
Chilled: 2 sec
Confusion: (2x) 5 sec – 260/130 dmg on skill activate
Crippled: 10 sec
Fear: 2 sec
Immobilized: 0.5 sec
Poison: 3 sec – 252 dmg
Torment: (1x) 3 sec – 96/48 damage
Vulnerability: (2x) 10 sec
Weakness: 10 sec
Breaks stun

Therefore, burning a full Life Force bar would result the following (100% LF/ 20% LF per multiplier= 5x multiplier. 20% LF=1x, 40%=2x, and so on. LF % would be rounded down for balance purposes)

Bleeding: (10x) 50 sec – 21,250 dmg
Blind: 25 sec
Burning: 5 sec – 1,640 dmg
Chilled: 10 sec
Confusion: (10x) 25 sec – 1,300/650 dmg on skill use
Crippled: 50 sec
Fear: 10 sec
Immobilized: 2.5 sec
Poison: 15 sec – 1,260 dmg
Torment: (5x) 15 sec – 2,391/1,195 dmg
Vulnerability: (10x) 50 sec
Weakness: 10 sec

Give us something like this and then we’ll talk about letting LF decay OoC

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Then nerf the combo of Healing Signet and Endure pain as well. Most necro’s pretty chanceless against this. Especially if you need to defend a cap point ofc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

OP sees warrior having a bar, OP sees necro having a bar, OP assumes everything with the bar must be the same.

Talk about how to publicly shame oneself lol

PERIODDDDDDDDDDDDD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I mostly agree. Just thing is you need to have acces to it as its basicaly only defense for necro, so the 10% to enter and start with 0% is also BS if u ask most ppl.
100% DS in 1v1 is OP. especicialy on power necro, who can generate another bar during the fight. Keep in mind, in teamfights, its still no use ok back to topic

Start with ZERO LF is unfair, and you mostly have this after you lost a fight. Snowball anyone? Or why do you lose 20% LF when you die? just adds to snowballing

1) Decrease total LifeForce to about 80% of what its now
2) Out of combat life force always goes to half 50% ( 40% of what its now )

3) Now necro more constantly easier to balance, smaller min/max scenarios
4) nerf/buff if needed

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Comedy gold.

If you’re going to hate on a profession, at least have an inkling of what you’re talking about.

Attachments:

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Enough said,

This. Also, I would literally never play my Necromancer again if changes like this went through. Very few things in this game get me steamed, but even the thought of this kittenes me off so much I’m restraining myself from spewing a paragraph long rant on how you should go die in a hole for even suggesting it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furious.2867

Furious.2867

Enough said,
OP = noob warrior

I may have a sliver of sympathy if the yet-another-whine post came from an engie or guard.

BUT from a warrior!!!!

OMFG out of all classes. Suggesting the nerf of DS and comparing it to adrenaline!!!! Dude L2P warrior. It’s already easy as hell to play

Turret Engie, 13 Nades Engie, MM Necro Hambow, P/P Thief, PU Mesmer
Condi & DPS Ranger, Spirit Guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

@OP
As I main both a warrior AND a necro, I have to say that this change is massively overdue. The ability to build up a full bar of a adrenalin in a few attacks is fine give that’s the idea behind adrenalin. It comes and goes quickly. But for warriors to be able to miss a burst but still retain the adrenalin made for mindless play. There was no cost involved in screwing up.

Now, with death shroud, I’m sure other necro players will agree with me, if you punch it at the wrong moment or dismiss at the wrong moment you’re pretty screwed. One reason is there are 2 cool downs built in. A 10s one when you first activate it and a reactivated 10s cooldown if you cancel it manually. It also removed your ability to cleanse yourself unless you trait for it.

Depending on the build, the sum total of HP+DS for a necro would still be less than a warrior even with zerk gear.

Lifeforce also decays during use in addition to absorbing your damage. So although you gained effectively another health bar, it would deplete at twice the rate of your main health bar but took at least three times longer to fill compared to adrenalin.

Quite frankly, if you don’t understand another class’s abilities you would do well to keep your trap shut.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Enough said,

Your forum posts are funny. Using CAPS for emphasis and saying PERIOD at the end of every sentence doesn’t make it so.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Hitman you are playing by far the most op class in game and actually saying a necromancer needs a nerf. Please try playing a class to 80 before complaining about it. A necromancer requires some skill not button mashing like warriors. You lost a fight because they strategically played better then you. Get over it.

Next move, remove rangers pet it knocked me down. Enough said.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Maybe when necros can reliably cycle through their entire life force bar several times in a single fight this will be a reasonable comparison.

This is fun. Maybe next time we could make engineers and elementalists into the same class on next week’s episode of coffee at the QQ cafe.

Attachments:

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: andredude.7093

andredude.7093

I agree with OP. I run a Warrior as a main, 666+ AP, full zerker, and last night on sPvP I was 1v1ing a Necro, and then he popped DS and BAM. WTH anet?!?! It took me at least 5 extra seconds to kill him, what were they thinking?? Please Nerf DS or at least make it so Necros have degeneration on their regular health bar instead of the DS, or maybe balance it so that using skills DEPLETES death shroud bar instead of filling. NECROS ARE TOO OP!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Warriors are OP!

Attachments:

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Necromancer

Mayama.1854

Maybee make engineers need to load up their kits too while in combat before they can use them and bevor we forget thieves should generate initiative in combat and start with zero.

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

Lets let this thread die. I think we have made quite an example of what people get when they ask to nerf other professions out of spite, without understanding the current predicaments of the said profession and thinking about the consequences of the hypothetical nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Viva la QQ thread!

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

DS is OP . Have a 2nd life bar is a broken mechanic . I play all others class and I’ll trade all my blocks / evade / invul / teleport / immunities for get 2x more HP on demand like necros have . They should remove DS from the game and necro will be totally balanced . And move Terror to grandmaster .
And what are you guys saying ? Pfft . You necros can fill DS soo fast . Just use staff 1 on clock tower kitten . And you have too much attrition . Plague just reset the fight easily , way better than thieves shadow refuge . All you have to do is L2P sorry

Please don’t respond to this troll and let this thread die.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

The OP has clearly never played a necro, but I do agree that LF needs a rework. Having ALL your durability come from a 2nd health bar is extremely difficult to balance, especially 1v1: when it’s empty you’re basically a sitting duck, and when it’s full you’re stupidly tanky!

I really think we should get more access to boons and other sustain mechanics, and have life force become just an energy bar that powers DS skills.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

Really? If you want to make the tradeoff feel free to roll a Necro and tell us how fast you can get life force in combat, comparing tmthe class mechanic of your Warrior or any other profession. Tell us how DS is better than an evade, invulnurability or stances when you get focused. Tell us how an elite skill with 180 seconds of cooldown that can be pingponged, kited and hits like a noodle is better than a stealth that truly resets a fight with significantly lower cooldown. Tell us how you can get life force without a target aside from reslotting minions and being in areas where there are no clock towers (did you really think before saying this?) and ambient creatures. Tell us how good our attrition is without heal sustain and trying to outlive your foe till the end until they use the mechanics you traded to put distance and eventually leave you chasing.

Your statement sounds more like a spiteful outcry out of being defeated by a necro than a realistical analysis. There aren’t many necros in high tier in any game mode for valid reasons. My advice is the same as yours, L2P. Maybe then you can see there isn’t much to complain.

Edit: I am sorry that even when I proposed the thread to die I was carried away by the troll.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

DS is OP . Have a 2nd life bar is a broken mechanic . I play all others class and I’ll trade all my blocks / evade / invul / teleport / immunities for get 2x more HP on demand like necros have . They should remove DS from the game and necro will be totally balanced . And move Terror to grandmaster .
And what are you guys saying ? Pfft . You necros can fill DS soo fast . Just use staff 1 on clock tower kitten . And you have too much attrition . Plague just reset the fight easily , way better than thieves shadow refuge . All you have to do is L2P sorry

Attachments:

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

lvling my necro now, just so i can reply w ‘QQ’ when someone whispers me that 2nd lifebar is op, yes its one as (double s) move, but whatever, hate me warriors, here i come!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Necromancer

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

The OP has clearly never played a necro, but I do agree that LF needs a rework. Having ALL your durability come from a 2nd health bar is extremely difficult to balance, especially 1v1: when it’s empty you’re basically a sitting duck, and when it’s full you’re stupidly tanky!

I really think we should get more access to boons and other sustain mechanics, and have life force become just an energy bar that powers DS skills.

Necro is stupidly tanky because the lack of mobility and evasion mechanics.

in Necromancer

Mayama.1854

Necro is stupidly tanky because the lack of mobility and evasion mechanics.

Necro isnt stupidly tanky, a bunker guardian is stupidly tanky, a shout warrior is stupidly tanky, a regen condi ranger is stupidly tanky. Compared to real tanky specs necro is squishy as hell.